roughyed34

Law cup week 😁

Yeah thanks Tyrone, spot on info.

Hope they get it on for Wednesday. Now obviously nothing can be done about the weather but if the pitch is in such a bad state and Rochdale FC are playing Tuesday as well (which I reckon has a sway on this weekends postponement,could be wrong though) it could be a real problem if it continues to be poor weather,according to fans on Dale FC board they say 80 tons of sand are ready to go down on the pitch and the pitch is shot to bits.I can see the Law Cup 2018 disappearing for this year especially if the football club kick off about the pitch. Guess we will wait and see. Be a real shame if it doesn't happen.

Edited by roughyed34

32 minutes ago, roughyed34 said:

Yeah thanks Tyrone, spot on info.

Hope they get it on for Wednesday. Now obviously nothing can be done about the weather but if the pitch is in such a bad state and Rochdale FC are playing Tuesday as well (which I reckon has a sway on this weekends postponement,could be wrong though) it could be a real problem if it continues to be poor weather,according to fans on Dale FC board they say 80 tons of sand are ready to go down on the pitch and the pitch is shot to bits.I can see the Law Cup 2018 disappearing for this year especially if the football club kick off about the pitch. Guess we will wait and see. Be a real shame if it doesn't happen.

My information is the pitch is in terrible condition. It's not been right for years inspite of large sums of money being spent on it. I've lost count of the number of times it's been resurfaced.

• Like 1

Aye just seen the highlights from the Dale game v Blackpool.Pitch looked reasonable at first but cut up something shocking near the end of the game by the looks of things. Seems like the football fans are bemoaning the state of the pitch after the work last year seems to have failed,some even suggesting legal action against the folk who did the work. Hope it gets sorted soon, do the footy club hold sway on when the pitch is playable for Hornets? 

Why not play it at whitebank if it's an all weather surface it should be okay for a rugby match if it's available,I'm only saying this because I work nights and cant make it on a Wednesday, so 3 of us wouldn't be able to make it 

• Like 1

I suspect a lot of people who would have gone on Sunday wont be able to make it Wednesday. With people working and it being a school night.

• Like 1

Gutted, been looking forward to this for ages :(

Crowd will defo be affected, my boys wont be able to go now as it is a school night and I am sure it will apply to other youngsters. 

Edited by Whitworth Yed

I don't think we'll be able to make it either if it goes ahead that is, real shame as we were all looking forward to it. Its a school night plus I think a much smaller crowd will be in attendance...

9 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

It's a bit chilly out there and it's making me wonder whether our game will be on.  

Got to admit mate,I've been thinking the same thing. Fingers crossed it'll be on.I think the turmoil that hornet's seem to be in at the moment won't get helping matters.

Just been out on my New Year's resolution daily-walk and it doesn't seem too bad out there tonight.   Can't see it being much different over on the proper side of the hill so maybe we'll be ok. 

Hope it goes ahead but I can't see it happening what with Dale playing the night before too. The dry spell will have helped but I can't make it anyway as I've a committee meeting. 

Also Lewis Galbraith and Miles Greenwood not playing for Hornet's,Galbraith to Batley and Greenwood just acting in a conditioning role so that won't help regarding tomorrow's game.

2 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

Also Lewis Galbraith and Miles Greenwood not playing for Hornet's,Galbraith to Batley and Greenwood just acting in a conditioning role so that won't help regarding tomorrow's game.

Galbraith leaving is loss. I wasn't expecting to see Greenwood playing much this season to be honest. I think he'd be the first to admit he struggled to fill Wayne English's shoes last season. We've got two better fullbacks at the moment.

So who's going, don't think I'll be there, I know it's against the old enemy but it's just a pre-season friendly, building coffers exercise 😱😵😱😵😱😵

I'll be putting on the tin hat for protection 😁🤕

52 minutes ago, clifford said:

So who's going, don't think I'll be there, I know it's against the old enemy but it's just a pre-season friendly, building coffers exercise 😱😵😱😵😱😵

I'll be putting on the tin hat for protection 😁🤕

You won't need a tin hat Clifford....bring a bunker ha ha.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, clifford said:

I'll be there, pitchside with my camera whilst simultaneously running the twitter account.  I was toying with the idea of running a live audio feed via Mixlr but I see there's no free tier any more, which is a bit pants.

Maybe I could do it sponsored for away games when OCR aren't in attendance.  "Welcome to <name of away ground>, my name's Dave Naylor, sponsored by Bob's Carpet Shop, we've got you covered". 

• Like 3

Pitch tonight looks like Blackpool beach, hope no players from either side get hurt on that. Rochdale FC fans seem to think it's dangerous,can see turned ankles/knees galore on that. On the plus side I heard the sand had 20% off the price 😂 (sorry Hornets fans!)

Screenshot_20180109-225409.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

At least the game is on.The boys will just have to be a bit more careful on that pitch.Looking forward to tonight and seeing our much changed side.New faces in the side and new names to get used to.See you all tonight.

• Like 1

AN Other playing tonight an extra back that has been training with the squad, wonder who he is and hopefully if he does well he gets a shot in the team.

9 hours ago, roughyed34 said:

Pitch tonight looks like Blackpool beach, hope no players from either side get hurt on that. Rochdale FC fans seem to think it's dangerous,can see turned ankles/knees galore on that. On the plus side I heard the sand had 20% off the price 😂 (sorry Hornets fans!)

Screenshot_20180109-225409.png

The pitches I played on looked like that in early October !

• Like 1

Can someone give us  an  update on the match and how the players shape up,i start work at 8 so I've no chance of seeing or hearing anything it would be much appreciated thanks