He died in 2016 too.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Futtocks said:

He died in 2016 too.

I never knew!!! 

4 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

He died in 2016 too.

Can’t keep a good man down.

Word going around that Fenella Fielding has died, aged a respectable 90 years old.

22 hours ago, Shadow said:

Can’t keep a good man down.

These celebs and their comebacks 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Word going around that Fenella Fielding has died, aged a respectable 90 years old.

Confirmed https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/fenella-fielding-dead-carry-on-actress-dies-a8533631.html

Liz Frazer and Fennella Fielding it looks like Big G is going into the film business

Kevin Beattie ex Ipswich Town footballer died of a heart attack today aged 64. A superb defender.Rest in Peace.

So 8 days after being given less than 24 hours to live,  my mother has finally decided to call it a day. 87, not a bad innings for someone with such a hard life. I had many ding dongs with her, usually about religion (she *was* Mrs Doyle) but it was all fine in the end.

I'm oddly slightly relieved as it was very very hard to take and not unlike mental torture. Thanks to all TRL people for the distraction over the last week or so.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

So 8 days after being given less than 24 hours to live,  my mother has finally decided to call it a day. 87, not a bad innings for someone with such a hard life. I had many ding dongs with her, usually about religion (she *was* Mrs Doyle) but it was all fine in the end.

I'm oddly slightly relieved as it was very very hard to take and not unlike mental torture. Thanks to all TRL people for the distraction over the last week or so.

Sorry to hear the news, John.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Johnoco said:

Very sorry to hear your news, my condolences.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Johnoco said:

sorry to hear that - been through it myself and its horrid- best wishes mate.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Johnoco said:

I'm oddly slightly relieved as it was very very hard to take and not unlike mental torture. Thanks to all TRL people for the distraction over the last week or so.

Condolences.

Having seen my auntie slowly die of cancer and my nan slowly die from MRSA I feel your pain, it's a sort of selfish relief that they have finally gone and not suffering anymore and you not having to see them slowly ebb away, don't feel guilty, it does not diminish your love and loyalty one iota. My nan wasn't lucid for quite a long time but I'd spent a good while chatting with her when she was in hospital, It was a 350 mile round trip and I used to feel sick and anxious all the way up and come home feeling desperately sad.

I'm glad you found your peace with your mum.

Edited by Denton Rovers RLFC
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jayemm said:

TV host and comedy writer Denis Norden, aged 96.

This obituary is worth a read, especially the opening bit about Bergen-Belsen: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-25738224 A Jewish Allied soldier, faced with the results of such very human brutality, still giving away his rations to hungry German children.

• Like 1

He and Frank Muir were one of the greatest comedy writing partnerships of all time along with Galton and Simpson.

On 9/12/2018 at 10:57 AM, DavidM said:

Carry On Screaming is  my main  knowledge of her . 

Its interesting you should say that. I read an obituary just an hour ago about her which stated that was her defining role for which she will be remembered. It was meant sincerely and I understood what they meant as she played it perfectly.