https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/doncaster-rise-challenge/

Doncaster have sold more than three times as many season tickets for the 2018 season as they did last year.

The League 1 club launched the ‘Challenge 1000’ campaign in the off-season, with it coming to an end on Christmas Day.

In total, the Dons have sold 607 season tickets for the 2018 campaign, 366 of those being adult and 241 being under the age of 16.

As part of the ‘Challenge 1000’ campaign, they capped season tickets at just £60 for adults, with kids going free at the Keepmoat Stadium in 2018.

Head of group marketing & communications at Club Doncaster, Shaun Lockwood, said: “We’ve had a great response to the Challenge 1000 campaign, adult season tickets have increased by 99% compared to 2017 and child season ticket number have increased by over 200 year-on-year.

“These numbers provide us with a great platform to start growing the Dons fan-base from, our hard work now starts as we look to improve the matchday experience at the club and keep the younger generation of supporters we’ve found with the Challenge 1000 campaign.”

Doncaster CEO, Carl Hall, said: “Last season, the Dons sold less than 200 season tickets in total, this year we now have over 600.

“It is a great achievement, especially considering the disappointing season we had in 2017.

“Even with the reduced prices, our season ticket sales revenue has increased, with the additional funds going straight towards the first team to ensure Richard (Horne) can make us competitive on the pitch.”

• Like 9

A good initiative and something to build on...........encouraging to see the number of children they are engaging with too - the next generation of supporters

I bought a couple of passes, a steal at the price. I went to the Keepmoat a few times last season and really enjoyed it. These lads in League 1 don’t get the credit they deserve for the entertainment they provide. Roll on February 18th.

Good post, well done Doncaster.  Other posts on this Forum show great interest in League 1.  I hope Donny go well and contribute to an exciting league 1!

• Like 1

As I mentioned in a previous post, I bought tickets for my parents and kids (I work overseas) and this is a great way to try and rebuild.

Dons have a fantastic stadium but unfortunately it is south of the river when Rugby League has historcally been a north of the river sport. It is only a few miles from the old stadium but it is still outside of its base and we know how fickle League fans can be :)

There is a lot to like about this club and it is far better run than it was 20 years or so when we got over 6,000 at Tattersfield.

The idea to attract people to the games in the hope they will return and tell their friends and others who used to attend is a good one.

Great stadium, good organization, just now need a team on the field to match the other areas without breaking the bank.

Edited by Goughy
  • Like 1