Money Trouble?

ormskirknet

45 minutes ago, Dave Naylor said:

That's just what we said last year when he tipped us to go down, more's the pity.

After your win at Batley you really should have stayed up.However our win at home to Swinton and your loss scuppered it.Down to the wire alright.

On 08/01/2018 at 7:26 PM, moorside roughyed said:

The question is-Do the RFL actually care if us smaller club's go to the wall?.Remember they have beloved superleague.

Simple answer No.In fact to expand on that they want the likes of Oldham,Rochdale,Swinton and even Salford to just die peacefully and the sadistic bar stewards at the RFL would rejoice.#### they are 

7 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Simple answer No.In fact to expand on that they want the likes of Oldham,Rochdale,Swinton and even Salford to just die peacefully and the sadistic bar stewards at the RFL would rejoice.#### they are 

The RFL who bent over backwards to let us play at Whitebank?  Who are the reason hornets are still playing at Spotland?

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

On 09/01/2018 at 11:34 AM, mickhornet said:

Gary Schofield has tipped us and Swinton to go down ,as he usually gets it wrong  we might stay up.

If the vote for a 14 team super league goes through (as expected), I think you'll find that nobody will be relegated from the championship this year, in order to keep it a 12 team league. As a Barrow fan I would welcome this as I think it would take a lot of pressure off our club, even though I think we should be good enough to stay up.

Really hope you get things sorted at Rochdale.

In Killer's latest video it was stated that only two players have left us - Galbraith, as announced, but the other?

Also, it appears that Warrington may have abandoned their reserve team, which may affect our DR ( unless we get access to some first teamers).   Anyone know about Gregory who was on our team sheet last night (according to Oldham's match report)?

Hopefully all is fully sorted beneficially soon - it was going to be a tough enough season without this and with a full squad.

Early season good form - especially the 5 home games in first 7 rounds will be crucial to the season - pity about last night's loss.

Shame this has happened. Similar happened to North Wales in 2014 - the same season as the RFL restructured the Championship to accommodate 12 teams in SL and Championship. 5th from bottom but still demoted to League 1 - and of course players expected the same wage. Unfortunately eyes were taken off the financial ball and we ended up in a massive financial black hole which we are still climbing out of. Hope that Hornets can ride the storm.

On the plus side we have a coach load of fans coming for the pre-season game on 21st January.

Archived