ormskirknet

Money Trouble?

Recommended Posts

I’ve just heard some worrying gossip that we are struggling financially with players being asked to take a cut in wages.....i really hope gossip is all it proves to be.

nevertheless slightly worrying and from a decent source also.

anybody else hearing something similar?

Edited by ormskirknet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

20% pay cut is rumered, cant understand the je problem are we not paying a lot less rent, or is it panick because we have lost Oldham twice and Bradford replaced with two teams with zero away fans. Looking like 2018 could see both Hornets and Dale relegated, if true. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, excolt said:

20% pay cut is rumered, cant understand the je problem are we not paying a lot less rent, or is it panick because we have lost Oldham twice and Bradford replaced with two teams with zero away fans. Looking like 2018 could see both Hornets and Dale relegated, if true. 

Pretty much what I heard also regarding 20% pay cut and NO loosing pay.

its not been very well received by the players and coach I guess, not good motivation going into a difficult season.

im getting the feeling we’ve gone backwards off the field. 

Without doubt an ultra competitive league this season, even more so than last year. I just hope this doesn’t effect us too much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's one of the reasons I object to having foreign clubs in our leagues, Toronto and Toulouse will turn up at Rochdale with next to zero fans spending zero cash.Two games lost financially. It's absolute lunacy,it's hard enough to run a rugby league club as it is.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Barrow will bring a decent amount of fans but losing Bradford and Oldham is a blow.

It's always a blow when Rochdale and Oldham aren't in the same division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we are in a difficult financial position I don't think Rochdale AFC are to far behind us. With the gates that they get plus the large playing and backroom staff and no money spinning transfers out of the club they must also be finding it hard going.

One day I will wake up and find that both clubs have been taken under the wing of a Saudi Oil Barron and spending money is not a problem. Ah well I can only dream. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Big Doug said:

If we are in a difficult financial position I don't think Rochdale AFC are to far behind us. With the gates that they get plus the large playing and backroom staff and no money spinning transfers out of the club they must also be finding it hard going.

One day I will wake up and find that both clubs have been taken under the wing of a Saudi Oil Barron and spending money is not a problem. Ah well I can only dream. 

Unfortunately its a sign of the times in league sport.With a lot of people glory supporting in their respective sports instead of following their local team.I really do fear for the long term viability of lower league sport,especially rugby league.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said a few times on differing threads on here that the next few years will be interesting in rugby league.Who'll be still afloat and who will sink.It seems to be getting harder and harder to keep our teams going.When you look around at most games you never see much regarding the younger generation as fans.The youth are the future and there doesn't seem to be enough of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

http://www.hornetsrugbyleague.co.uk/article/50668/club-statement

So it’s confirmed on club website, poor reading TBH.

I know you can’t plan for the unplanned so to speak (sponsors going bust etc) but who is our financial controller Stevie Wonder? 

“Poor commercial performance in 2017 combined with inaccurate financial information in advance of a budget setting meeting”

how the hell do we get to weeks before the start of the season for this to come to light?

Defo gone backwards off the pitch since Ryan B left us, like him or not he worked above and beyond to get £ into the commercial coffers, no wonder the last CEO disappeared quietly into the distance quite what he’s done, I’m not sure. Surely this shows what a pivotal role CEO plays in the day to day running of the club.

Who is steering this ship? I’m really disappointed this has come out at this late stage, smacks of some serious breakdown in the fundamental financial management at the club. You can’t plan around what you don’t have, I know that but to plan a full preseason recruitment on inaccurate figures is shocking. 

We've done so well to get to this stage as the new Co-op but the timing and detail of this news is so disappointing.

i bet the players and coach are feeling more than just a bit peeved. Guess who the club will come too for help again, that’s right the loyal (but limited) fan base again.

the one good thing is the board have recognised it and are trying to sort it instead of burying its head as previous regimes did in the past.

I hope Killer and the lads can just focus on doing a great job on the field.

Edited by ormskirknet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2018 at 11:58 PM, Big Doug said:

If we are in a difficult financial position I don't think Rochdale AFC are to far behind us. With the gates that they get plus the large playing and backroom staff and no money spinning transfers out of the club they must also be finding it hard going.

One day I will wake up and find that both clubs have been taken under the wing of a Saudi Oil Barron and spending money is not a problem. Ah well I can only dream. 

I'm not from Saudi, more's the pity. LOL.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

I'm not from Saudi, more's the pity. LOL.

 

I always thought that you were loaded Brent. Get your hand in your back pocket and peel a few million off for the sake of the team. I would match it if you did but I am awaiting my pension coming through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Big Doug said:

I always thought that you were loaded Brent. Get your hand in your back pocket and peel a few million off for the sake of the team. I would match it if you did but I am awaiting my pension coming through

We are all supposed to be pi**in in the same pot, unfortunately my pot's got a leak Ha Ha .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

We are all supposed to be pi**in in the same pot, unfortunately my pot's got a leak Ha Ha .

 

Oh so you can afford a pot.

I have to do with a hole in the ground.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/01/2018 at 1:21 PM, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Barrow will bring a decent amount of fans but losing Bradford and Oldham is a blow.

Swinton Lions will bring a few hundred fans to you and maybe now we know that Rochdale are in trouble a few more fans will come along,Indeed I hope as a Swinton fan the rugby league fans and community rally round the Hornits and ensure they can function.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Swinton Lions fan we know how you Hornets fans feel as we were in the last year and nearly went out of existence thanks to something very similar.The Lions fans rallied round the club got auctions going,set up crowdfunding and things have improved so maybe something similar needs to happen there and bad though it is for you at least it is out in the open and I hope that the Hornets can get things sorted out and that you can get through this.

It really is time something was done about this because it was us last year,you now and I ask the question unfortunately who next and in my opinion the RFL need to give clubs like Hornets and others a bit more central funding and that might just be all that is needed to ensure this doesn’t happen.Good luck Hornets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, excolt said:

According to League Express most player's have accepted the cut, others are on ther way out. 

Brilliant! What a mess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

As a Swinton Lions fan we know how you Hornets fans feel as we were in the last year and nearly went out of existence thanks to something very similar.The Lions fans rallied round the club got auctions going,set up crowdfunding and things have improved so maybe something similar needs to happen there and bad though it is for you at least it is out in the open and I hope that the Hornets can get things sorted out and that you can get through this.

It really is time something was done about this because it was us last year,you now and I ask the question unfortunately who next and in my opinion the RFL need to give clubs like Hornets and others a bit more central funding and that might just be all that is needed to ensure this doesn’t happen.Good luck Hornets.

The question is-Do the RFL actually care if us smaller club's go to the wall?.Remember they have beloved superleague.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, excolt said:

According to League Express most player's have accepted the cut, others are on ther way out. 

This is disturbing news for the game.Last season it was Swinton, now it's Hornet's plus us at Oldham have had more winding up petitions than most people have had hot dinners. I know we're all rivals but we need each other to survive. These are worrying times.If this carries on we will be in a pickle. The RFL need to do something.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If that's true, it's a sickener, top player Galbraith I was looking forward to seeing him run out for Hornets again this season. way things are going we are going to be relegation favorites before a ball is kicked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Jan 2018



Rugby League Books On Sale Here