I do hope Barrow stay up this season , but its a big ask . If they can stay who's else is going to be relegated ? 

5 hours ago, superten said:

I do hope Barrow stay up this season , but its a big ask . If they can stay who's else is going to be relegated ? 

I think it’s going to be a tough battle with Barrow, Swinton, Rochdale and Dewsbury.

Any two from them I think.

Its always a big ask for team making the jump from league1 to the championship. But hey!why not?

It will be like pushing a barrow uphill. 

They will be near the bottom of the league but I don't see why they can't stay up. If not for TWP they would have been the shinning jewels of League 1 with a much lower budget and part timers. Give them slack for not being able to apply for a visa but they definitely can hold their own.

Edited by Krzzystuff
  • Like 1

Barrow gained experience and talent from the additions of Stack , Carter , Walker and Hulme from Workington who joined an already decent squad at Craven Park and who all played a pivotal role in the promotion push and for me TWP and Barrow were always the 2 clubs going up in 2017  . You will do very well if you manage to stave off relegation this season .

They will be fine. As stated above Craven Park is a tough place to go to and Paul Crarey is as good a manager as anyone in the division. He gets his players playing his way and his teams know how to change tactics during a game if required.

With a couple of wins on the road I think they will be lower mid table.

16 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Yes, maybe they could slip into the battle at the bottom too.

Sorry to put Dewsbury in there!

I'm a pragmatist and have already forecast elsewhere that Dewsbury will be in that mix. I think that Sheffield have had problems with recruitment and had only 14 players in training a couple of weeks back. Despite Tubby's renowned coaching abilities this season might well be their most trying on the field for some time.

It will be an "interesting" division (unless the goalposts get moved before the season's start).

• Like 1

I genuinely hope Barrow stay up but I think it is going to be a long hard season for them. They probably need to get off to a good start with a few early season wins to gain a bit of momentum to give them their best chance

33 minutes ago, Cumbrian Fanatic said:

I genuinely hope Barrow stay up but I think it is going to be a long hard season for them. They probably need to get off to a good start with a few early season wins to gain a bit of momentum to give them their best chance

Given their starting fixtures its a bit unlikey.

Broncos away,

Toronto home,

Leigh home.

Any points from those 3 games would be a bonus

3 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Broncos away,

Toronto home,

Leigh home.

Personally I'd rather play the "big boys" at the start of the season when the upsets are more likely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Broncos away,

Toronto home,

Leigh home.

I hadn't looked at the fixtures, they couldn't have got a much harder start to the season than that

28 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Personally I'd rather play the "big boys" at the start of the season when the upsets are more likely.

but if your theory falls flat then losing 3 out of 3 could be a demoralising start to a campaign in what is already a daunting task . I'd much rather start with a few wins and build on momentum .

19 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Supposedly at the new Olympic Legacy Park - I hesitate to add stadium to that name

image_jpg_8de93973ea37c726fa3d9ab6051e0973.jpg

They've been done over Sheffield, I thought they were supposed to be building a stadium not an all weather pitch

2 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

They've been done over Sheffield, I thought they were supposed to be building a stadium not an all weather pitch

Permanent stands are supposedly coming at some point in the future but I believe that temporary stands will be used next season, much like they were when they played at the (Hallam) University sports ground.

1 hour ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

Supposedly at the new Olympic Legacy Park - I hesitate to add stadium to that name

image_jpg_8de93973ea37c726fa3d9ab6051e0973.jpg

Are fans expected to pay £15/16/17 when you can sit on a hill and get a better view.! Sheffield have been well and truly stitched.

• Like 1