It's unfortunate sometimes when Alex Jones adopts a story because it kills the truth of the story, which in some cases, is legitimate. The "gay frogs" story was based on legitimate scientific research that showed some chemical residue was causing male frogs to lose sex drive and thus, population decline in frogs.  http://news.berkeley.edu/2010/03/01/frogs/

The Armenian Princess gives us Chapter 2 of "Why I don't like Dave Rubin"  as part of a pitch to launch #NoFilter, a $40/month YT subscription service. 

She left the Brown Buffalo out of this one, not surprising after Cenk's rant about the Trump-voting, racists who beat up the 91-year-old Mexican guy in Los Angeles, while shouting, "Go back to your country." Yes, Cenk, there are lots of white supremacist, Trump voting racists in Compton named Laquisha.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:20 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

Just for the record, I am not related to the "person" shown in the article:

LaneDavis.png.3b27273c1b7029d0ae569ec055d94a0a.png

That is an Anser anser, or Greylag goose (yes, I know it's white but that is the result of selective breeding by humans.) I, quite obviously, am an Anas platyrynchos.

10 minutes ago, Farmduck said:

Just for the record, I am not related to the "person" shown in the article:

LaneDavis.png.3b27273c1b7029d0ae569ec055d94a0a.png

That is an Anser anser, or Greylag goose (yes, I know it's white but that is the result of selective breeding by humans.) I, quite obviously, am an Anas platyrynchos.

He looks angrier.  

On 7/18/2018 at 10:20 PM, Bedford Roughyed said:

Here's an example of what that guy saw as "the left pushing pedophilia." I understand the speaker is saying, "You can't treat patients if you don't know who they are," but it's such a thorny issue that she really needed to be more careful with some of her script. The meaning a psychologist may give to "pedophilia is a minority sexual orientation," isn't the same as how the general public will hear it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNr3yhjQPI8

I think one of the other sources that tipped that guy over the edge was Queer Kids Stuff, which I also find appalling. I don't know for sure what the target age demographic is but one of the main characters is a teddy bear so I'm guessing it's pitched at the under-4s.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCecsVoeJcsXbAra7Sl4mOPw/videos

How many 2-3 year-olds care what an Asexual is? Or need to know about Intersectionality?

WTF is this 'Ze' prefix? (Or whatever it is?) I literally just laughed my t1ts off about this until I realised it was meant to be serious.

• Like 1

When you are non-binary you can't be expected to use gender-binary pronouns so you select something more "appropriate" from a list like this on Tumblr.

Edited by Farmduck

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

When you are non-binary you can't be expected to use gender-binary pronouns so you select something more "appropriate" from a list like this on Tumblr.

What will bring down all this nonsense (which I would just dismiss but it has a foothold in things like HMRC) is that people will start claiming that they feel best suited to being called a fish or something - and there's no way that anyone can say they aren't.

Personally I identity as a wheelie bin and reject the norms of non *bin*-ary fascists.

10 hours ago, Johnoco said:

WTF is this 'Ze' prefix? (Or whatever it is?) I literally just laughed my t1ts off about this until I realised it was meant to be serious.

1 hour ago, Farmduck said:

16 minutes ago, Johnoco said:

What will bring down all this nonsense (which I would just dismiss but it has a foothold in things like HMRC) is that people will start claiming that they feel best suited to being called a fish or something - and there's no way that anyone can say they aren't.

Personally I identity as a wheelie bin and reject the norms of non *bin*-ary fascists.

I think this is a bog part of the culture wars. 

For the liberal wing of this thread (if I might use the term), it is not that we find these things sensible, but do not see it as a minor issue.  It is a few people far away struggling with how they relate to society and throwing a few (mainly silly) ideas around.

To others, it is far more of a threat and direct effect upon our lives.

This is not a logical argument, just a matter of perception.  It is actually where I disagree with someone like Peterson, who feels this is hte major argument of the day.  To me, it does not seem impactful at all.  Which is perhaps because he works as a social sciences academic and I do not.

No right and wrong here, just a thought on why we struggle to relate to each other on these issues.

Well James Gunn has been taken out for 'offensive' jokes.  That Cernavich led the charge suggests a certain amount of bad faith outrage going on.

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

I think this is a bog part of the culture wars. 

For the liberal wing of this thread (if I might use the term), it is not that we find these things sensible, but do not see it as a minor issue.  It is a few people far away struggling with how they relate to society and throwing a few (mainly silly) ideas around.

To others, it is far more of a threat and direct effect upon our lives.

This is not a logical argument, just a matter of perception.  It is actually where I disagree with someone like Peterson, who feels this is hte major argument of the day.  To me, it does not seem impactful at all.  Which is perhaps because he works as a social sciences academic and I do not.

No right and wrong here, just a thought on why we struggle to relate to each other on these issues.

There are NOT 100+ ways to define your gender, there's 2.

It's not something that makes me angry, it's just ridiculous and laughable. But mark my words, people will start taking the pee and declaring themselves all sorts and it will become an unmanageable situation.

The Wheelie Bin movement is on the up.