Sign in to follow this  
Futtocks

Anthony Gelling's new Blog

The Man of the People has started a blog. In his first post, he outlines the reasons for leaving Wigan, his hopes for the future and a few thoughts about Rugby League in general. Worth a read.

https://anthonygelling.wixsite.com/mysite

• Like 5

He must read this forum.ūüėÄūüėÄ

"everyone's either a ###### or a fat ####." 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Going to the dark side? Say it ain’t so 

I can't see Gelling playing a game where players try to charge down conversions... ;) 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, latchford albion said:

Possibly.  There is also a tale in Lee Briers's autobiography about smearing s hit in his roommates ear as he slept.  Lads eh!

Form is temporary, lack of class is permanent.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Form is temporary, lack of class is permanent.

So that's all he gets remembered for, for the rest of his life?

Shame on you.

• Haha 1

There have been very few players of the modern era I've actually liked because there bloody boring robots both on and off the field but Anthony Gelling breaks that mould, He's a top bloke who I really hope stays involved in the game. He'd be a good addition to the Matty Johns show I recon.

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Anything about defacating in hotel corridors?

5 hours ago, latchford albion said:

Wasn't that Nate Myles?

5 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Did they have to evacuate?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gelling has been an enigma at Wigan, "what's he going to do next" was often heard.  Entertaining on and off the field. 

Go for it Gels, whatever it is,  iI am sure a guy with so much talent and passion will never be short of someone to employ him.

Top Bloke.

3 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

There have been very few players of the modern era I've actually liked because there bloody boring robots both on and off the field but Anthony Gelling breaks that mould, He's a top bloke who I really hope stays involved in the game. He'd be a good addition to the Matty Johns show I recon.

I'm a fan of Gelling's despite him playing for Wigan; it seems that you don't mind that he's an ex Rooster.  He must be doing something right.

5 hours ago, latchford albion said:

it seems that you don't mind that he's an ex Rooster.  He must be doing something right.

Yep I feel a bit dirty to be honest :lol:, RL is this day and age is really lacking characters I mean these "athletes" are mind numbing but Gelling is a real throw back to the good old days in my opinion.

I was at the Wigan V Broncos game when he attempted to charge down that kick for goal - It still makes me laugh thinking about it.

1 hour ago, Mattrhino said:

Gellings game was made for SL. No way he gets a NRL gig.

He'd walk straight into this Souths side with Greg Inglis, Alex Johnson, Dane Gagai  the only decent backs in the squad other than very young guys who in reality are a couple of years away.

yep he will be missed, but after a couple of years in the wilderness he will be welcomed back as is our wont.;)

10 hours ago, my missus said:

yep he will be missed, but after a couple of years in the wilderness he will be welcomed back as is our wont.;)

He just needs to put on 10kgs, lose a few notches of the bleep test and increase his BMI by a few percent. Oh and acquire a chronic knee complaint.

• Haha 2

Well done Mr G, very happy for him, although let‚Äôs see if the Vodaphone Warriors are still crowing about his ‚Äúspecial skills‚ÄĚ by the end of the season as they can be deployed in a number of unexpected ways.¬†