NRL New Look Website

The homepage loads a fair bit quicker than the old one, on my old laptop at least. So that's an immediate thumbs up for a start.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

The layout is fine. The font size on the left column could do with being a size or two larger without stretching the column downwards - just use up some of the excess vertical space. The shade of green chosen for the left hand column will tend to clash with photos featured showing grass. See the example photo.

Is this one of these mobile phone friendly layout or whatever they call it? Seems fairly bland. Mind you, the old-look wasn't too flash either. I'll check it out to see if the contents has improved.

Edit: Just had a look and got a "Page Not Found Error 404" for my trouble. ;) Must be the Sydney heatwave.

Edit2: I merely needed to update my bookmark... I feared the worst for a moment. :ph34r:

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

A wise Frenchman once wrote: "Boredom was once born of uniformity".

Something to ponder... and that the NRL isn't apparently aware of. Unless they bought the "branding" & "visual identity" ######.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

4 hours ago, Vichyssoise said:

A wise Frenchman once wrote: "Boredom was once born of uniformity".

Something to ponder... and that the NRL isn't apparently aware of. Unless they bought the "branding" & "visual identity" ######.

Sounds wise. What else did he have to say for himself Vichy?

I don't necessarily agree with the strategy to have all club and NRL sites using the same template. One big advantage however is that the NRL can have some sort of reassurance that a minimum standard of digital presence is afforded by all clubs. Having witnessed first hand the experience and skills of "Digital Teams" at many a club in Aus and UK, the NRL are more reassured than concerned by the uniformity.

You make a very good point. We know how amateurish off-field the game can be at times.

* Subject to change

Archived