Sign in to follow this  
WTRLFC WEBSITE

CUMBRIA ARL FIXTURE.

Recommended Posts

Looking forward to the match , just one question , will both sides of the ground be open ? it`s really not the same for us popular side devotees watching from the stand .Last year i was just going to walk around the ground but was stopped by a steward .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ivans82 said:

Looking forward to the match , just one question , will both sides of the ground be open ? it`s really not the same for us popular side devotees watching from the stand .Last year i was just going to walk around the ground but was stopped by a steward .

me too,

watching games from grandstand side is just not the same for some reason, old habits die hard I guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it be cost effective to open both sides, stock 2 bars, pay 2 sets of bar staff?

if it would I’d rather it were open. If not then I hope the club can identify ways of streamlining the business and improve the squad with the savings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, GeordieTownie said:

Would it be cost effective to open both sides, stock 2 bars, pay 2 sets of bar staff?

if it would I’d rather it were open. If not then I hope the club can identify ways of streamlining the business and improve the squad with the savings.

With that argument the popular side would never be open apart from the Haven games!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I am a popular side regular is there any chance of finding out  before hand if the pop side will be open for this one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, town4me said:

Yes I am a popular side regular is there any chance of finding out  before hand if the pop side will be open for this one?

Would you not go if it was closed ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best solution is to open the the popular side for those who want to stand there but inform them the bar will not be open as it would not be feasible , anyone who spits the dummy out cant be too interested in the game itself .

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the most used part of Derwent park the popular side or grandstand side the popular side is always busy when haven go there 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

best solution is to open the the popular side for those who want to stand there but inform them the bar will not be open as it would not be feasible , anyone who spits the dummy out cant be too interested in the game itself .

guess its more about having to have extra Stewards etc.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

best solution is to open the the popular side for those who want to stand there but inform them the bar will not be open as it would not be feasible , anyone who spits the dummy out cant be too interested in the game itself .

Some people might sacrifice a pint to stand there but if they didn’t have the option to go there they’d still buy a pint and go in the enclosure so there’d be lost revenue further if it were left open.

Edited by GeordieTownie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Onreport said:

guess its more about having to have extra Stewards etc.

If its about stewarding they could stick an extra pound on the entrance fee for the pop side. I am sure they would get enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Onreport said:

guess its more about having to have extra Stewards etc.

I'm not sure but aren't steward numbers down to the size of the crowd , regardless of where they stand or sit ? for example  if its say , 1 steward per 100 people then you will need 10 stewards if 1.000 turn up to a game where ever they watch it from ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, town4me said:

If its about stewarding they could stick an extra pound on the entrance fee for the pop side. I am sure they would get enough.

That’s a great idea. That gives people the opportunity to go in their preferred place and if they choose not to the answer would be to close it.

Food for thought I’m sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2018 at 9:14 AM, donald said:

What is the most used part of Derwent park the popular side or grandstand side the popular side is always busy when haven go there 

Only busy because most people in there only go when we are playing haven, I usually have 6 or 7 with me who only go to that game. Probably same at the rec when we visit. Sad really but at least they are handing over £15 once a season or twice if we play you in the cup. I watched from the enclosure for years and it was always a good atmosphere, I only moved to the popular side when my lad started going and he couldn't see very well from there. I've stood in the enclosure a few times over the past few years for pre season games when the popular side has been shut but prefer to be on my perch at the other side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/01/2018 at 7:42 AM, Ginock1 said:

Would you not go if it was closed ? 

Yeah probably give it a miss if the pop side is closed TBH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That’s such a shame really. The buzz that’s around the club at the moment on and off the pitch and you’ll probably give it a miss for something that’ll be a one off?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

That’s such a shame really. The buzz that’s around the club at the moment on and off the pitch and you’ll probably give it a miss for something that’ll be a one off?

More to do with having to use a days holiday I'd rather use for a league match and really not enjoying the view from the enclosure but can't wait for the season to start because of "the buzz" gary. I take it from your comment then the pop side is going to be closed.

Edited by town4me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fair enough on the holiday. 👍I’ve no idea to be honest. I only do the social media on instruction from the club so I know a few minutes before you guys 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never been keen on the Grandstand in all fairness but it wouldn't stop me going and watching the town. they need the supporters. just my view but if you want the popular side open come down in numbers pack the grandstand so that they have no choice but, get DP rocking again

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



League Express - Every Monday

Rugby League World - Jan 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here