Sign in to follow this  
WTRLFC WEBSITE

CUMBRIA ARL FIXTURE.

To be fair. That' what friendlies are for. Blowing cobwebs off and getting the errors out the game before the season starts. I fully expect our game next week will be littered with errors and dropped balls. Long time out with no heavy contact is bound to produce errors.

Excited to see which amateurs have a real dig to try and earn something.

Hi guys haven had 17 players on in the team but only used 16 last night as 17th man Connor holiday is injured and never played Widnes on the other hand had their first team out for most of the game and had a squad of at least 26 players on the field at some point last night the result was always going to be a loss i just exapected a bit more from us but it was only a pre season game to try things this is what happens to us last year in pre season and the rest was a great season 

9 hours ago, Carlisle1921 said:

Did haven have many missing other than dion and jesse? Looked quite a strong Widnes team but haven 17 looked very weak. 

We had 

Dion 

jessy 

chris Taylor 

howarth 

and I think one more but the name evades me 

Just now, Havenfan13 said:

We had 

Dion 

jessy 

chris Taylor 

howarth 

connor holiday who was in the team but didn’t play 

and I think one more but the name evades me 

Sadly work commitments and players unavailable means we had to do with what we had 

20 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

Sadly work commitments and players unavailable means we had to do with what we had 

Seems odd to play a long distance friendly on a Friday night in those circumstances, especially against a top team where you’re not gonna get anything really out of it ?

Id be worried if I was a haven fan, not for the result but the quality on that squad is pretty poor. I know they had a few missing but it just shows what a few inevitable injuries will reduce them to. On a plus note, there kicking off will be top notch with all the practice 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

Seems odd to play a long distance friendly on a Friday night in those circumstances, especially against a top team where you’re not gonna get anything really out of it ?

Most of their team are from Lanc's  so travel was not an issue to them, the main thing they got out of the game was money on a shared gate.

62 for none? Who was havens opening batsman?    I hear their  ready made wicket keeper had a stinker at the back. 

• Haha 1

As we have seen from previous seasons pre-season friendlies are no guide whatsoever in to how the  year will pan out as we know only to well !

23 hours ago, wonky said:

Id be worried if I was a haven fan, not for the result but the quality on that squad is pretty poor. I know they had a few missing but it just shows what a few inevitable injuries will reduce them to. On a plus note, there kicking off will be top notch with all the practice 

I think this season haven are doing what town did last year save money might be wrong but there is far too many young kids in our team this year and lost a lot of size I would be very surprised if we finish higher than mid table but until the league starts and we see what the lads can do il wait and judge em then Carl obv sees potential and they look up to him as the leader by example he is I think town have a lot of pressure this season to deliver now with the signings made but let’s judge both sides when it all kicks off 

12 hours ago, Cl1998 said:

Who arsed about what haven did tho 

It’s been put on here marra so a few people obv are and are Cumbrians and like to see how local teams are doing like a lot of our fans do with town not everyone are small minded people 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

I think this season haven are doing what town did last year save money might be wrong but there is far too many young kids in our team this year and lost a lot of size I would be very surprised if we finish higher than mid table but until the league starts and we see what the lads can do il wait and judge em then Carl obv sees potential and they look up to him as the leader by example he is I think town have a lot of pressure this season to deliver now with the signings made but let’s judge both sides when it all kicks off 

Some good points marra but i disagree when you say "town have a lot of pressure to deliver with the signings".  I think an improved season and higher finish would be real progress. But tjeres no pressure to do anything fantastic

After speaking to a few town fans recently who reckon town have 3 massive coupes to announce very soon not sure if this is correct or not but if you pull them off I think you will do very well there’s a lot of teams spent big money this year so should be a cracking season with better standard of games all round 

Edited by Havenfan13

43 minutes ago, Havenfan13 said:

After speaking to a few town fans recently who reckon town have 3 massive coupes to announce very soon not sure if this is correct or not but if you pull them off I think you will do very well there’s a lot of teams spent big money this year so should be a cracking season with better standard of games all round 

If (and only if ) any of that is true Havenfan13 then it can only mean a big amount of money has been found and promotion must be the target . Or why else do it ?

No idea but you have a good squad already if you are getting three more quality players then I suspect you will have a strong season can only be good for the area was our turn last season yours this year 

I don’t know marra just some of my mates are town fans and say there’s 3 biggies coming your way soon wish I could give u more but that’s all they told me 

Given the coach -the quality signings and the prospect of additional bodies it doesn't look like treading water is the objective this year. I'm all for a tilt at promotion- ambition is the only thing that will get the punters back through the turnstiles. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seaton Sandy said:

Given the coach -the quality signings and the prospect of additional bodies it doesn't look like treading water is the objective this year. I'm all for a tilt at promotion- ambition is the only thing that will get the punters back through the turnstiles. 

Cant wait for it all to start and ive got a few ex supporters back thinking about going, here's hoping people come back and get back to sundays being rugby day again!

• Like 1