Manchester Rangers promotional video.

2 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

My only reservation is the athletics track. Ive never thought they were suited to the sport and creating the right atmosphere.

The atmosphere at our games and the finals we’ve hosted have been outstanding. You should come up and try as it’s the only way to know for sure! 

18 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

My only reservation is the athletics track. Ive never thought they were suited to the sport and creating the right atmosphere.

Oldham, warrington, rochdale and batley have already used it when fixtures have been re-arranged home grounds have not been available.

Toronto planned to play Wigan there.

Its not a huge stadium so the running track is no different to the distance you find in modern stadiums from the field of play.

Having been i can honestly say the atmosphere is great like a mini wembley (old version).

https://audioboom.com/posts/6323091-why-does-manchester-need-a-rugby-league-team

1 hr 6 minutes already talking about 70k laying the ground work a year.

The problem the club faces is no club is allowed in without self-funding.

So as Bob likes to say on here its now go big or go home.

As my dad always says if you have got haters you know your doing it right.

8 minutes ago, The Daddy said:

How dyou know they don't have that already? 

The RFL's view was that they didn't and that their plan was basically to operate as they are now but using the central funding to sign pro players. Which would probably allow them to exist at a similar level to West Wales and Hemel, an amateur club in all but name going nowhere at the bottom of League 1. And we really don't need any more clubs like that, the dreadful Oxford and All Golds have already been culled and a couple of others are lucky to still be around, unless Manchester can show that they have the resources to be a strong side competing for promotion and moving up the divisions then they won't be considered.

48 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

The RFL's view was that they didn't and that their plan was basically to operate as they are now but using the central funding to sign pro players. Which would probably allow them to exist at a similar level to West Wales and Hemel, an amateur club in all but name going nowhere at the bottom of League 1. And we really don't need any more clubs like that, the dreadful Oxford and All Golds have already been culled and a couple of others are lucky to still be around, unless Manchester can show that they have the resources to be a strong side competing for promotion and moving up the divisions then they won't be considered.

This information comes from where as the RFL never made a statement?

BTW bad news for you Lionel is bringing the All Golds back.

5 hours ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

It looks like Manchester Rangers are pressing ahead with a place in the pro game.

Well done. Wishing you all the best for the future

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Will the Rangers be in League One next year?

I hope so

4 hours ago, Phil Fitton said:

Who knows, we keep banging on the door!

Never give up

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Perhaps with big Nige out the door they'll be a change of stance at Red Hall. 

I would hope so

8 hours ago, Evil Homer said:

Do you have a link or any sources? 

22 hours ago, Phil Fitton said:

The atmosphere at our games and the finals we’ve hosted have been outstanding. You should come up and try as it’s the only way to know for sure! 

If you check out your twitter the leeds players retweeting.

Some interesting international interactions from places including mexico.

That has to be exciting.

11 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Do you have a link or any sources? 

Lol why would there be a link for this stuff? I'm letting you know why they haven't and won't be accepted, you don't have to believe me but that's why. FWIW I hope something can get something going there at some point, a strong pro team in Manchester is long overdue. But as the guy earlier implied, they would need to do what Perez did, find proper backers and a proper business model and operate as a professional entity and a business, not just sticking the existing amateur club in League 1 and hoping for the best. Six or seven years ago they might've got away with that but the RFL have learned from their mistakes.

13 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Lol why would there be a link for this stuff? I'm letting you know why they haven't and won't be accepted, you don't have to believe me but that's why. FWIW I hope something can get something going there at some point, a strong pro team in Manchester is long overdue. But as the guy earlier implied, they would need to do what Perez did, find proper backers and a proper business model and operate as a professional entity and a business, not just sticking the existing amateur club in League 1 and hoping for the best. Six or seven years ago they might've got away with that but the RFL have learned from their mistakes.

Thanks for confirming your identity.

2 hours ago, langpark said:

Do Rangers ever take part in the Challenge Cup?  If not, why not?

Not in a division that qualifies.  As not been in existance long enough.

Were in North West Mens 2 last year.   3rd season last year after starting in division 4.

15k plays of that video with facebook and twitter.

Archived