Sign in to follow this  
The Daddy

Garry Schofield tips London for 10th in the Championship

Recommended Posts

42 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

1. Leigh

2. TWP

3. Fev

4. Fax

5. Toulouse

6. Sheffield

7. Batley

8. Barrow

9. Dewsbury

10. London

11. Rochdale

12. Swinton

He's famous for predicting exactly what wont' happen inst he?

He also said that  none of the Champ teams would make it through the qualifiers into SL didn't he?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Best No6 I have seen in a GB shirt from mid sixties on.

 

David Topliss, John Holmes, John Joyner. Tony Myler, John Woods, Shaun Edwards, Roger Millward, Alan Hardisty, Ellery Hanley.  I could go on.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Wolford6 said:

So full-time professionals will finish below part timers?

 

Ha Ha Ha

 

Oh ...:sad:

Sheffield went full time and finished below part timers so why cant london

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Looks reasonable to me. The mans forgotten more than most on here will ever know - get a grip it's just his opinion.

I think that's the problem he forgot it. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, superten said:

Sheffield went full time and finished below part timers so why cant london

I think thats probably who he is alluding to with the Oh and sad face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Schofield, the Katy Hopkins of Rugby League 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Looks reasonable to me. The mans forgotten more than most on here will ever know - get a grip it's just his opinion.

That's not necessarily a good thing...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2018 at 9:30 AM, The Daddy said:

What annoys me is that almost every year this guy does the same thing. It's like a yearly ritual. 

And every year we read it. Why do publishers print such rubbish if all we do is read the stuff?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Having read Schofield's comments - He makes the same points I have made in earlier threads on here - Danny Ward is an L plate Coach, Bartheu and Ackers are big losses, nobody has come in to replace either of them and I can see a season of struggle. Perhaps not as bad as 10th more lke 6th - Which could be it for the Professional game south of Sheffield. :sad:

I cannot see any cause for optimism this year - sorry.:sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2018 at 8:11 AM, Exiled Wiganer said:

It’s a shame you never got to see tony Myler or JD play. They were true greats. 

You also forget Roger Millward and John Holmes. Schofield had an eye for backing up a great break and finishing it off. Creative as a stand off not in the same class as the 2 I mention. But we all have different opinions.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully Danny Ward will use it to motivate our boys. Squad lighter than last year but the Broncos first 17 will match everyone except Leigh and Toronto. Lewis Bienek if he continues his progress will make a lot of people look up. The London conveyor just keeps producing the goods.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Garry Schofield wants to be the Geoffrey Boycott of Rugby League.

He's got the talking extremely loudly bit down to a tee, as well as being a superb former player, but cannot surmount his parochiality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Garry Schofield wants to be the Geoffrey Boycott of Rugby League.

He's got the talking extremely loudly bit down to a tee, as well as being a superb former player, but cannot surmount his parochiality.

He wasn't being parochial when he (correctly) tipped them to finish second last year. He often dished out praise and regularly talked up Andrew Henderson. Maybe there's no agenda and he just thinks they'll struggle this season. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/01/2018 at 8:34 AM, Harry Stottle said:

 I assume you mean Jonathan Davies, 13 GB games, 4 at FB, 4 at centre, 3 wing, 1 sub and 1 at 6 in 72 - 0 v France 1973. 

:wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The more opinionated columnists and pundits the better for me , like schoey and boycott . At least they put their neck on the block , say it straight and engender debate... sport now is full of anodyne , boring commentators and pundits who hardly criticise or daren’t be controversial , just sail along sometimes being very daring and saying ‘ he’ll be disappointed with that ‘ ... or ‘ he’s not had the best game ‘ but ‘ he’s a great player ‘

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Richard de la Riviere said:

He wasn't being parochial when he (correctly) tipped them to finish second last year. He often dished out praise and regularly talked up Andrew Henderson. Maybe there's no agenda and he just thinks they'll struggle this season. 

aaah no need to be fair and objective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DavidM said:

The more opinionated columnists and pundits the better for me , like schoey and boycott . At least they put their neck on the block , say it straight and engender debate... sport now is full of anodyne , boring commentators and pundits who hardly criticise or daren’t be controversial , just sail along sometimes being very daring and saying ‘ he’ll be disappointed with that ‘ ... or ‘ he’s not had the best game ‘ but ‘ he’s a great player ‘

According to Terry O' Connor there are no poor, average or even decent players in SL. The vast majority are excellent, but if you have genuine ability then that makes you exceptional. If you can manage to put your boots on the right feet  but struggle to catch, pass or tackle, you are merely great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, MZH said:

According to Terry O' Connor there are no poor, average or even decent players in SL. The vast majority are excellent, but if you have genuine ability then that makes you exceptional. If you can manage to put your boots on the right feet  but struggle to catch, pass or tackle, you are merely great.

Yes indeed , very irritating . ‘ he’s a great player ‘ hopefully gets less outings this year ... or even better him n his mate all together 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.