Thought Tom especially looked good today. Excellent news on all three

22 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Thought Tom especially looked good today. Excellent news on all three

Agreed, he looked slightly trimmer to me - looks in great shape, physically. 

4 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

8 boxes in back of new stand

New Stand.. bloody hell I must av been staring at the fancy graphics on the scoreboard to notice we'd knocked up a new stand since last season BB

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

New Stand.. bloody hell I must av been staring at the fancy graphics on the scoreboard to notice we'd knocked up a new stand since last season BB

Our newest stand piggy

The graphics looked impressive, just got to get the scorers name lit up now, that will be work in progress.

This week thanks to help from Kerr family starting major work on construction of 8 hospitality boxes in  back of K2 Stand one of which will also be an office/ meeting room for our charity away from matchdays. We are delighted with this facility and are now looking for up to 7 people/groups/ companies to sponsor use of a box for the full season. R& M Motors are the first company to do so . A big thank you to them as we welcome them to our major sponsorship family. Contact the Club for details. This is a big investment for us to try to further improve our income streams long term.

• Like 3

And to think a few wakey fans had the audacity to call our ground yesterday. I would of thought the club's fans with the worst stadium in super league and many championship set ups would of been quite humble. Although the main antagonist wore shorts fuelled by cider and claimed ref gifted us game in 2nd half! :scare:

23 hours ago, 9' oller said:

And to think a few wakey fans had the audacity to call our ground yesterday. I would of thought the club's fans with the worst stadium in super league and many championship set ups would of been quite humble. Although the main antagonist wore shorts fuelled by cider and claimed ref gifted us game in 2nd half! :scare:

Well they are idiots or wind up merchants, not a bad little ground  at all. Not a SL standard ground but as you say neither is ours - I can only apologise for such idiocy - unless they meant the sloping pitch then they do have a point

• Like 1

He did go on to rip into pitch, I said what the gradient or turf? Both he said!

I said the marvellous thing is you get a go up and then opportunity to turnaround so no advantage really!!!

Oh and Rowe is a fat lazy #####, after he just bust through another tackle and took 4 with him 5 yards!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

...unless they meant the sloping pitch then they do have a point

It’s been played on for 120 years. It’s a thing of beauty. 

• Like 5

On 15/01/2018 at 6:16 PM, 9' oller said:

Worst ground in super duper league, they've got the worst ground in whole of rugby league,end of.

11 hours ago, 9' oller said:

He did go on to rip into pitch, I said what the gradient or turf? Both he said!

I said the marvellous thing is you get a go up and then opportunity to turnaround so no advantage really!!!

Oh and Rowe is a fat lazy #####, after he just bust through another tackle and took 4 with him 5 yards!

Were their any 19 year old's among them or were they all 17?😁

5 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Were their any 19 year old's among them or were they all 17?😁

Bloke of about 50 and son of 30. Itching for a reaction. The laughable thing was the main crux of his argument was his club is far superior to mine. I wasn' contesting that namely stadium is ours and were self sufficient and don' suffer visions of grandeur!!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Worst ground in super duper league, they've got the worst ground in whole of rugby league,end of.

sheffields got the worst ground oh I forgot they don't have a ground silly me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 17/01/2018 at 6:36 AM, graham fisher said:

See your just sounding silly and bitter now, take the compliment and move on. You have a nice tidy little ground lets not get carried away.

Edited by Kirmonds pouch

23 hours ago, 9' oller said:

Bloke of about 50 and son of 30. Itching for a reaction. The laughable thing was the main crux of his argument was his club is far superior to mine. I wasn' contesting that namely stadium is ours and were self sufficient and don' suffer visions of grandeur!!

Ah well you see there is the difference. Like it or not Wakefield are a grand old club who have fallen on harder times in recent years mostly due to a poor stadium as it happens. However it's our 'visions of grandeur' that have kept us in the top flight for the last 20 years. True we haven't won two titles and  three CCups like the great team of the 60's but we have hung in there because we believe in those 'visions of grandeur'.

You as a club have never had those, certainly not in the modern age and you probably, no I'll be honest you definiltely never will. Patronising, no just the truth. Not a bad thing but it is what makes us different.

We on the other hand might rise again. We'll need some luck, a bit of help and reatain the Chairman we have and we might and it's a big might get back in the top top flight.

So forgive us our sometimes over vocal aspirations but we as a club still have a little pomp about us.

Oh and on a sunny evening rather pervesely BV is actually a great place to watch RL with a great atmoshere, this time of year however Chernobyl seems preferable.

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

See your just sounding silly and bitter now, take the compliment and move on. You have a nice tidy little ground lets not get carried away.

Graham is a supporter of the Rams and in that respect has every right to be silly and bitter.

Please don't pick on the less fortunate members of our society. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

Ah well you see there is the difference. Like it or not Wakefield are a grand old club who have fallen on harder times in recent years mostly due to a poor stadium as it happens. However it's our 'visions of grandeur' that have kept us in the top flight for the last 20 years. True we haven't won two titles and  three CCups like the great team of the 60's but we have hung in there because we believe in those 'visions of grandeur'.

You as a club have never had those, certainly not in the modern age and you probably, no I'll be honest you definiltely never will. Patronising, no just the truth. Not a bad thing but it is what makes us different.

We on the other hand might rise again. We'll need some luck, a bit of help and reatain the Chairman we have and we might and it's a big might get back in the top top flight.

So forgive us our sometimes over vocal aspirations but we as a club still have a little pomp about us.

Oh and on a sunny evening rather pervesely BV is actually a great place to watch RL with a great atmoshere, this time of year however Chernobyl seems preferable.

Visions/delusions of grandeur and rules set out by the rfl concerning grounds and facilities which applied to all member clubs except Wakefield and Sheffield it seems.

Maybe if we hadn't played by the rules by investing in the ground for all those years and instead blown our money on players, we would be where Wakefield are now and have those visions of grandeur?

It was an absolute joke that you passed the first SL licensing process, never mind those following it. Then despite several warnings to relegate you from the top flight unless the ground was sorted out, and umpteen empty promises that it will get sorted later, you are still allowed to play in SL despite no improvements.

Please can you explain how you got away with it? 

Recent success you say, 1960s, crikey if we're going back that far, we might as well include our 3 challenge cup wins, it's as relevant.

It is because of instances such as keeping you in SL, that the RFL is seen as a laughing stock and this game is a minority, parochial sport and not the national treasure that it should be.

Edited by DOGFATHER
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Kirmonds pouch said:

The main difference between the two clubs is the size of the City of Wakefield and the town of Batley and has nothing to do with aspirations (vocal or otherwise).  And you are right, Trinity may well be a major force in RL again and most old supporters would welcome that.  However, and somewhat tongue in cheek, I must tell you that Batley have only won one Championship less than the mighty Trinity and two Challenge Cup victories less than the "grand old club".

As to Mount Pleasant, it is a ground of similar age to Belle Vue, it just doesn't look it!  Mount Pleasant's slope does surprise those with poor knowledge of Rugby League but it adds character to our historic club and welcome diversity to the game.  

Finally, before this gets too silly, I must confirm that your Dad probably was bigger than my Dad.

Edited by Bi11