Sign in to follow this  
gogledd

Ex - CEO charged with fraud

Former CEO of North Wales Crusaders charged with fraud

No further comments from me  until the case is completed. Let justice take its course.

http://www.leaderlive.co.uk/home/2018/01/10/gallery/former-crusaders-chief-accused-of-fraud-103602/?ut=20180110144135699

I agree, leave the case in court where I belongs.

But changing the subject slightly, I have to say I am so disappointed with attitude of the Daily Post towards our club. They ran the story today, and even have video footage of the accused arriving at the magistrates court. What is disappointing is that this is the first time they have mentioned us on their website since John Cookson's heart attack last April. If only they could show a fraction of this interest during the season.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/ex-crusaders-rugby-league-team-14135158

• Like 2

19 hours ago, fearnowt said:

I agree, leave the case in court where I belongs.

But changing the subject slightly, I have to say I am so disappointed with attitude of the Daily Post towards our club. They ran the story today, and even have video footage of the accused arriving at the magistrates court. What is disappointing is that this is the first time they have mentioned us on their website since John Cookson's heart attack last April. If only they could show a fraction of this interest during the season.

http://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/ex-crusaders-rugby-league-team-14135158

Absolutely. They cover the troubles the club have been in - from losing the Super League Franchie to players wages being cut but barely mention winning games, reaching the iPRO cup final etc.

I have no idea why the media don't think that people are interested in positive news.

15 hours ago, gogledd said:

Absolutely. They cover the troubles the club have been in - from losing the Super League Franchie to players wages being cut but barely mention winning games, reaching the iPRO cup final etc.

I have no idea why the media don't think that people are interested in positive news.

Unfortunately the DP and Wales Online are in the WRU's pocket, hence the lack of RL coverage.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, welshwire13 said:

Unfortunately the DP and Wales Online are in the WRU's pocket, hence the lack of RL coverage.

Seems that BBC Wales cover rugby league reluctantly too. We have has some success with S4C and one of our supporters has set up his own local radio show (which also airs online) to cover rugby league.