Sign in to follow this  
westizbest

Hock

Been told that the club are still trying to get sponsors to finance the signing, 

16 minutes ago, BIG MAC said:

Been told that the club are still trying to get sponsors to finance the signing, 

Ok should they not make this known to a wider audience ?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GMcKeating said:

Hi West. I can pass a message on if you want? What would you like them to do? 

Well if it is true that they are trying to raise money to sign him then why not do an article in the paper ? You don’t have to name him.. you never know who might come forward offering money ... 

41 minutes ago, westizbest said:

Well if it is true that they are trying to raise money to sign him then why not do an article in the paper ? You don’t have to name him.. you never know who might come forward offering money ... 

I’d hazard a guess people would want to know who it is if they’re paying for him.

"were wanting to sign a reet good player, give us some of your money"

"Who`s the player I`m giving you a load of money for"

"were not telling you"

Yeah, that would go well.

Things will have to move quick if its true as its only a month or so away until the season kicks off and I cant see a player like Hock waiting in the wings until the final hour for a backer to play in league 1 , he will surely want to sign for someone very soon and there must be several clubs in the league above who have a bit of spare cash or big pocketed Director who will snap him up for a season .

12 hours ago, westizbest said:

Ok should they not make this known to a wider audience ?

This wasn't from a club official,  

2 hours ago, dkw said:

"were wanting to sign a reet good player, give us some of your money"

"Who`s the player I`m giving you a load of money for"

"were not telling you"

Yeah, that would go well.

NO ya divvy but they could make it known they are in the market for someone they don’t have to put his name in the paper but they obvs could name them to whoever came forward ...

i guess they would be looking at what 30-40k ? 

• Haha 1

personally Ive never liked the man , brings too much negatives to the sports image with his reputation over being a bully boy thug 

• Like 1

I never liked him but he’s exactly what we need, and he’s certainly calmed himself down lately. Gareth hock in league 1 would be by a mile the best forward down there 

• Haha 1

I’m sure a large part of the BOD’s time is trying to get sponsors and increase revenues and keeping links with businesses and the local community etc . And people who are interested and have the means and desire to come on board will feel inclined to do so ... clubs including ours  will be getting the messages out all the time about getting money in , especially for good players .A bit in the paper saying give us some money isn’t gonna look the best tbh 

Edited by DavidM

Just with his name on the team sheet should bring extra punters through the turnstiles. 

41 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

personally Ive never liked the man , brings too much negatives to the sports image with his reputation over being a bully boy thug 

Ive no idea what’s going on and I’d give anyone we got a chance but I would wonder why he hasn’t been picked up yet?

we are certainly working hard ,what we need is more support as was said by GMcKeating embrace the buzz and ride the wave . we need supporters to back us our loyal supporters have been fantastic the banter is great and if we can keep the positivity going who knows where we can go ! A lot of hard work is ongoing by the BOD and thank you to GMcKeating for his informative media coverage I'm sure Gary will have info in good time.  

Hype or truth in Hock there is a buzz about the place not seen for a long time. the board well and truly pulled a rabbit out the hat with Pryce and if he's anywhere near the coach he was player they'll go far. The BOD are doing a great job, until i was at the forum i didn't realise the effort that went into the planning etc. So if its for 2 games in a season would it not look better having the Grandstand packed out and  having the buzz replicate from players, directors to the fans than all the hate of not opening the popular side? i am not a fan of the grandstand never have been but it has never stopped me going to a friendly. You've got Ex Super League players left, right and centre, promising young new talent and old favourites of the clubs back this year? what's not to like?

UTT  

• Like 1

On 11/01/2018 at 8:58 PM, westizbest said:

Are we still trying to sign him ? Or is this just the rumour mill in overdrive ?

Hope it's another sellafield rumour.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wonky said:

I never liked him but he’s exactly what we need, and he’s certainly calmed himself down lately. Gareth hock in league 1 would be by a mile the best forward down there 

he would be a good forward in league 1 but not the best by a mile , in fact if I had the choice between hock and Carl Forster I'd have Carl any day of the week .

• Like 1

10 hours ago, wonky said:

He's not even in top 5 forwards in league one, his best days are long gone, it's a lot of money to pay someone who would be sat in the stand for half the season.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

he would be a good forward in league 1 but not the best by a mile , in fact if I had the choice between hock and Carl Forster I'd have Carl any day of the week .

Yeah - but you're a closet jam fan!

36 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

He's not even in top 5 forwards in league one, his best days are long gone, it's a lot of money to pay someone who would be sat in the stand for half the season.

Name the five better.... 

ive doubts we will get him but Hock is class and would cause damage in league one and the championship 

13 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Name the five better.... 

ive doubts we will get him but Hock is class and would cause damage in league one and the championship 

Was class.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gillmeister said:

Name the five better.... 

I recall when we pushed the boat out and signed Jim Mills. He came with a reputation that makes Gareth look like a pussy cat and he didn't disappoint ! He put a few hundred on the gate at least as the classic pantomime villain (Oh yes he did!) but he could play a bit as well!

Looking at how Forster carried haven at times last season i would have to agree that he is the better forward at this time in their careers. If it wasnt for his injuries Carl would surely still be playing in Superleague and be easily holding his own.

I would be shocked if Town have even spoke to hock and dont think his wage demands would be anywhere near our new business model but would be happily proved wrong to see him in a town shirt come the start of the season

• Like 1