Hock

westizbest

58 minutes ago, GMcKeating said:

Dawson . Wilkes?

dont know too much about Dawson but he is said to be big and decent , Wilkes is big and good but a bit aged compared to the forwards donny and york have signed from the 2 Hull teams  , do they both play big minutes all season ? hopefully yes , realistically no .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

so was Joseph .

So was Joseph what??  Just what spurious comparison are you trying to make? Wilkes is the consummate professional who would still be at Barrow had they not made him a derisory financial offer for this season. Ollie has a point to prove and he'll be doing it in a Town shirt. 

30 minutes ago, snoopdog said:

Your opinion and comparison on Hock and Forster really shows that you haven't a clue what your talking about.

Stick him on ignore, makes this forum a much better read. All he posts is negativity and makes out all our players are comparatively worse than most other teams, especially the jameaters, strangely.

8 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

so was Joseph .

It seems to me that you trying to have a go reference us needing some size and overlooked that we had signed Wilkes & Dawson that you are now diverting attention & going back to the signing of Joseph to get a dig in. 

If basing this on fact then Wilkes played 27 games last year. Dawson 17

Scholey played 17. Curwen 17. 

So the ageing Wilkes wheeled his Zimmer out more than 3 lads alot younger.

Wilkes is the kind of player who’s been there and done it that every side looking to progress needs . Wise head , leads by example and knows what it takes at this level . Age means a lot less nowadays in rugby , stay fit and he’ll be a pack leader for us . We’ve certainly got more options than last year in the middle , where we were lacking depth and impact , so should have better rotation meaning guys should be spelled better anyway 

1 hour ago, donald said:

For once I'm wrong confirmed he's signed for fev all about the coin i suppose

And it’s a lot nearer , and they’re really pushing the boat out , and are assembling a top squad to challenge the top of the championship ... and we never knew if there was much in it anyway !

wow talk about an over reaction , i simply meant joseph was the biggest and best prop and hope for last season but unfortunately in his first home game and league 1 opener he got an injury scoring a try and is why the forwards were then left light for weeks . 

I also stand by my comments of Forster being a far better acquisition in this league than Hock , Carl has youth and determination in bucket loads , is every bit as strong , keeps his cool and would be a fraction of the cost . It was never going to be Hock in any case but I still say it was the better and more sensible comparison for this league .

The question we need to ask is this .The Club are in the midst of a long term rebuilding plan , they have said they would like to be Creditor free by the end of the year . Therefore we are not really looking for promotion yet. Signing Hock would be pointless , he is the type of player that would rip this league up , but unless you are looking to go up i wouldn`t push the boat out yet .   

14 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

I also stand by my comments of Forster being a far better acquisition in this league than Hock , Carl has youth and determination in bucket loads , is every bit as strong , keeps his cool and would be a fraction of the cost . It was never going to be Hock in any case but I still say it was the better and more sensible comparison for this league .

Tough to make a like for like comparison because Hock has never played in this league . He may have caused the same or more problems for teams at this level , having plied his whole career way above this standard . I guess we won't know now , but he's achieved more than Forster so it's tough to say he wouldn't have been as much a talisman 

18 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Your certainly bigging ""carl"" up. Plenty of  The supporters up the road are saying our coach is a big risk.

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

Tough to make a like for like comparison because Hock has never played in this league . He may have caused the same or more problems for teams at this level , having plied his whole career way above this standard . I guess we won't know now , but he's achieved more than Forster so it's tough to say he wouldn't have been as much a talisman 

Biggest  point of my opinion ? COST EFFECTIVE , you would probably get slightly more out of someone ,,if he isn't sin binned or banned for  half a dozen games , for 4 times the cost .

3 minutes ago, town4me said:

Your certainly bigging ""carl"" up. Plenty of  The supporters up the road are saying our coach is a big risk.

I was using him as a comparison as he was probably one of if not the best forwards in league 1 last season . Him being a haven player dosent blinker my vision or stifle my opinion of that .

1 minute ago, wonderofwood said:

Carl Forster or Gareth Hock !!  Are you seriously making comparisons Mouse ? There is a reason Forster is managing a 3rd tier mid table side at 25 and not playing. Whereas Hock is still sought after and earning decent money late into thirties and with more baggage than a Boeing 747

Cost .

3 minutes ago, wonderofwood said:

Carl Forster or Gareth Hock !!  Are you seriously making comparisons Mouse ? There is a reason Forster is managing a 3rd tier mid table side at 25 and not playing. Whereas Hock is still sought after and earning decent money late into thirties and with more baggage than a Boeing 747

Forster would be snapped up by several Championship clubs after his last seasons performances in my opinion and is at Haven because it is where he wants to be ,he had the guts to take the mantle at such an early age and obviously has ambitions of a long and successful coaching career and playing is a big bonus for him too .

Archived