Sign in to follow this  
Bomb Jack

The Albert Brothers

cracking Widnes name is Albert (the pub, the amateur team etc)....saw someone on twitter suggested we're to be known as the Chemuls this year, lol

• Like 7

The front row won't be talking too many backwards steps this year.It is a very sensible signing in many ways in the light of recent events.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colly said:

The front row won't be talking too many backwards steps this year.It is a very sensible signing in many ways in the light of recent events.

Yes I thought that myself. Wellington was due to come over and share a house with Ottio wasnt he? What happened must be especially tough for him in those circumstances. Having his brother there they can help each other through it.

• Like 2

Having sets of brothers in the team is a real Widnes tradition too, of course. That's some change in lifestyle going from Mendi in the Southern Highlands of PNG, to western suburbs of Sydney to Widnes. Hope Denis has bought them some warm coats.

1 hour ago, Bomb Jack said:

Widnes have signed Prop Stanton Albert, Brother of new signing Wellington.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article/53712/vikings-sign-stanton-albert

Carl Hall at Donny won't be impressed. he was chasing both brothers and was told, by Wellington, that Stanton would be staying in PNG to complete his studies IIRC.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Carl Hall at Donny won't be impressed. he was chasing both brothers and was told, by Wellington, that Stanton would be staying in PNG to complete his studies IIRC.

was Stanton not in a position to relay that info himself, to mr hall? Also, what would Stanton 's studies have to with wellingtons decision to join donny?

Edited by chuffer

1 hour ago, chuffer said:

was Stanton not in a position to relay that info himself, to mr hall? Also, what would Stanton 's studies have to with wellingtons decision to join donny?

Learn to read chuffer. Where did I say that Stanton’s studies would have anything to do with Wellington joining Donny? You’d best ask Stanton why he couldn’t tell Carl Hall about staying in PNG.  

ive no problems reading deluded one, perhaps I was overly generous with my estimation of your intellect in joining up the dots but hey ho.....anyhoo, that's the trouble with "he said, she said, my mate down the pub said", its a load of yarbles ultimately

57 minutes ago, chuffer said:

ive no problems reading deluded one, perhaps I was overly generous with my estimation of your intellect in joining up the dots but hey ho.....anyhoo, that's the trouble with "he said, she said, my mate down the pub said", its a load of yarbles ultimately

Donny do a weekly video presentation with Carl Hall. Hardly “he said she said”. Maybe it’s comprehension you struggle with?

44 minutes ago, UniSamX said:

I'm hoping Widnes can pick up Lucas from Catalans, then it'll be a real family affair

Maybe get Darren on the coaching staff too.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Maybe get Darren on the coaching staff too.

Uncle could regale the prawn sandwich brigade about his exploits “during the woar”.