Sorry again mixed names up. Not well at the moment as you can probably tell. Unfortunately missing game tomorrow much to my regret.

9 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Sorry again mixed names up. Not well at the moment as you can probably tell. Unfortunately missing game tomorrow much to my regret.

Get well soon .Halifax at home,first League game of the season is the first proper game .”Friendlies for show ,League games for dough”.

I miss the days when you would get home from work to see in the local newspaper who you had signed. Not much excitement these days when everybody knows before the club has announced it.

4 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Lots of rumours about Williamson and Glassell. Can anybody put us in the picture?

😂😂😂😂

3 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Has he actually signed? Have we also signed a player named Glassell?

Colin this is one big **** take by the person himself 

• Haha 2

Thanks Mo. Not quite myself. A bit muddled with this bug I have. Haven't been out for a week and still coughing phlegm. I am sorry for this silly mistake. Just told the fake news by someone who was obviously taking the ?????. Have a good game tomorrow. Colin

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

I miss the days when you would get home from work to see in the local newspaper who you had signed. Not much excitement these days when everybody knows before the club has announced it.

That's rich coming from the source of all rugby league speculation - both factual or fake (usually the latter)

2 hours ago, jamescolin said:

Thanks Mo. Not quite myself. A bit muddled with this bug I have. Haven't been out for a week and still coughing phlegm. I am sorry for this silly mistake. Just told the fake news by someone who was obviously taking the ?????. Have a good game tomorrow. Colin

You don’t have to be sorry Colin, just take care, I’ve had the dreaded bug too and had to have time off work 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 7:01 PM, sweaty craiq said:

Has been superb at Leigh, but misses lots through injury - no off field issues at all, only good comments. Bet he wishes he had grown up a decade ago, massive talent who if we had him and acton in the 8's we would still be in SL

God I really wanted you to stay up.

FEATHERSTONE Rovers have beaten off stiff competition to complete the signing of former England international Gareth Hock.

Hock, who has made over 250 domestic appearances since turning professional in 2003, has put pen to paper on a one-year deal with the club.

The former Wigan, Widnes and Salford forward arrives following a three-season spell with Leigh Centurions.

Hock is seeking further success having helped the Centurions to promotion in 2016, an achievement he believes Featherstone are capable of emulating. 

He is to be sponsored by one of the Rovers’ newest commercial partners, TASK Utilities, for the 2018 season.

“I am really happy to be joining Featherstone, where I have enjoyed some great battles in the past - with Wigan and Leigh,” said Hock.

“There is a buzz about the place and, having spoken to Martyn Ridyard about how much he is enjoying life here, signing was a no-brainer.

“I have experienced promotion to Super League with Leigh, it was one of the biggest achievements of my career, and would love to do it all over again with Featherstone.

“The club has recruited very well and will certainly challenge the likes of Toronto and Leigh at the top of the table.

“I am looking forward to playing my part in what could be a really special season for Featherstone.”

Head coach John Duffy welcomes Hock as his eighth new addition ahead of the 2018 Betfred Championship.

Duffy believes the Wigan-born front-rower will bring “power and aggression” to the Rovers’ ranks and cannot wait to begin working with his latest recruit.

“Gareth will add a great deal of value to the squad and I am very excited to be bringing someone of his calibre to the club,” said the Featherstone boss.

“His experience is priceless and he will play a big part in what we are looking to achieve this year.

“The club has done a great job in getting the deal over the line. Now we need to get Gareth ready to make his debut, which will hopefully be in the next week or so.”

I remember having a conversation in the Classroom bar in Toulouse on the Friday afternoon,it was about signing  a right nasty *******  for next season and of course Gareth Hock was the natural choice as it’s part of his natural game,the general consensus was a good one.I think he’ll bring much more than that to us and this signing,albeit a much shorter term is a kin to signing Chris Burton back in the day,I’d have loved this forum to have been active for the debate on that one !!

Another part of that conversation was Bez telling us how he pulled his handshake prank on our new signing....be funny if Hock remembers 😉

Welcome Gareth and do us proud in the Rovers shirt

Edited by Mark H
  • Like 2

We have been short of GRIT in the pack since Dickens retired.Hock fits the bill,he plays R.L. from his heart more than his head hence his bad record.I think he will turn out to be one of our better signings and the one year contract leaves it in his own hands to improve his attitude.I would hope if he has a good season we may be able to offer another year.

• Like 1

I would suggest he is a like for like with Moore and now we can have roll-on roll-off snarling ball handling forwards. Therell be no relief for our opposition! Well done to Davide, MC and the team on another fabulous bit of recruitment, it really shows our intent for next season is top 2. Whether or not we make it is largely down to luck with injuries and I still feel the DR arrangement with Leeds is crucial. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, RobLambert said:

That's rich coming from the source of all rugby league speculation - both factual or fake (usually the latter)

I miss the days when I could sit at home in my undies playing computer games all day, it doesn't mean I want to go back to them ;)

Hope the bloke can stay fit and is up for the challenge

Would rather have him playing for us than against us

Looking forward to seeing him run at Jamie Acton in a few weeks and vice versa

Edited by elppaxr2i
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

I miss the days when I could sit at home in my undies playing computer games all day, it doesn't mean I want to go back to them ;)

So you’re a bloke after all.I always imagined you as a beautiful blonde lady about 40 ish,or well ☹️☹️😤

Edited by Blue Pike
  • Like 1

Sack a bloke for playing RU and bring in a bloke with a past as shady as they come.Wow this is filthy what a coincidence....

Edited by Vanderhagen

21 minutes ago, Blue Pike said:

So you’re a bloke after all.I always imagined you as a beautiful blonde lady about 40 ish,or well ☹️☹️😤

I reckon you're in the ball park with the age.    

But the rest.....🤣🤣🤣

52 minutes ago, Vanderhagen said:

Sack a bloke for playing RU and bring in a bloke with a past as shady as they come.Wow this is filthy what a coincidence....

Are you saying there’s a conspiracy?