Toronto

Morleydog

21 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Roger I don't know what you mean by "dumping on Leigh".  Who did what?  I saw the interviews by Brierley and the boss, but both of those were quite respectful.  Was there something elsewhere?

Surprisingly, although TWP looks like they are still ramping up fitness wise, they did pretty well.

Dumping them on there ###### , he meant , beating them convincingly

IMG_0583.JPG

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think he meant beating them comfortably!

Aha, still getting a handle on the terminology you use in the UK.

I was one of the TWP fans who was not convinced they would beat them handily.  I am surprised.  Happy but surprised.

That's fine Captain Survival when people are new to others yes the local language can be confusing no doubt as we will find out when we get over there, in the mean time enjoy yourselves.

There as been many exciting games with Leigh over the years, some have been romps(easy) others have had to be toughed out, the only problem I can see with Leigh's venue is that it is soulless but modern and not hard to find or reach.

Gittins fan, I was at the match v Cas when Geldard was dumped and broke his ankle. We beat Halifax 3-0 away in the cup in 1964, try by Malcolm Shuttleworth, should have been 5 but Peter Bateson missed the kick from about a yard to the right of the sticks! Graham, never did get to find out what you'd heard from the sackings!!! FuiFui is playing clap for Bradford and Bingley.

• 1 month later...

I have just booked my trip to Toronto, going on Thursday 12/7/2018 returning Monday 16/7/2018, staying in downtown Toronto.

See you all there then.

I have booked it through the Not Just Travel company, they are doing the same for Dewsbury, Barrow, Leigh and us and it sounds like there are quite a lot booked.

Yes Manchester 12.20 on the 12th, a very good flight time, I'm staying in a backpacker type of establishment, I don't mind that as I was looking last night on trivago they kept coming up with this is now sold out due to the height of the season.

Fly back at 22.15 on Monday night.

Not to not pick nut isn't Wakey the oldest ground?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

11 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Not to not pick nut isn't Wakey the oldest ground?

Not to not pick nut ? are double negatives allowed on this forum ? :ohmy:

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

On 06/02/2018 at 3:54 PM, phildog said:

Gittins fan, I was at the match v Cas when Geldard was dumped and broke his ankle. We beat Halifax 3-0 away in the cup in 1964, try by Malcolm Shuttleworth, should have been 5 but Peter Bateson missed the kick from about a yard to the right of the sticks! Graham, never did get to find out what you'd heard from the sackings!!! FuiFui is playing clap for Bradford and Bingley.

Dennis Hartley did him!

On ‎22‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 9:10 AM, grumpyoldram said:

Not to not pick nut ? are double negatives allowed on this forum ? :ohmy:

The criminal abuse of the apostrophe.

The inability to differentiate between 'there,' 'their and 'they're'; 'being' and 'been.'

Need I go on?

I think the occasional double negative should be the least of your grammatical worries, GOR.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

43 minutes ago, Sir Jekyll Stocking said:

The criminal abuse of the apostrophe.

The inability to differentiate between 'there,' 'their and 'they're'; 'being' and 'been.'

Need I go on?

I think the occasional double negative should be the least of your grammatical worries, GOR.

Their, there, they're, never mined, we mustn't loose perspective.

(You missed "should of" and "would of".)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived