Sign in to follow this  
Morleydog

Toronto

21 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

Roger I don't know what you mean by "dumping on Leigh".  Who did what?  I saw the interviews by Brierley and the boss, but both of those were quite respectful.  Was there something elsewhere?

Surprisingly, although TWP looks like they are still ramping up fitness wise, they did pretty well.

Dumping them on there ###### , he meant , beating them convincingly

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, distantdog said:

I think he meant beating them comfortably!

Aha, still getting a handle on the terminology you use in the UK.

I was one of the TWP fans who was not convinced they would beat them handily.  I am surprised.  Happy but surprised.

Edited by Captain Survival

we softened them up for you before next weekend GO Batley!

• Like 3

That's fine Captain Survival when people are new to others yes the local language can be confusing no doubt as we will find out when we get over there, in the mean time enjoy yourselves.

There as been many exciting games with Leigh over the years, some have been romps(easy) others have had to be toughed out, the only problem I can see with Leigh's venue is that it is soulless but modern and not hard to find or reach.

Gittins fan, I was at the match v Cas when Geldard was dumped and broke his ankle. We beat Halifax 3-0 away in the cup in 1964, try by Malcolm Shuttleworth, should have been 5 but Peter Bateson missed the kick from about a yard to the right of the sticks! Graham, never did get to find out what you'd heard from the sackings!!! FuiFui is playing clap for Bradford and Bingley.

I was stood on the top terracing near the railings when they carried Geldard round, didn't look nice.

I honestly don't know, maybe the attendee's at the breakfast club would remember.