Which super league players are you looking to make a claim for England squad selection and which youngsters are you excited about seeing and breaking through into 1st team selection??

I’m looking for players like Jamie shaul(fullback), tom Johnstone(wing), Oliver gildart(centre), jake connor(centre) and stevie ward(back row) to really push on and stake a claim for England squad selection.

As for the young exciting emerging talent looking to breakthrough into the 1st team or nail down a regular  starting position I’m looking forward to seeing the likes of Darnell Mcintosh, jack walker, Harvey Livett and Tom Davies kicking on and youngsters like mikolaj oldeski, Danny Richardson, James Batchelor and Brad Walker get more gametime.

Id also like to see Sam Tomkins return to the halves and hope Dom Manfredi can rediscover his 2015-16 form seeing both push for England selection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

Thanks. I’ll maybe change it to England squad selection instead.

Edited by walter sobchak

Be interesting to see if Caine Barnes can break into the wigan first team this season.

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Be interesting to see if Caine Barnes can break into the wigan first team this season.

Is he from seaton but played for watch brow. Second rower??

13 minutes ago, walter sobchak said:

Is he from seaton but played for watch brow. Second rower??

Yeah seaton lad, not sure if he played for the brow though.

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

Yeah seaton lad, not sure if he played for the brow though.

You’re right. He played for Seaton Rangers. 

Good to see a few Cumbrian lads knocking on the door for 1st action in super league.

25 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Ganson at Wigan.

What position?

Darnell McIntosh, Kruise Leeming, Sam Wood, all have already made massive strides for the Giants

Matty English could be the one to watch this time, we have some good, young talent coming through, just a shame the wider RL and general public don't get to see what these guys can do.

1 hour ago, meast said:

Darnell McIntosh, Kruise Leeming, Sam Wood, all have already made massive strides for the Giants

Matty English could be the one to watch this time, we have some good, young talent coming through, just a shame the wider RL and general public don't get to see what these guys can do.

Do you think kruise leeming is anywhere near England selection?? He's been playing 1st team RL for about 3-4 seasons and looks to be improving with every season.

Personally, i think he'd do alright, i don't think he's quite ready yet, he's only really had a full season but then again, most youngsters from other clubs get talked up after 5 games usually.

He's a cracking player though and could be pushing for an international cap in the next couple of years, unless Swaziland suddenly burst onto the scene!

I like Leeming but there are alot of good hookers about. It would be hard to make a case for him being any higher than 6th or 7th in the pecking order just now. 

Going a fair bit further down the pyramid I could nominate 1 or 2 from South Wakes who’ve signed up for West Wales Raiders.

Taine Hendy; a loose forward (17) could be a very handy player if he continues to develop. Good in the contact but also a tidy pair of hands.

Secondly, Archie Snook - currently second row but I can see him becoming a centre. Quick and very mobile. Runs a smart line and defends well. 

Fingers crossed for both among the many other young Welsh lads dotted all over the UK

10 hours ago, welshmagpie said:

Going a fair bit further down the pyramid I could nominate 1 or 2 from South Wakes who’ve signed up for West Wales Raiders.

Taine Hendy; a loose forward (17) could be a very handy player if he continues to develop. Good in the contact but also a tidy pair of hands.

Secondly, Archie Snook - currently second row but I can see him becoming a centre. Quick and very mobile. Runs a smart line and defends well. 

Fingers crossed for both among the many other young Welsh lads dotted all over the UK

Fingers crossed indeed. The more young welsh talent in the professional game the better.

10 hours ago, meast said:

Personally, i think he'd do alright, i don't think he's quite ready yet, he's only really had a full season but then again, most youngsters from other clubs get talked up after 5 games usually.

He's a cracking player though and could be pushing for an international cap in the next couple of years, unless Swaziland suddenly burst onto the scene!

Looking forward to see how he goes this season as he gets more games under his belt. 

On 14/01/2018 at 10:13 AM, walter sobchak said:

You’re right. He played for Seaton Rangers. 

Good to see a few Cumbrian lads knocking on the door for 1st action in super league.

one of the most talented young Cumbrian's is a lad called Tee Ritson , the 21 yr old fullback played for Workington in the championship in 2016 and became the clubs favourite young star , had a short season last season due to injury and has left Town for Newcastle Thunder , deffo one to watch this season and  big future in the game .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

one of the most talented young Cumbrian's is a lad called Tee Ritson , the 21 yr old fullback played for Workington in the championship in 2016 and became the clubs favourite young star , had a short season last season due to injury and has left Town for Newcastle Thunder , deffo one to watch this season and  big future in the game .

Yeah, I don’t think he’ll be spending to long playing in the lower leagues.

10 minutes ago, Emosi Koloto said:

Im keen to see Olly Ashall have an injury free season and get some game time at Widnes.

Widnes have 3-4 good young prospects coming through. Are they still in partnership with the Cumbrian academy??

On 14/01/2018 at 11:50 AM, meast said:

Has your main Academy at Wakefield stopped producing players for you?:tongue: