THE VALUE OF CHAMPIONSHIP AN LEAGUE ONE

newbe

To be fair if £150k is true I don’t think that’s too bad.  

There is already prize money in respect of funding relating to the finishing position in the Championship. 

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

Maybe they’d have stumped more for some tv exposure . Having them in the shadows tv wise must lower the going rate you’d reckon . Just seems such a shame to have everything squewed toward the top of the pyramid with so much going on to sell and promote beneath .

6 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Maybe they’d have stumped more for some tv exposure . Having them in the shadows tv wise must lower the going rate you’d reckon . Just seems such a shame to have everything squewed toward the top of the pyramid with so much going on to sell and promote beneath .

I agree, but there will be 20 odd games on Premier, 6 on Sky plus some coverage in the middle 8s.

1 hour ago, DavidM said:

I'd pay the RFL to stream Championship and L1 games. I think a lot of rugby league people would pay a subscription streaming service for them. Wasn't that what ouRLeague was for?

17 minutes ago, West Leeds Riviera said:

I'd pay the RFL to stream Championship and L1 games. I think a lot of rugby league people would pay a subscription streaming service for them. Wasn't that what ouRLeague was for?

The bulk of Championship and league matches should be broadcast as a highlights package rather than live , giving them exposure without hitting attendances 

12 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

The bulk of Championship and league matches should be broadcast as a highlights package rather than live , giving them exposure without hitting attendances 

A couple of games recorded on Sunday and shown midweek with highlights of the other games mixed in could get me to part with 40 or 50 quid for the year

16 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Would enough to cover the costs of filming, infrastructure and effect on attendances? Would clubs be willing to change when the games were played to allow them to be broadcast?

Could we put together a package attractive enough to enough people?

Im not saying we can't, its certainly something im in favour of investigating but id question whether or not the championships and league 1 have enough of a fanbase to make that pay, especially as it would be something of a ghettoization of the competitions, it would really spread or grow their viewerbase outside of the current fans.

Out of interest,seeing you're a facts and figures person. What was the viewing figures for Championship when Premier held the rights and what where the figures last season for Toronto?

3 minutes ago, jpmc said:

A couple of games recorded on Sunday and shown midweek with highlights of the other games mixed in could get me to part with 40 or 50 quid for the year

Me as well John , something I put forward a few years ago , start with it online with as you say a highlights of 1 game from each league and the trys from the rest , the RFL require footage anyway , the cameras cost a couple of grand each thesedays

Get each club some training for their regular users , you could provide a very good package with an extra mounted camera at the 2 highlighted games , not cost the earth 

28 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Premier Sports figures arent on Barb, so no idea. But probably not a lot.

But probably not a lot,was enough for Sky to buy the rights,right?

36 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Premier Sports figures arent on Barb, so no idea. But probably not a lot.

One thing is for sure...media exposure is critical, especially TV, if you want future growth and increase in value.  Rugby league has fallen behind in this regard and needs to catch up fast, or risk becoming obsolete.

49 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

One thing is for sure...media exposure is critical, especially TV, if you want future growth and increase in value.  Rugby league has fallen behind in this regard and needs to catch up fast, or risk becoming obsolete.

Correct! So in your opinion who has restricted TV exposure in the Championship?

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Sky bought them for the 8s, thats why they don't show them outside of it.

Perhaps some more media savy folks at the RFL should have sold the regular Championship games and the 8s as different packages to SKY. 

8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Would enough to cover the costs of filming, infrastructure and effect on attendances? Would clubs be willing to change when the games were played to allow them to be broadcast?

Could we put together a package attractive enough to enough people?

Im not saying we can't, its certainly something im in favour of investigating but id question whether or not the championships and league 1 have enough of a fanbase to make that pay, especially as it would be something of a ghettoization of the competitions, it would really spread or grow their viewerbase outside of the current fans.

You wouldn't have to change when games are played since it's streamed online. If not just regular league games I definitely think finals should be shown

Archived