Sign in to follow this  
Mumby Magic

Conspiracy Theories

Last Friday I was having a pint and a game of darts with a pub mate I've known for the last 9 years. Suddenly, for the first time, he starts spouting off about conspiracy theories. He believes the earth is flat and there is evidence to prove it.

For my part I've always had my doubts about landing on the moon but that's about it. Do any of you have any beliefs that are - shall I say - away from the "norm"?

What do you doubt about the Moon landings?

And why didn't the Soviet Union blow the whistle at the time?

Or do you believe they were in on it too?

I don't intend any of this to sound harsh and I do believe the US govt has lied and distorted in the past on a range of different topics (as all governments do).

I think they're telling the truth here.

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

19 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

For my part I've always had my doubts about landing on the moon

I would have doubts about landing on the moon myself, it looks a dangerous business!

But I have absolutely no doubt that Neil Armstrong and others have landed on the moon.

• Like 1

All the astronauts, NASA techies, engineers, phsyicists, maths nerds, politicians, VIA, air force, navy etc.... and not one person has blown the gaff?

The people who filmed it in "the studio" ... nothing leaked in 50 years????

Nah

23 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Last Friday I was having a pint and a game of darts with a pub mate I've known for the last 9 years. Suddenly, for the first time, he starts spouting off about conspiracy theories. He believes the earth is flat and there is evidence to prove it.

For my part I've always had my doubts about landing on the moon but that's about it. Do any of you have any beliefs that are - shall I say - away from the "norm"?

Of course there are aliens on the Earth , youve been to Fev havent you ? 

Not a conspiracy theory as such; but I wonder what happened to Lord Lucan?

I'm tipping he topped himself. Some suggest he jumped over the night ferry from.newhaven, but no body ever recovered???

31 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

All the astronauts, NASA techies, engineers, phsyicists, maths nerds, politicians, VIA, air force, navy etc.... and not one person has blown the gaff?

The people who filmed it in "the studio" ... nothing leaked in 50 years????

Nah

Why are we not on there now landing regularly then? :vinsent:

9 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Not a conspiracy theory as such; but I wonder what happened to Lord Lucan?

I'm tipping he topped himself. Some suggest he jumped over the night ferry from.newhaven, but no body ever recovered???

i have a little story about Lord Lucan

6 years into our business the paperwork was becoming too much for myself and my partner to do , so we brought in a part time bookeeper , now we did plenty ' cash ' work and generally either made up a name or put the work through to the ' end user ' reference name , so Joe bloggs window fitter would order a roof for Mr jones , so we would put the work through as ' Jones ' 234 acacia avenue

we did this because our customers didnt want to put their work through their accounts , we did , so we werent breaking any laws , but it wasnt up to us to do the Inland revenues work for them

anyway our new bookeeper carried on doing this , until one day we had a visit from the aforementioned IR , they asked us about one particular customer , a certain Richard Bingham , we replied that he just turned up in a white van and paid us cash but didnt have much really , the IR person explained that he had been very busy having the best part of 50 grands worth of goods from us in the last 12 months , anyway we managed to bumble our way through it and suggested we'd get his address off him for next year

this was 1999 , the following night on the main news was a story that Lord Lucan , real name Richard Bingham was now officially considered as dead

the daft annoying person had been putting a job through to Lord Lucans real name every week for 12 months , I can just imagine the IR bloke watching the news thinking ' CHEEKY Bstewards '

3 minutes ago, Mumby Magic said:

Why are we not on there now landing regularly then? :vinsent:

I have been to Slough a few times.

I do not feel the need to go back.

And that would be a lot cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Had a friend who was mad on Conspiracy Theories, he must have posted at least one a week on facebook for years and obsessed about all sorts of theories.

Then he fell victim of the "ultimate Conspiracy" himself and found god, he hasn't posted anything since declaring he was a born again Christian! 

Anyone who belives in flat earth theories is an idiot. They should go on some kind of special list that we send to scammers to keep them away from the rest of us.

1 minute ago, tim2 said:

Anyone who belives in flat earth theories is an idiot. They should go on some kind of special list that we send to scammers to keep them away from the rest of us.

Anybody who believes in

God

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Anybody who believes in

God

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

That's a bit harder to disprove!!!

Out of interest, is any regular poster on here religious? If they are, they've not really let it be clearly obvious over the years.

3 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Give me a kilo of gold or diamonds before a kilo of oil

If it was just a kilo, that would be right. However if it was millions of tons/gallons then the price of the "rare" materials would drop as it wouldn't be rare, but oil would be burnt and would then increase in value as the supply fell.

That would be a hell of a pipeline though :) , and there'd inevitably be a huge horrible oil spill that would have interesting consequences.