RL on Canadian TV

manu266

49 minutes ago, manu266 said:

It is here.

image.thumb.png.6d0e407d44e148d7f8a37d82705e6aa0.png 

SNW TV had a replay of Hull KR - Catalan (brilliant idea SN, brilliant) and WCC live stream was on SN Now schedule.

You didn't find the link at all or the link wasn't working?

I woke up at 5 and from the NRL app used the watch from beginning option, skipped the pregame show straight to the kick-off. 

Perfect picture on a 43 screen, no freeze, no audio problem...Fox commentaries so so though...

I logged into SN Now but could find no mention anywhere of the WCC!

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

I logged into SN Now but could find no mention anywhere of the WCC!

hummm... weird, I'm not a SNW or SN Now subscriber so I cannot test it myself. But I definitly see all games on the SNW Now schedule. Fake news?

10 hours ago, timmysauce said:

I also didn't see the game on SN Now, all I see down there is a bundesliga game.  Maybe it has something to do with the cable provided, I'm with Tbaytel.

Where did you find the games on the SNW Now sechedule?

This page: https://now.sportsnet.ca/?utm_source=marketingpage&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=subscribersignin

Click on Schedule. Still there if you roll back to yesterday.

Can you at least watch SL games on SNW Now?

1 hour ago, manu266 said:

This page: https://now.sportsnet.ca/?utm_source=marketingpage&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=subscribersignin

The only game I could watch on SN Now was Hull KR and Calalans.

When I'm sign out of SN Now I can see all of the RL games like you can see but when I'm signed into SN Now through my cable company the games disappear.  I'll have to email Rogers and ask, although I'm not expecting a quick response from them.

20 minutes ago, timmysauce said:

The only game I could watch on SN Now was Hull KR and Calalans.

When I'm sign out of SN Now I can see all of the RL games like you can see but when I'm signed into SN Now through my cable company the games disappear.  I'll have to email Rogers and ask, although I'm not expecting a quick response from them.

Do you have SNW with your cable provider? I only have SN regular and SN1. So like you when I sign up, the RL games disapear. But if you have SNW activated, you should have access.

4 hours ago, manu266 said:

I subscribe to Sportsnet World via Bell Fibe TV, and have had no trouble watching/recording all the SL games they broadcast on the TV channel. When logged in I can see lots of soccer games (I don't recognize the logos so I'm not sure which league), but absolutely no Rugby League, even scrolling back to yesterday.

And when I log our of Sportsnet Now I do not see any mention of any Rugby League.

14 minutes ago, John WP Fan said:

I subscribe to Sportsnet World via Bell Fibe TV, and have had no trouble watching/recording all the SL games they broadcast on the TV channel. When logged in I can see lots of soccer games (I don't recognize the logos so I'm not sure which league), but absolutely no Rugby League, even scrolling back to yesterday.

And when I log our of Sportsnet Now I do not see any mention of any Rugby League.

Send them an email. There are usually quick to answer. They were quick to confirm the SL and Wolfpack broadcasters last month.

You have a case for getting a refund because even if RL is not specifically mentionned anywhere you're right, the games are in their schedule grid, and if they are not on their main TV signal, they should at least be on streaming.

Or they have lost Australian RL rights but won't admit it yet. Hence they can only show SL...

Surprisingly quick response from Rogers:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Matches that are not broadcasted with your cable provider will not be accessible with your cable provider log in. These matches are indeed SN NOW exclusive. To access this content
you will need to subscribe to SN NOW online subscription. Just the same SN NOW Online subscribers do not have access to Cable provider broadcasted matches.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

Well thanks for the info, this clarifies things. I would have been scr*** with my SNW subscription in May without that info.

Buy more, pay more motto here.

So with a cable/sat SN+SNW subscription, you still don't have access to everything. You need SN NOW also which is another $25 + tax per month. Crazy, if they want us to continue streaming illegal stuff, way to go Rogers, way to go...

4 hours ago, timmysauce said:

Surprisingly quick response from Rogers:

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Matches that are not broadcasted with your cable provider will not be accessible with your cable provider log in. These matches are indeed SN NOW exclusive. To access this content
you will need to subscribe to SN NOW online subscription. Just the same SN NOW Online subscribers do not have access to Cable provider broadcasted matches.

If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Sincerely,

Wow, that policy is both completely unclear from how they advertise the service and pretty crappy. Good to know though.

2 hours ago, manu266 said:

Well thanks for the info, this clarifies things. I would have been scr*** with my SNW subscription in May without that info.

Buy more, pay more motto here.

So with a cable/sat SN+SNW subscription, you still don't have access to everything. You need SN NOW also which is another $25 + tax per month. Crazy, if they want us to continue streaming illegal stuff, way to go Rogers, way to go...

Yeah that's why I keep saying TWP need to be shown on plain Jane SN once in SL, these specially channels won't do. We get screwed hard on the telecom services in Canada. Need some competition to bring the rates down

TV schedule for 22-25 February (all times EST)

Friday

4.00 AM – NRL Preseason Testimonial -  Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys on Fox League (watchNRL.com)

2.30 PM – Super League – Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves on SN NOW (replay on SNW TV at 2.30 AM Saturday)

Saturday

3.30 AM – NRL Preseason Charity Shield – St-George Dragons v South Sydney Rabbitohs on Fox League (watchNRL.com)

10.00 AM - Super League - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC on SN NOW

12.15 PM - Super League - Catalan Dragons v Wakefield Trinity on SN NOW

6.00 PM – RU Americas Championship – Canada v Argentina B on TSN2 

Sunday

10.00 AM - Championship – London Broncos v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV & CBC Sports website

So no SL live on TV this week. It seems like SNW has only Thursday afternoon to spare to RL fans...

5 minutes ago, manu266 said:

So no SL live on TV this week. It seems like SNW has only Thursday afternoon to spare to RL fans...

Until we're in SL they won't be changing their coverage of the game...if they even carry it then.

Wonder who would bid for the rights? we would ideally need either SN or TSN but would CBC take a crack?

8 minutes ago, manu266 said:

TV schedule for 22-25 February (all times EST)

Friday

4.00 AM – NRL Preseason Testimonial -  Melbourne Storm v North Queensland Cowboys on Fox League (watchNRL.com)

2.30 PM – Super League – Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves on SN NOW (replay on SNW TV at 2.30 AM Saturday)

Saturday

3.30 AM – NRL Preseason Charity Shield – St-George Dragons v South Sydney Rabbitohs on Fox League (watchNRL.com)

10.00 AM - Super League - Castleford Tigers v Hull FC on SN NOW

12.15 PM - Super League - Catalan Dragons v Wakefield Trinity on SN NOW

6.00 PM – RU Americas Championship – Canada v Argentina B on TSN2 

Sunday

10.00 AM - Championship – London Broncos v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV & CBC Sports website

There is also the BBC Challenge Cup game stream on Sunday.

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

Until we're in SL they won't be changing their coverage of the game...if they even carry it then.

Wonder who would bid for the rights? we would ideally need either SN or TSN but would CBC take a crack?

CBC TV would be great. But they could consider smaller general networks too, like City, CTV2, Omni... I wish we had more sports on general channels.

If on sports network, I prefer SN as it is easier to stream live or on tape delay.

• 2 weeks later...

TV schedule for 1-4 March (all times EST)

Friday

2.30 PM – Super League – Hull FC v Warrington on SN NOW

Saturday

10.00 AM - Elite 1 - Carcassonne v Avignon on FFRXIII TV

11.00 AM - RU Americas Championship – Chile v Canada on TSN3

Sunday

10.00 AM - Championship – Swinton Lions v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV & CBC Sports website

10.00 AM - League 1 - Bradford Bulls v London Skolars - on facebook.com/propersportradio

Some NRL talk shows will start tonight on Fox League.

NRL Tonight is a Monday to Friday Fox Sports News show simulcast on Fox League.

NRL 360 is a Monday to Wednesday one hour show. 

The Fan hosted by Andrew Voss will start on Tuesday, along with Queenslanders only.

League Life, an all-female panel show is on Wednesday along with The Greatest, a look at the game’s most iconic moments, hosted by Michael Ennis.

And then Thursday is already game day, with a post game show, The Late Show with Matty Johns.

All that of course if you find time to watch...

5 hours ago, manu266 said:

Some NRL talk shows will start tonight on Fox League.

NRL Tonight is a Monday to Friday Fox Sports News show simulcast on Fox League.

NRL 360 is a Monday to Wednesday one hour show. 

The Fan hosted by Andrew Voss will start on Tuesday, along with Queenslanders only.

League Life, an all-female panel show is on Wednesday along with The Greatest, a look at the game’s most iconic moments, hosted by Michael Ennis.

And then Thursday is already game day, with a post game show, The Late Show with Matty Johns.

All that of course if you find time to watch...

I don't have time to watch ANY of it much less ALL of it.

TV schedule for 8-11 March (all times EST)

All NRL games live and on demand on watchnrl.com. No NRL on SN NOW, only tape delay of some games on SNW TV.

Thursday

9.30 AM - NRL - Saint-George Illawarra Dragons v Brisbane Broncos on SNW TV

2.30 PM – Super League – Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC on SN NOW and SNW TV (repeat at 8 PM, 2.30 AM)

Friday

9.30 AM - NRL - North Queensland Cowboys v Cronulla Sharks on SNW TV

2.30 PM – Super League – Warrington Wolves v St Helens on SN NOW (repeat on SNW TV at 2.30 AM)

10.10 PM - NSW Cup - Wests Magpies v Canterbury Bulldogs on watchnrl.com

Saturday

3.00 AM - Queensland Cup - Northern Pride v Wynnum Manly Seagulls on https://livestream.com/accounts/9436031/events/8096375

12.00 PM - Super League - Catalan Dragons v Hull Kingston Rovers on SN NOW

Sunday (EDT!!!)

11.00 AM - Championship – Sheffield Eagles v Toronto Wolfpack on Game TV & CBC Sports website

11.00 AM - League 1 - Keighley Cougars v Bradford Bulls - on facebook.com/propersportradio

TV schedule for 15-18 March (all times EDT)

All NRL games live and on demand on watchnrl.com

Thursday

9.30 AM - NRL - Cronulla Sharks v St George Illawarra on SNW TV

3.30 PM – Super League – Huddersfield Giants v Hull Kingston Rovers on SN NOW and SNW TV (repeat at 8.30 PM)

Friday

9.30 AM - NRL - Brisbane Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys on SNW TV

2.15 PM - Challenge Cup - Kells v Toronto Wolfpack on BBC Radio Cumbria

3.30 PM – Super League – St Helens v Leeds Rhinos on SN NOW (repeat on SNW TV at 2.30 AM)

9.45 PM - NSW Cup - New Zealand Warriors v Canterbury Bulldogs on watchnrl.com

Saturday

2.00 AM - Queensland Cup - Burleigh Bears v Redcliffe Dolphins on watchnrl.com

10.00 AM - Challenge Cup - Normanton Knights v Rochdale Hornets on BBC Sports Online

12.00 PM - RU Six Nations - Ireland v England on NBC

1.00 PM - RU Six Nations - Wales v France on CNBC

1.00 PM - Super League - Catalan Dragons v Warrington Wolves on SN NOW

Sunday

11.00 AM - Elite 1 - Palau Broncos v Saint-Esteve Catalan on FFRXIII TV

Archived