Sign in to follow this  
POR

rfl block minga

If he has played 74% of games and that is the only issue, that seems harsh.

I wonder if there  are other issues here.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

If he has played 74% of games and that is the only issue, that seems harsh.

I wonder if there  are other issues here.

Why is it harsh? That is the rule.

6 minutes ago, philipw said:

If medically injured and physically unable to I think its harsh in my opinion of course

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, philipw said:

because he played 3/4 of the games but not if you look at the exact percentages. There should be a panel that gets to make the final call on hes types of transfers. he played in the same league least year and now hes not eligible because of one game?

5 minutes ago, thepimp007 said:

If medically injured and physically unable to I think its harsh in my opinion of course

Of course. But if there are rules, they need to be applied. Fairly simple IMO. 

1 hour ago, Krzzystuff said:

because he played 3/4 of the games but not if you look at the exact percentages. There should be a panel that gets to make the final call on hes types of transfers. he played in the same league least year and now hes not eligible because of one game?

But he didn't though, did he?

Edited by philipw

Additionally, people will complain that this is the RFLs fault, but I am pretty sure that it is a Home Office stipulation for obtaining a work permit, so actually nothing to do with NGB rules 

• Like 1

so 73.7% is not 3/4...what is it. it's just getting petty. also hes transferring between two teams in the RLF ...he's still playing in the same league FFS. 

Great way to attract foreign starts to the game.

• Like 1

So at what state should he be allowed to sign?

74%

73%

72%

or should we not have a rule?

BTW why is he leaving Toulouse?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

so 73.7% is not 3/4...what is it. it's just getting petty. also hes transferring between two teams in the RLF ...he's still playing in the same league FFS. 

Great way to attract foreign starts to the game.

Must say I agree . Would have been box office for Fev and championship fans over here . Little bit of common sense discretion you’d hope with Toulouse in the same league and he’s playing the same teams ...

• Like 2

As a Fev fan, I'm pretty gutted to miss out on such a quality player.

Plenty of mumping on the facebook page, RFL conspiracy etc.

Rules are rules, the line has to be drawn somewhere I suppose. Disappointing none the less

26 minutes ago, philipw said:

Because i suspect the rule is in to ensure that the players coming in arr regular first teamers and therefore of a sufficent quality to add something to the comp. 75% is quite arbitary and when you look at the fact he has played 45 first team games over the last two years, that is a regular first teamer and not an abuse of the system.

If that is the only issue here I would expext some form of leniency through appeal, particularly in sport where injuries mean you can miss games. We are at risk of making people play when injured.

It is perfectly reasonable to expect a buffer when we are talking a high number of games - 1 more appearance would have been there. Surely an inkury report would suffice.

• Like 5

Seems strange when he has clearly been playing in that competition regularly for last 2 seasons yet players seem able to come from down under with seemingly little consideration of the standard they have been playing at.

The cynic in me makes me wonder if it had been Toronto whether they would have been so eager to refuse him.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Is this percentage linked to whether he can gain a visa? 

That's exactly what it is. Won't stop braindead idiots blaming the RFL for immigration rules agreed with the Home Office.

As for Minga, hopefully he remains with Toulouse and regains the trust of the coach and club.

• Like 6

Would've been a great signing for fev,it seems petty,I agree especially when a strong featherstone team,bolstered by a signing of this calibre can only make the championship more competitive and therefore more enjoyable

6 minutes ago, Cardypaul said:

Seems strange when he has clearly been playing in that competition regularly for last 2 seasons yet players seem able to come from down under with seemingly little consideration of the standard they have been playing at.

The cynic in me makes me wonder if it had been Toronto whether they would have been so eager to refuse him.

Cringe

The problem is why is he allowed to play for one club in that division but not the others! It would be like if only Catalans were allowed any Aussie players in SL.

10 minutes ago, ajrover said:

The problem is why is he allowed to play for one club in that division but not the others! It would be like if only Catalans were allowed any Aussie players in SL.

Because one club is in a different country which has different immigration laws. Despite what Nigel Farage has told you, people from outside the EU can't just freely come to live and work in the UK because they have spent some time in France. Minga fails the UK immigration standard for RL players so is not allowed into the country. And yes, Catalans have occasionally signed players who were refused a UK visa but accepted in France, such as Greg Bird.

Edited by Evil Homer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

Is this percentage linked to whether he can gain a visa? 

Yes

14 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Because one club is in a different country which has different immigration laws. Despite what Nigel Farage has told you, people from outside the EU can't just freely come to live and work in the UK because they have spent some time in France. Minga fails the UK immigration standard for RL players so is not allowed into the country. And yes, Catalans have occasionally signed players who were refused a UK visa but accepted in France, such as Greg Bird.

Im not arguing with you but this bit from one of the above links suggests its the rfl ?

Records show the 24-year-old has played 45 of 61 matches during the last two seasons, meaning he is one appearance short having played 73.7% of games. As a result, he will not receive a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE), meaning he cannot come to the UK.

Edit,having read the other link that also suggests fev are disappointed the rfl.no mention of government immigration rules

Edited by jpmc
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

If that’s the case then it’s time to forget having clubs from different clubs in the same league as this will give an unfair advantage/ disadvantaged to some clubs.

1 minute ago, jpmc said:

Im not arguing with you but this bit from one of the above links suggests its the rfl ?

Records show the 24-year-old has played 45 of 61 matches during the last two seasons, meaning he is one appearance short having played 73.7% of games. As a result, he will not receive a Governing Body Endorsement (GBE), meaning he cannot come to the UK.

Maybe that’s the figure the RFL has agreed with immigration. Maybe the RFL know that if they gave him the GBE it would be declined anyway as he hasn’t reached 75%. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Yeah I understand that, but why can't the RFL have a law within the game that says they won't register a player if he fails the UK immigration standard for RL players no mater which country he is in. That way everyone is playing under the same rules and we wouldn't be in this situation where a player can play for one club but not another in the same division?