How devastating will this be for their season if they can’t find adequate replacements?

Does it make it a lot less likely they might make the Million Pound game?

Edited by Gerrumonside ref

Until will know more, speculation on what’s going/gone on.

Moi Moi, more or less at the end of his career.  Bailey, maybe another season, but Taylor, turned down Canberra for bigger bucks at TWP.  

Loss of Taylor is a big problem imo.  Even when he’s lazy, he could impact on any Championship game and would be a key factor in a MPG.

Rowley allegedly on Twitter  “They have left the club - that's all I can say".

Edited by Lowdesert
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You really have to wonder what Taylor has done now.

• Like 2

Must be related to excess fun in Portugal or something? Sad if true but Taylor and Bailey are both loose cannons. Shame about Fui though. Although he is a bit of a codger he is a strong runner and very marketable. 

That's a lot of the playing budget freed up for replacements however.

Edited by Scubby
  • Like 3

Well with a drunken coke party in Portugal for the Wolfpack and minga discipline problems Leigh look like a shoe in for the title 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, winnyason said:

Well this will sell game to Canadians our code full of drunken party boys. I suppose no different to nfl or hockey players 

Drunken?

Im sure theyve got 4 good props still at the club who will get them through this mess whilst they try to find replacements.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

That's  3 big forwards that have left also Dan Flemming who left for Halifax. 

To be fair, I think they allowed Crossley & Fleming to leave because they were signing Fui & Taylor to replace them for a strong Championship squad. Need a plan B now.

Remember they just need a couple of big guys who are top of the Championship standard not Dave Klemmer and James Graham? They will survive and recruit appropriately I'm sure.

• Like 2

Oh Coal Train...

It's really sad to hear he's hit the skids again,  the club (the Raiders) did so much to get him back on track and he was going so well, and he's already ballsed it up...

Though I'm sure that the club will take him back if it's only a drugs problem again and he is willing to undergo the same sort of supervision and training plan as last time, we got him off the gear once no reason we can't do it again...

4 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

To be fair, I think they allowed Crossley & Fleming to leave because they were signing Fui & Taylor to replace them for a strong Championship squad. Need a plan B now.

Fui played for them last year , Taylor was their major signing , but there were rumours he wanted out not long after signing 

Is Bailey really a loss ? 

Still expect them to challenge for the top two , and recruit big when the 8 s come along 

• Like 3

Just now, GUBRATS said:

Fui played for them last year , Taylor was their major signing , but there were rumours he wanted out not long after signing 

Is Bailey really a loss ? 

Still expect them to challenge for the top two , and recruit big when the 8 s come along 

That is the loose end left for those recruiting. Exactly what is everyone playing for in the Championship? If it is 2 to go up regardless of relegation then you are spot on. The recruitment should be directed towards the middle 8s.

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Maybe they can find a couple of big Canadians who can catch a pass ? 

Maybe they can, but what has that got to do with anything?

Even a town as steeped in RL history as Leigh can't find enough local players to field a competitive team, so why would we be thinking that Toronto could/should after being in existence for a year?

30 minutes ago, TrueBull said:

FFMM was already there

Edited by philipw

Wow! I thought it might take a couple of months for Taylor to hit the self-destruct button but to get fired before the season starts takes some doing.

What an idiot! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1