Toronto (Merged threads)

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its a shocker, I'm still stunned, I imagine the Leigh people are breathing a huge sigh of relief....going for another cup of coffee.

Disappointment really. I was looking forward to seeing Fui and the contest between Taylor and Paterika Vaivai. Very disappointed.

TBH I don't think any of them will be a great loss to WP....DT may have been if he'd been clean, but not in his recent past/present. MoiMoi would have struggled in Ch this year up against some FT and bigger, fitter PT-ers. Bailey no loss at all, I wondered what Wire were up to giving him a year a couple of years ago... 

Ashton Sims will be playing big minutes :)

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

13 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

TBH I don't think any of them will be a great loss to WP....DT may have been if he'd been clean, but not in his recent past/present. MoiMoi would have struggled in Ch this year up against some FT and bigger, fitter PT-ers. Bailey no loss at all, I wondered what Wire were up to giving him a year a couple of years ago... 

Ashton Sims will be playing big minutes :)

Never rated Sims as a prop, second rower for me. That pack will struggle now.

1 hour ago, Southerner said:

Time for Brian Noble (assuming recruitment is part of his role) to step up, use his experience and contacts to find some decent replacements.

He does seem to find himself available to spend the money of some rich guys.At Salford he signed players with a penchant for ill-discipline and it appears he is well and truly aided and abetted,now, by Rowley.

3 in one go is some doing.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

6 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I'm disappointed by this news as I've already got tickets for Leigh-Toronto at the LSV which I hoped would be a cracking contest and test of strength. 

We are certainly the under wolf on the card now...but we still have a nasty bite!

17 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I'm disappointed by this news as I've already got tickets for Leigh-Toronto at the LSV which I hoped would be a cracking contest and test of strength. 

And if these players had been injured? A lot can happen in 2 weeks.

It's not like they are scratching around in the front row with the likes of Ashton Sims, Adam Sidlow, Olsi Kransiqi and Jake Emmit there.

Letting Dan Fleming go doesn't seem like such a good idea now.

Bailey's actions are particularly disappointing after all the support the club had given him through the drug testing saga,

Feel bad for Fui Fui, seems to be more of a follower than a leader.

Glad the club sacked these guys.  This sort of thing is absolutely not tolerated in Canadian Sport.  Ice Hockey clubs here dump players like this all the time and other NHL clubs will blacklist them.  

Reminds me of Ray Emery (goaltender) in Ottawa a few years ago.  Guy got sent packing and ended up having to play hockey in Siberia for his sins for a couple of years.  Career never recovered. 

I assume Taylor's off back to Australia, having got out of a contract he regretted signing. So he's happy.

FFMM will probably retire. God knows what Bailey will do.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, CanadianRugger said:

Glad the club sacked these guys.  This sort of thing is absolutely not tolerated in Canadian Sport.  Ice Hockey clubs here dump players like this all the time and other NHL clubs will blacklist them.  

Reminds me of Ray Emery (goaltender) in Ottawa a few years ago.  Guy got sent packing and ended up having to play hockey in Siberia for his sins for a couple of years.  Career never recovered.  

It's different here. If a talented player gets sacked the rest of the league will form a queue for his services. Soccer is the same. That's why soccer teams rarely sack players. They have too much financial value in them for a club to simply give them away whilst still under contract.

rldfsignature.jpg

11 minutes ago, Scubby said:

And if these players had been injured? A lot can happen in 2 weeks.

It's not like they are scratching around in the front row with the likes of Ashton Sims, Adam Sidlow, Olsi Kransiqi and Jake Emmit there.

And Sam Hopkins. I’d expect them to use loans to get young props from SL clubs as and when needed and make signings nearer the 8s

Just now, deluded pom? said:

It's different here. If a talented player gets sacked the rest of the league will form a queue for his services. Soccer is the same. That's why soccer teams rarely sack players. They have too much financial value in them for a club to simply give them away whilst still under contract.

I have been used to following a team with a misbehaving but brilliant player and being downhearted when we got rid.  It was always for the best.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

1 minute ago, deluded pom? said:

Yah, I've noted this.  My bro lived in Aus for a couple of years (workes in Mt Isa at the mines there).  We would discuss NRL and the topic of how much trouble players got in to came up and the personality cult developed by the media around the players. 

Canada is totally different, cause problems for the club and tarnish the name, you're gone.  All the big hockey clubs here (Toronto, Montreal, etc) will regularly dump players that act up, especially because there are so many others who can step up and take their place.  Nobody is irreplaceable, eve. Marquee players.

Nobody in Canada gives a about who you are or what you did, act like an ass and kiss the pro contract goodbye.  

44 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Getting madder...lucky no Leigh fan is within striking distance...lucky there are no Rhino fans around to take out my frustrations on!  GETTING MADDER!

I understand DT was on $1m per annum, plus whatever FF and RB were on.  You could get some solid replacements for that.

1 minute ago, Tonka said:

I understand DT was on $1m per annum, plus whatever FF and RB were on.  You could get some solid replacements for that.

Any idea who might be on the market?

I'm sure there will be several agents getting in touch today.

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugger said:

Yah, I've noted this.  My bro lived in Aus for a couple of years (workes in Mt Isa at the mines there).  We would discuss NRL and the topic of how much trouble players got in to came up and the personality cult developed by the media around the players. 

Canada is totally different, cause problems for the club and tarnish the name, you're gone.  All the big hockey clubs here (Toronto, Montreal, etc) will regularly dump players that act up, especially because there are so many others who can step up and take their place.  Nobody is irreplaceable, eve. Marquee players.

Nobody in Canada gives a about who you are or what you did, act like an ass and kiss the pro contract goodbye.  

I agree...these guys were at a training camp for the love of Mike...thats means, get up, eat properly, morning training session(s), have lunch and eat properly, afternoon training sessions(s), have supper eat properly, watch a movie or something, read (general relax time) then off to bed for an early start the next day....repeat!   They are paid professional athletes, they have a duty and responsibility.

3 minutes ago, ojx said:

Any idea who might be on the market?

I'm sure there will be several agents getting in touch today.

Luke Paige has been strongly linked to the UK comp, although several SL clubs are after him. The Lurpack could entice him no doubt though. He would be a very decent replacement

A lot of people are saying they've been sacked for various reasons - is there any evidence of this? All I saw from the article was they left by mutual consent...........

MoiMoi was a marketing tool and is a shame he's gone but he won't be missed on the field (he'd have struggled to have the same impact in the Championship)

Bailey won't be missed, as they never really had him play

Dave Taylor could have had a great impact and is the biggest shame, but sadly he keeps shooting himself in the foot

Archived