Sign in to follow this  
Penno

Toronto

Can you imagine being a supporter of the Wolfpack knowing they are based in the UK, train in the UK, will play most of their games in the UK? It is not what I thought it would be and the RFL should ensure any future overseas teams in our leagues follow the Toulouse and Catalans models. 

Just now, 750VFR said:

Can you imagine being a supporter of the Wolfpack knowing they are based in the UK, train in the UK, will play most of their games in the UK? It is not what I thought it would be and the RFL should ensure any future overseas teams in our leagues follow the Toulouse and Catalans models. 

We all love the WOLFPACK!...JUST SOME SMALL GROWING PAINS THATS ALL!

Why are you so against the UK?....are you a Frenchman?

1 minute ago, 750VFR said:

That is an insult. 

What is it about a Yorkshire team that attracts you? 

Then why are you promoting the French teams then?  I don't mind the Yorkshire teams but I'm not a Barrow ticket holder and there is no real strong attraction at all.

I run with the Pack.

"Prepare For Pack Attack!"

No, no. I'm not biting, although I do believe things got interesting in Portugal for some of your ex-players.

8 minutes ago, TMF said:

No, no. I'm not biting, although I do believe things got interesting in Portugal for some of your ex-players.

Take a nibble anyway.....water under the bridge, all water under the bridge my friend.

Lol Kman, it was a nibble, but seriously, do you have any plans at all to come to the home of RL, do any of your friends, supporters? I say this in the best spirit as we would love to see you here. 

The latest is they are planning 3 sponsored trips, one for summer bash, one for magic weekend and one other.  People will be coming and you will see Wolfpack fans...but like everything else we are starting, this too, from scratch: so expect some hiccups.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

...but like everything else we are starting, this too, from scratch: so expect some hiccups.

I hear Cumbria County Council are contemplating imposing visas to enter the Furnesss peninsula.

Expect your star players to be denied entry at the Levens Bridge checkpoint ( Well you started it😂😂😂😂😂😂)

You will be ok though Kman, you can sneak in by white water kayaking down the River Leven. Bring some of your famous Moose saussges with you. They will go down a storm in the Raiders Bar.

Keep Paddlin' !!!!

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

I hear Cumbria County Council are contemplating imposing visas to enter the Furnesss peninsula.

Expect your star players to be denied entry at the Levens Bridge checkpoint ( Well you started it😂😂😂😂😂😂)

You will be ok though Kman, you can sneak in by white water kayaking down the River Leven. Bring some of your famous Moose saussges with you. They will go down a storm in the Raiders Bar.

Keep Paddlin' !!!!

Its called 'guerilla camping' Bearman  (I'm serious google it).  I could just pull in late at night with the boat, real quiet like the Vikings used to do, quickly and quietly  pitch my camp, fire up some grub with the white gas working by red light , hit the sack...out early the next morning.  You wouldn't even know I had been there except for the footprint of my bag outlined by the lack of morning dew!   Done it many times, many many times.

2006_KAYAK_173.JPG

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Its called 'guerilla camping' Bearman  (I'm serious google it).  I could just pull in late at night with the boat, real quiet like the Vikings used to do, quickly and quietly  pitch my camp, fire up some grub with the white gas working by red light , hit the sack...out early the next morning.  You wouldn't even know I had been there except for the footprint of my bag outlined by the lack of morning dew!   Done it many times, many many times.

I did that on the little island in the middle of the Bow River in Calgary once and the Calgary police came at 5am and rousted me out of my tent at 5am.   I was planning on being gone at 530am.... just my luck.  I was surprised they even showed up given it was -10C but they said they were concerned for the welfare of the individual so they were checking, and since my welfare was well, could I get the hell out!  This was back in the very early 80's when everyone in Alberta hated everything Ontario related (which has not really changed mind you).

19 hours ago, Bearman said:

Keep Paddlin' !!!!

You can hardly carry anything in the little kayak Kman uses.  One needs a proper canoe with full room for rations and grog.  I will just gently J stroke all the way to the game and circumvent the visa process.

Speaking of which I have to renew my passport, which will be an enormously painful process.  American paranoia has spread to our border services with some glee due to the power and increased employment prospects it brings to the people in that dept.  To think I once traveled half the world on my Ontario Driver's license.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Captain Survival said:

You can hardly carry anything in the little kayak Kman uses.  One needs a proper canoe with full room for rations and grog.  I will just gently J stroke all the way to the game and circumvent the visa process.

Speaking of which I have to renew my passport, which will be an enormously painful process.  American paranoia has spread to our border services with some glee due to the power and increased employment prospects it brings to the people in that dept.  To think I once traveled half the world on my Ontario Driver's license.

I can put more in that kayak than you could ever imagine...just gotta know how to pack!

1 hour ago, Captain Survival said:

I did that on the little island in the middle of the Bow River in Calgary once and the Calgary police came at 5am and rousted me out of my tent at 5am.   I was planning on being gone at 530am.... just my luck.  I was surprised they even showed up given it was -10C but they said they were concerned for the welfare of the individual so they were checking, and since my welfare was well, could I get the hell out!  This was back in the very early 80's when everyone in Alberta hated everything Ontario related (which has not really changed mind you).

You gotta be better at the camo. my friend...you gotta know how not to be seen.

1 hour ago, Kayakman said:

You gotta be better at the camo. my friend...you gotta know how not to be seen.

Yes, I noticed that in the Brazen Head when it was your round😂

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

Yes, I noticed that in the Brazen Head when it was your round😂

Now don't you start.

• Like 1

From Craven Park to Craven Park. You'll be welcome.

• Like 2

On 2/2/2018 at 9:02 AM, Bighorribleyorkshireman said:

Good luck this year Barrow. Make your craven park a fortress, stand your ground and do not be bullied. I will attend your Toronto game so batter em. Your resident Hull KR fan. Up the raiders and robins. 

NOTICE:  Warning!  Warning!  Warning!

Wolfpack scout is returning,  Barrow has all men at their gates on standby, outside forces are giving assistance (might be from Hull?)....getting ready for a tough one this weekend against our old nemesis from last year.  Might need to bring over the hot dog cannon to blast through their defensive wall.  Defense appears to be coordinated by some large naked streaker, he is quite animated.

barrow.jpg

14 hours ago, Wandering pete said:

Sunday's merry whistleblower....it's Gareth...

Oh Jeez, here we go again with another moan about Gareth Hewer, it never ends....

• Haha 1