Sign in to follow this  
Dons News

PREVIEW | England ready to go

Brad England is raring to go in 2018 after working hard in the gym since the end of last season.

The 23-year-old back-rower made 16 appearances in 2017, scoring three tries, and is looking for improvements all round this term.

“Towards the end of last season my diet wasn’t as it should have been and I put quite a bit of weight on, I was up to about 100kg which isn’t a weight which suits my style of play,” he said.

“In pre-season I’ve been doing extras and working hard to get down to a weight I feel comfortable at, I’ve lost 8kg which has made a massive difference.

“92kg is my preferred weight and I feel a lot stronger and faster, I feel better when we’ve had little hit outs and I’m right up there with the best in terms of fitness in the squad.”

England is aiming to impress Richard Horne, in what will be the head coach’s first full season in charge of the club.

“It’s Richard’s first pre-season and I’m really happy with the way he wants me to play, I just have to keep impressing and improving to make sure I’m in the team,” he added.

“The main thing has been to look at the technical side of things, our ruck speed is going to be key so we’re looking to be quicker with our plays.

“We want to have a structure and style of play this year, we’ve got some talented lads in the squad and plenty of competition for places so everything is in place for a good season.”

Tickets for the Dons pre-season fixtures against London Broncos and Batley Bulldogs from the Club Doncaster Box Office, on 01302 762576 or at tickets.clubdoncaster.co.uk 

View the full article