Sign in to follow this  
audois

Catalans Academy 2018

U19s third season fourth if you count dummy run in 2015. Will play 21 games starting at Widnes 4th February. 9 games at home and 12 away including Bradford, London and Newcastle.

29 players listed with I think a third or more as newcomers. 17 from Perpignan, 8 from Provence, 2 from the Aude and one each from Paris and Villeneuve sur Lot.

Somethings new this time round as half a dozen have been preparing with the Dragons squad up until Christmas.

Expectations high after a semi final appearance for the first time in 2017.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/164-5561-le-groupe-et-le-calendrier-u19-devoiles/

Edited by audois
  • Like 9

Not a huge turnover of players compared to last year, looking forward to the progression of many of last year's young team including the six now on full-time contracts. Also looking forward to seeing some of the new young players, the hooker Lacans and halfback Munuera would be two to watch out for, I also like the young forward Salabio who reminds me a little of Jordan Dezaria. Alex Chan's son is listed there too. Plenty to be excited about here.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, audois said:

U19s third season fourth if you count dummy run in 2015. Will play 21 games starting at Widnes 4th February. 9 games at home and 12 away including Bradford, London and Newcastle.

29 players listed with I think a third or more as newcomers. 17 from Perpignan, 8 from Provence, 2 from the Aude and one each from Paris and Villeneuve sur Lot.

Somethings new this time round as half a dozen have been preparing with the Dragons squad up until Christmas.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/articles-9/164-5561-le-groupe-et-le-calendrier-u19-devoiles/

How's the lad from Paris been picked up? Scouted?

Has he had to relocate to Perpignan?

Must admit I didn't know there was junior development in the Paris region..........

1 hour ago, audois said:

All good news.  Laguerre is the better of the 3, for me, but this group will take some stopping this year.

http://www.catalansdragons.com/en/articles-45/164-5565-full-time-deal-for-bled-le-cam-and-laguerre/

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

How's the lad from Paris been picked up? Scouted?

Has he had to relocate to Perpignan?

Must admit I didn't know there was junior development in the Paris region..........

Gorka was part of the squad last year but only appeared in one or two matches, and played for France u16s. Not sure what his Paris background is but I'm guessing he and his family live in Perpignan now for non-RL reasons.

33 minutes ago, Evil Homer said:

Not a huge turnover of players compared to last year, looking forward to the progression of many of last year's young team including the six now on full-time contracts. Also looking forward to seeing some of the new young players, the hooker Lacans and halfback Munuera would be two to watch out for, I also like the young forward Salabio who reminds me a little of Jordan Dezaria. Alex Chan's son is listed there too. Plenty to be excited about here.

Lacans is excellent (needs to hit the gym but raw qualities are through the roof).

Munuera has shown real promises in terms of controlling a game.

Florian Vailhen to kickstart his career!

4 minutes ago, Hvy wg said:

Lacans is excellent (needs to hit the gym but raw qualities are through the roof).

Munuera has shown real promises in terms of controlling a game.

Florian Vailhen to kickstart his career!

Only worry about Lacans is his size, he has the skills.

Looking forward to seeing Vailhen and Rouge after their pre-season with the first team, hopefully they can kick on and be dominant players at this level. Bastien Scimone is another who is a dark horse to dominate teams. Excited about this forward pack, a shame there isn't as much talent in the outside backs, hopefully some of the young kids can step up.

Thomas lacans comes training with us when he's not in perpignan,  excellent player, great attitude and usually makes the right choice, he's hit the weights but give him time he's only just 17. 

They're looking to play him in the halves but I prefer him at 9, he says he doesn't think he'll get much game time this year, 

Edited by barnyia

2 hours ago, barnyia said:

Thomas lacans comes training with us when he's not in perpignan,  excellent player, great attitude and usually makes the right choice, he's hit the weights but give him time he's only just 17. 

They're looking to play him in the halves but I prefer him at 9, he says he doesn't think he'll get much game time this year, 

How tall is he now? 1m70?

Not sure if he's ready to take on the massive English boys especially at 9. He might get an opportunity in the halves where he can be sheltered.