SL announce new commercial partner

Great to unlock this property for super league sponsorship. Surprised it hasn’t been done before actually!

Nottingham Outlaws Rugby League

Harry Jepson Winners 2008

RLC Midlands Premier Champions 2006 & 2008

East Midlands Challenge Cup Winners 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2008

Rotterdam International 9's Cup Winners 2005

RLC North Midlands Champions 2003 & 2004

FFS. Lets all try and fcuk the NHS.

I like to patronise our sponsors. I will make an exception with these ambulance chasing ********

Disgusting

For the first time in my life  I am ashamed of rugby league

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

I would imagine that all RL supporters who work for the NHS will be absolutely overjoyed with this. No, really...

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

"People need a real expert to review their case quickly and give them a straight forward, simple, honest answer as to whether or not they have a case. The way the match officials in Super League use the video referee to achieve a similar goal is a wonderful metaphor for our service.”

Somewhat ironically, the video refs system gets criticized for having precisely the opposite effect...

39 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

I would imagine that all RL supporters who work for the NHS will be absolutely overjoyed with this. No, really...

That's up to them, of course, if they are happy with the sort of cover ups the NHS indulge in when it comes to medical negligence claims. It seems that the  NHS trusts in England paid out more than £1.4bn in medical negligence claims last year. They need to get their act together , wouldn't you say - at least if you were posting on one of the numerous political threads on AOB

John does make a fair point.  Truth of it is you get a heady mix of valid claims and total try ons, with everything in between and irrespective of whether it is proportionate for the NHS (or Court system) to deal with them.

1 hour ago, Odsal Outlaw said:

Great to unlock this property for super league sponsorship. Surprised it hasn’t been done before actually!

yep, i'm really surprised it has taken over 20 years to do this, particularly considering the fact that the Aussies have been doing it for yonks.

As we saw at the RLWC the ad gets an awful lot of prominence!

Agree with the others about not being a massive fan of ambulance chasers, but JohnM also makes a valid point. As long as our details are not passed to them by the RFL and we start getting early morning calls asking about an accident I haven't had!!!

6 hours ago, Tonka said:

John does make a fair point.  Truth of it is you get a heady mix of valid claims and total try ons, with everything in between and irrespective of whether it is proportionate for the NHS (or Court system) to deal with them.

The optics looks poor for rugby league though. These guys aren't exactly seen in a favourable light, are they? (I mean as an industry). Even if this company doesn't do it the image is of spam calls going "I'm phoning you about the accident you had that wasn't your fault ..."

At least it's not PPI.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

That VR sponsor is arguably the most visible sponsor in the whole sport,look at the world cup,you'll struggle to name more than a couple sponsors...but you know chips & gravy is $2.99 lol I'm sure it even trended on UK twitter during games...KFC have missed a chance here

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

13 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Is it better or worse than mushy peas though?

The peas we have now or some peas from the nostalgic past which were even better?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

13 hours ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Is it better or worse than mushy peas though?

Are Bachelors encouraging you to sue the NHS? Knowing RL's luck, this season we will probably see a high profile player suing a SL club's medical staff for neglect :mellow:

1 hour ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

It was probably worse news for the NHS when we were promoting smoking via the Silk Cut Challenge Cup and Regal trophy.

"The past is a foreign country, they do things differently there"

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

45 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

I know what you’re saying pal, but we took that morally dubious cash right through the 1990s and into 2001.

And there were some complaints - I know because I made some of them.

Archived