Sign in to follow this  
daz39

2018 Admission prices

Recommended Posts

Done a quick internet search to find out what clubs are charging this year, I've taken the prices for central seating prices for comparison.

Interesting to see the disparity gap between top and bottom in the Super League and League 1, mainly down to Bradford,  but the Championship are all more or less the same, obviously there are cheaper options at a lot of clubs but some of the prices are pretty high really when we presume Rugby League, and moreso, Super League is quite cheap compared to Football etc.

 

Super League

Castleford - £27

Catalans £31

Huddersfield £25

Hull FC £28

Hull KR £26

Leeds £32

Salford £36.50

St Helens £30

Wakefield £23

Warrington £30.50

Widnes £36.50

Wigan £28 (based on 2017 prices)

 

Championship

Barrow £17

Batley £17

Dewsbury £17

Featherstone £18

Halifax £20

Leigh £23

London £20

Rochdale £16

Sheffield £17

Swinton £18

Toronto £17

Toulouse £18

 

League One

Bradford £28 :O

Coventry £12

Doncaster £15

Hemel N/A

Hunslet £15

Keighley £18

London Sk N/A

Newcastle £15

North Wales £10

Oldham £16

West Wales £10

Whitehaven £16

Workington £15

York £15

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are those number accurate? If i go on Widnes site now im not offered a ticket for 36 quid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Done a quick internet search to find out what clubs are charging this year, I've taken the prices for central seating prices for comparison.

Interesting to see the disparity gap between top and bottom in the Super League and League 1, mainly down to Bradford,  but the Championship are all more or less the same, obviously there are cheaper options at a lot of clubs but some of the prices are pretty high really when we presume Rugby League, and moreso, Super League is quite cheap compared to Football etc.

 

Super League

Castleford - £27

Catalans £31

Huddersfield £25

Hull FC £28

Hull KR £26

Leeds £32

Salford £36.50

St Helens £30

Wakefield £23

Warrington £30.50

Widnes £36.50

Wigan £28 (based on 2017 prices)

 

Championship

Barrow £17

Batley £17

Dewsbury £17

Featherstone £18

Halifax £20

Leigh £23

London £20

Rochdale £16

Sheffield £17

Swinton £18

Toronto £17

Toulouse £18

 

League One

Bradford £28 :O

Coventry £12

Doncaster £15

Hemel N/A

Hunslet £15

Keighley £18

London Sk N/A

Newcastle £15

North Wales £10

Oldham £16

West Wales £10

Whitehaven £16

Workington £15

York £15

You need to look at cheapest and most expensive. This looks like Widnes and Salford are expensive and that isnt true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I clicked on Salford and i cant even find out how to buy a match ticket!

Really? It takes two clicks from arriving on the website to be on the ticket portal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Done a quick internet search to find out what clubs are charging this year, I've taken the prices for central seating prices for comparison.

Interesting to see the disparity gap between top and bottom in the Super League and League 1, mainly down to Bradford,  but the Championship are all more or less the same, obviously there are cheaper options at a lot of clubs but some of the prices are pretty high really when we presume Rugby League, and moreso, Super League is quite cheap compared to Football etc.

 

Super League

Castleford - £27

Catalans £31

Huddersfield £25

Hull FC £28

Hull KR £26

Leeds £32

Salford £36.50

St Helens £30

Wakefield £23

Warrington £30.50

Widnes £36.50

Wigan £28 (based on 2017 prices)

 

Championship

Barrow £17

Batley £17

Dewsbury £17

Featherstone £18

Halifax £20

Leigh £23

London £20

Rochdale £16

Sheffield £17

Swinton £18

Toronto £17

Toulouse £18

 

League One

Bradford £28 :O

Coventry £12

Doncaster £15

Hemel N/A

Hunslet £15

Keighley £18

London Sk N/A

Newcastle £15

North Wales £10

Oldham £16

West Wales £10

Whitehaven £16

Workington £15

York £15

Been told Hemel Stags  £9-00, Hospitality package £23-00, this includes admission, 2 course meal an complimentary bar for 1 an 1/2 hours before k /o..

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philipw said:

Really? It takes two clicks from arriving on the website to be on the ticket portal

Obviously your site is different to mine. Click on tickets all it offers is season tickets.

Click on fixtures and then the Wigan game and it takes you to the season ticket page.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, philipw said:

Really? It takes two clicks from arriving on the website to be on the ticket portal

Worked it out now. You have to click the "season tickets can be purchased online here" link in a busy body of copy.

Absolutely incompetent, but they arent on their own with their website tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, newbe said:

Been told Hemel Stags  £9-00, Hospitality package £23-00, this includes admission, 2 course meal an complimentary bar for 1 an 1/2 hours before k /o..

Complimentary? I think i could make my entrance fee and train fare back in that time!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wakefield is good value at that price.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At most clubs the largest number of people pay the cheapest adult admission price. That's what we should be comparing.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Well the main stand is nothing but a glorified shed.

Watching a good side at a ground with history (run down or not) would suit me fine.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, M j M said:

At most clubs the largest number of people pay the cheapest adult admission price. That's what we should be comparing.

Yup, especially when you are mentioning comparisons to football, as their most expensive ticket would dwarf 36 quid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These figures are an incorrect way of showing ticket prices. It should be off cheapest tickets as this is not a true representation.

 

mods please close this down as these figures can be damaging

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Obviously your site is different to mine. Click on tickets all it offers is season tickets.

Click on fixtures and then the Wigan game and it takes you to the season ticket page.

No, click on tickets, then on the highlighted text like that says 'online here'. 

Why, is that incompetent? Does it have to be so explicit? Or can people to navigate a website all by themselves?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

These figures are an incorrect way of showing ticket prices. It should be off cheapest tickets as this is not a true representation.

 

mods please close this down as these figures can be damaging

Why? The OP clearly states that it is a comparison of central seating prices. He doesn't suggest they are a comparison of cheapest prices

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, philipw said:

No, click on tickets, then on the highlighted text like that says 'online here'. 

Why, is that incompetent? Does it have to be so explicit? Or can people to navigate a website all by themselves?

Erm, that sentence in full is:

Season Tickets can be purchased via the Club Ticket Office, over the phone on 0161 786 1570, or online here.

Now, i wonder why you omitted that? Well its obvious, so you can win the internet.

And actually yes it should be explicit how you buy tickets. I shouldnt be expected to follow a season ticket link and just know that is where i can buy a match ticket.

Its a part of my job and that would never ever get signed off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Bradford one at £28 is part of our premier club offering with a private bar and other benefits hence the extra fee(this is a small section at back of stand?) £23 is the price for a central position at Odsal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bulls24 said:

The Bradford one at £28 is part of our premier club offering with a private bar and other benefits hence the extra fee(this is a small section at back of stand?) £23 is the price for a central position at Odsal.

The Salford one looks like you get lounge access or other unmentioned benefits for that price. Seats a block along are 26.50.

Its where using expensive seats is flawed to compare.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

These figures are an incorrect way of showing ticket prices. It should be off cheapest tickets as this is not a true representation.

 

mods please close this down as these figures can be damaging

Shutting down an interesting thread isn't the answer, but we will have a fuller picture if we look across all ticket ranges.

Wakefield looks cheap on that comparison, but suspect there is less of a range of prices than, say, Warrington where there several kinds of accommodation.

I do agree it is damaging when people give the impression certain grounds are a rip-off. I rememver when Wire played at London last year, people were saying not to go down because it was £8 a pont in the ground, which was completely false. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.