Sign in to follow this  
daz39

2018 Admission prices

Done a quick internet search to find out what clubs are charging this year, I've taken the prices for central seating prices for comparison.

Interesting to see the disparity gap between top and bottom in the Super League and League 1, mainly down to Bradford,  but the Championship are all more or less the same, obviously there are cheaper options at a lot of clubs but some of the prices are pretty high really when we presume Rugby League, and moreso, Super League is quite cheap compared to Football etc.

Super League

Castleford - £27

Catalans £31

Huddersfield £25

Hull FC £28

Hull KR £26

Leeds £32

Salford £36.50

St Helens £30

Wakefield £23

Warrington £30.50

Widnes £36.50

Wigan £28 (based on 2017 prices)

Championship

Barrow £17

Batley £17

Dewsbury £17

Featherstone £18

Halifax £20

Leigh £23

London £20

Rochdale £16

Sheffield £17

Swinton £18

Toronto £17

Toulouse £18

League One

Bradford £28 :O

Coventry £12

Doncaster £15

Hemel N/A

Hunslet £15

Keighley £18

London Sk N/A

Newcastle £15

North Wales £10

Oldham £16

West Wales £10

Whitehaven £16

Workington £15

York £15

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Are those number accurate? If i go on Widnes site now im not offered a ticket for 36 quid.

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Done a quick internet search to find out what clubs are charging this year, I've taken the prices for central seating prices for comparison.

Interesting to see the disparity gap between top and bottom in the Super League and League 1, mainly down to Bradford,  but the Championship are all more or less the same, obviously there are cheaper options at a lot of clubs but some of the prices are pretty high really when we presume Rugby League, and moreso, Super League is quite cheap compared to Football etc.

Super League

Castleford - £27

Catalans £31

Huddersfield £25

Hull FC £28

Hull KR £26

Leeds £32

Salford £36.50

St Helens £30

Wakefield £23

Warrington £30.50

Widnes £36.50

Championship

Barrow £17

Batley £17

Dewsbury £17

Featherstone £18

Halifax £20

Leigh £23

London £20

Rochdale £16

Sheffield £17

Swinton £18

Toronto £17

Toulouse £18

League One

Coventry £12

Doncaster £15

Hemel N/A

Hunslet £15

Keighley £18

London Sk N/A

Newcastle £15

North Wales £10

Oldham £16

West Wales £10

Whitehaven £16

Workington £15

York £15

You need to look at cheapest and most expensive. This looks like Widnes and Salford are expensive and that isnt true.

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I clicked on Salford and i cant even find out how to buy a match ticket!

Really? It takes two clicks from arriving on the website to be on the ticket portal

3 hours ago, daz39 said:

Super League

Castleford - £27

Catalans £31

Huddersfield £25

Hull FC £28

Hull KR £26

Leeds £32

Salford £36.50

St Helens £30

Wakefield £23

Warrington £30.50

Widnes £36.50

Championship

Barrow £17

Batley £17

Dewsbury £17

Featherstone £18

Halifax £20

Leigh £23

London £20

Rochdale £16

Sheffield £17

Swinton £18

Toronto £17

Toulouse £18

League One

Coventry £12

Doncaster £15

Hemel N/A

Hunslet £15

Keighley £18

London Sk N/A

Newcastle £15

North Wales £10

Oldham £16

West Wales £10

Whitehaven £16

Workington £15

York £15

Been told Hemel Stags  £9-00, Hospitality package £23-00, this includes admission, 2 course meal an complimentary bar for 1 an 1/2 hours before k /o..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philipw said:

Really? It takes two clicks from arriving on the website to be on the ticket portal

Obviously your site is different to mine. Click on tickets all it offers is season tickets.

Click on fixtures and then the Wigan game and it takes you to the season ticket page.

1 hour ago, philipw said:

Worked it out now. You have to click the "season tickets can be purchased online here" link in a busy body of copy.

Absolutely incompetent, but they arent on their own with their website tbh.

44 minutes ago, newbe said:

Been told Hemel Stags  £9-00, Hospitality package £23-00, this includes admission, 2 course meal an complimentary bar for 1 an 1/2 hours before k /o..

Complimentary? I think i could make my entrance fee and train fare back in that time!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Wakefield is good value at that price.

• Like 1

At most clubs the largest number of people pay the cheapest adult admission price. That's what we should be comparing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mattrhino said:

Well the main stand is nothing but a glorified shed.

Watching a good side at a ground with history (run down or not) would suit me fine.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, M j M said:

At most clubs the largest number of people pay the cheapest adult admission price. That's what we should be comparing.

Yup, especially when you are mentioning comparisons to football, as their most expensive ticket would dwarf 36 quid.

These figures are an incorrect way of showing ticket prices. It should be off cheapest tickets as this is not a true representation.

mods please close this down as these figures can be damaging

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dave T said:

Obviously your site is different to mine. Click on tickets all it offers is season tickets.

Click on fixtures and then the Wigan game and it takes you to the season ticket page.

No, click on tickets, then on the highlighted text like that says 'online here'. 

Why, is that incompetent? Does it have to be so explicit? Or can people to navigate a website all by themselves?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

These figures are an incorrect way of showing ticket prices. It should be off cheapest tickets as this is not a true representation.

Why? The OP clearly states that it is a comparison of central seating prices. He doesn't suggest they are a comparison of cheapest prices

14 minutes ago, philipw said:

No, click on tickets, then on the highlighted text like that says 'online here'. 

Why, is that incompetent? Does it have to be so explicit? Or can people to navigate a website all by themselves?

Erm, that sentence in full is:

Season Tickets can be purchased via the Club Ticket Office, over the phone on 0161 786 1570, or online here.

Now, i wonder why you omitted that? Well its obvious, so you can win the internet.

And actually yes it should be explicit how you buy tickets. I shouldnt be expected to follow a season ticket link and just know that is where i can buy a match ticket.

Its a part of my job and that would never ever get signed off.

• Like 1

The Bradford one at £28 is part of our premier club offering with a private bar and other benefits hence the extra fee(this is a small section at back of stand?) £23 is the price for a central position at Odsal.

2 minutes ago, bulls24 said:

The Bradford one at £28 is part of our premier club offering with a private bar and other benefits hence the extra fee(this is a small section at back of stand?) £23 is the price for a central position at Odsal.

The Salford one looks like you get lounge access or other unmentioned benefits for that price. Seats a block along are 26.50.

Its where using expensive seats is flawed to compare.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Shutting down an interesting thread isn't the answer, but we will have a fuller picture if we look across all ticket ranges.

Wakefield looks cheap on that comparison, but suspect there is less of a range of prices than, say, Warrington where there several kinds of accommodation.

I do agree it is damaging when people give the impression certain grounds are a rip-off. I rememver when Wire played at London last year, people were saying not to go down because it was £8 a pont in the ground, which was completely false.