Sign in to follow this  
The Manc Yank

Success in North America

7 hours ago, The Daddy said:

But what stadiums are available in New York itself? 

The article mentioned a stadium near Coney Island.  I have no idea where they would play.  That’s the million dollar question.  Red Bull Arena is too big and too far away from the city.  

The Coney Island stadium would be the Brooklyn Cyclones minor league baseball one I think. Good choice. The Brooklyn Bolts minor league football team also played there a couple of years ago and it looked decent for a rectangular field.

I actually thought it would have been a good venue for USA vs Russia or Georgia in RU since nearby Brighton Beach has a big ex Soviet population.

14 minutes ago, The Manc Yank said:

The article mentioned a stadium near Coney Island.  I have no idea where they would play.  That’s the million dollar question.  Red Bull Arena is too big and too far away from the city.  

Wiki says its a 25k stadium which isnt really that big.Wigan,Hull & Huddersfield manage ok in same size stadiums

In saying that, though, it's gonna be tough to convince a baseball team to share their field with a contact sport in-season. Brooklyn Bolts played in the fall when minor league baseball is over.

10 hours ago, westside said:

The Coney Island stadium would be the Brooklyn Cyclones minor league baseball one I think. Good choice. The Brooklyn Bolts minor league football team also played there a couple of years ago and it looked decent for a rectangular field.

I actually thought it would have been a good venue for USA vs Russia or Georgia in RU since nearby Brighton Beach has a big ex Soviet population.

The problem is the stadium wasnt built for anything other than baseball. The sight lines will be horrendous, especially since it appears they dont have outfield seating. Just look up pictures of NYCFC playing at Yankee Stadium, whole sections of seats angled away from the field of play.

In the end, any successful RL team in New York is eventually going to have to play in New Jersey or Nassau County if it wants a world class stadium. There just isn't any really large space in the actual city that wont come without an outrageous price tag for the land.

The RU MLR team is reportedly playing in Gaelic Park up in the Bronx and then building even farther north beyond that. Very hard to do in one of the 5 boroughs. 

7 hours ago, TheReaper said:

The RU MLR team is reportedly playing in Gaelic Park up in the Bronx and then building even farther north beyond that. Very hard to do in one of the 5 boroughs. 

Why not work with the mlr side to stadi share ?

• Like 1

On 1/25/2018 at 12:17 PM, winnyason said:

Xfl just relaunched will this effect budding USA rugby league franchises ?

Good question. Not sure how long XFL will last for.  That would be the same demographic I’d appeal to for league.  What do you think?  

3 hours ago, The Manc Yank said:

Good question. Not sure how long XFL will last for.  That would be the same demographic I’d appeal to for league.  What do you think?  

He got a product in wwe with no competition and its turned to ######.

It wont work i like nfl alot also crazy phins fans (who signs cutler really ). This product needs geniune feeder league for nfl which xfl should be a rival comp wont work. His last effort gained average crowds of 25 thousand but tv networks walked away.

Both rugby codes have imo a huge oppotunity in usa now there interest from investors but things such as xfl will muddy waters. Major league rugby starts this season on the league side of things the wolfpack are in and fingers crossed on other franchises, but now mcmahon going to bidding for stadiums and athletes it may affect things 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1