Sign in to follow this  
Hvy wg

Hull FC - Catalans warm up

Catalans :

Mead, Broughton, Thornley, Wiliame, Yaha, Langi, Walsh, Casty, Aiton, Moa, Garcia, Bird, Bousquet

Subs : Simon, Duport, Baitieri, Tierney, Jullien, Albert, Maria, Da Costa.

Hull not full strength but not bad. Missing Shaul, Taylor, Manu, Minichiello, Bowden and Green. Good opportunity for Fash and Matongo to stick their hands up again and another chance for Miloudi to show what he can do at full back, he was encouraging against Hull KR playing mostly with youngsters. Will be interesting to see what he can do with a few more strike players around him.

1 hour ago, Hvy wg said:

Catalans :

Mead, Broughton, Thornley, Wiliame, Yaha, Langi, Walsh, Casty, Aiton, Moa, Garcia, Bird, Bousquet

Subs : Simon, Duport, Baitieri, Tierney, Jullien, Albert, Maria, Da Costa.

If the likes of Romano, belmas and Perez etc aren’t even in the 17 for a friendly I honestly can’t see them being given a shot in a super league fixture unless the dragons suffer some injuries.

3 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

If the likes of Romano, belmas and Perez etc aren’t even in the 17 for a friendly I honestly can’t see them being given a shot in a super league fixture unless the dragons suffer some injuries.

I know what you mean. Coach probably feels he wants to play his strongest players And let the inevitable injuries take care of providing opportunity for younger French talent, unless someone Is really outstanding at training. 

The squad for the coming year looks good and I can see top 4 as possible... A better half back would be nice though! 

18 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

I know what you mean. Coach probably feels he wants to play his strongest players And let the inevitable injuries take care of providing opportunity for younger French talent, unless someone Is really outstanding at training. 

The squad for the coming year looks good and I can see top 4 as possible... A better half back would be nice though! 

The halfback options for the dragons are gash and I can’t see them getting anywhere near the top 4. I think they’ll be lucky to make the top 8. I just hope the young French players get a opportunity to see what they can do.

5 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

Those three are in the St Esteve squad to play Carcassone along with Seguier. No idea why the hell Perez is still wasting his time at the club.

Radford said he was going to have a chat with McNamara before the game and plan substitutions to make sure both sides had similar ability players on the pitch throughout the game, to make sure it doesnt end up with loads of kids on at the same time looking out of their depth against seasoned opposition. Should be a decent game. No Watts either for Hull so it will be a really young pack. Good chance to test themselves against a big physical team.

According to a poster on RLFans, Hull are using this squad today :

Jordan Abdull
Jake Connor
Josh Griffin
Bureta Faraimo
Brad Fash
Dean Hadley
Danny Houghton
Albert Kelly
Jordan Lane
Jack Logan
Masi Matongo
Hakim Miloudi
Mickey Paea
Cameron Scott
Marc Sneyd
Fetuli Talanoa
Carlos Tuimavave
Jansin Turgut
Danny Washbrook
Liam Watts

A few missing still but a lot stronger than I expected.

Any updates appreciated if you'e  going please MZH.

Dragons 0 v 4 FC 

Faraimo try. Sneyd missed con

Edited by Guest

Not the best first half you will ever see, a bit scrappy, but kind of to be expected in this weather. I would say Catalans have been marginally the better side but never looked too threatening when they have got on our line. Only really looked dangerous from kicks. They try did concede was pretty soft.

Faraimo has been completely overlooked on here when talking about best signings etc, but he could be a good un. I certainly wouldnt want to have to tackle him.

Finished 24-10

Horrible weather and a pretty horrible game at times. Thought Hull's young bench players held their own really well against what is pretty much Catalans best side, but neither side will have learned very much I dont think.

32 minutes ago, MZH said:

Finished 24-10

Horrible weather and a pretty horrible game at times. Thought Hull's young bench players held their own really well against what is pretty much Catalans best side, but neither side will have learned very much I dont think.

So both sides will have learned much then? :huh: :wink:

Sounds like us Hull fans will have a fair bit to look forward to from Paea and Faraimo from listening to the game.

2 hours ago, walter sobchak said:

Conversation missed.

fc 10 v 4 dragons

Should have had a pal with you then.

Pity there was such a low crowd you had to shout to the next nearest person. Even OF swerved the game...no doubt they had seen enough in their big game last week.