Sign in to follow this  
mickhornet

Dale match off. Pitch waterlogged.

What would be the chances of Hornets playing all their home games at Mayfield`s ground (Mayfield permitting), because I can`t see them playing at Spotland for a good while yet. Even Dale might be struggling to play on that shambles of a pitch, such is the state it`s in and though Hornets have every right to play on it, I`m sure there`ll be moves in the Dale boardroom to keep Hornets off it considering the dire position Dale are in, plus of course the chance that they could be hosting Spurs in the 5th round of the  FA Cup in a couple of weeks. Just a thought, but it`s not good if Hornets will only be playing once a fortnight and all away at that.

Well, there you go, who knows when either of the codes will get back on the park? Snow, rain, freezing even when it`s not snowing or raining, so absolutely no chance of the ground recovering.

On 2/3/2018 at 6:28 AM, DiddyDave said:

What would be the chances of Hornets playing all their home games at Mayfield`s ground (Mayfield permitting), because I can`t see them playing at Spotland for a good while yet. Even Dale might be struggling to play on that shambles of a pitch, such is the state it`s in and though Hornets have every right to play on it, I`m sure there`ll be moves in the Dale boardroom to keep Hornets off it considering the dire position Dale are in, plus of course the chance that they could be hosting Spurs in the 5th round of the  FA Cup in a couple of weeks. Just a thought, but it`s not good if Hornets will only be playing once a fortnight and all away at that.

No chance 

Relations between Dale and Hornets have never been better.See the official site.Put the Batley game on the back burner,and concentrate on  the Swinton match. Don't Panic!

Hope relations are good enough for compensation to be paid to us due to paying rent to play on a pitch unfit for purpose. Plus loss of income from two rearranged matches to a weeknight and one totally postponed friendly.

But i guess not

Just seen Dale's game tonight is on,Jack Dearden tweeted a video from Spotland. Blimey I know at the Law Cup the pitch was bad but that's horrendous. Hope some solution is found for it and it doesn't affect Hornets championship games for long. Be a shame if you can't play home games at home because of the pitch issues.

Check out @TheJackDearden’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/TheJackDearden/status/960926087390822400?s=09

Edited by roughyed34

Just seen the pitch on Twitter and briefly on TV, wow I hope they can sort it.As 34 said it's worse than it was for the law cup.

Surely if the soccer can be played then the rugby can be.Any more postponements will no doubt impact you later in the season. Plus the loss of some revenue due to postponed games being more than likely midweek.As I said before I hope they can provide a decent surface to play on.

6 hours ago, excolt said:

Congratulations to Dale, the more money they make the more chance of pitch lmprovements. 

A bad surface narrows the skill factor.Man City lost to Halifax in the cup played on a bog.Its on the box as well.

8 hours ago, ipods4ever said:

With spurs coming (if they win tonight ) how will that affect any hornets games? 

Dale play Newport/Spurs on Sunday 18th . Its on BBC at 4 o clock. Here's an idea how about a double header.If Hornets play Swinton  KO at 1 o clock  there should be enough time to remark the pitch change the post and level out the sand in time for Dale to kick off.

Before I get any silly replys.

Ktongue_in_cheek.gif

5 hours ago, mickhornet said:

The Dews home game scheduled for the 18th is off.

Who says it's off the club are waiting for confirmation from your club. 

18 hours ago, coolie said:

Who says it's off the club are waiting for confirmation from your club. 

They are trying to find an alternative date or venue, and are in talks with Dews .It cant be 3 pm on the 18th due to

the FA Cup game scheduled Dale v Spurs.