Sign in to follow this  
Harry Stottle

Leigh 14 Wigan 22

Good hard contest, both nearl full strength teams, 2 points in it with 3 mins to go knock on frpm Leigh on first tackle Wigan score, Sam Tomkins and Naverette looked good for Wigan, Leigh debuted at least 11, big strong pack and seemingly very good 7 in Hutchinson, will only improve the more they play together, future looking good.

20 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good hard contest, both nearl full strength teams, 2 points in it with 3 mins to go knock on frpm Leigh on first tackle Wigan score, Sam Tomkins and Naverette looked good for Wigan, Leigh debuted at least 11, big strong pack and seemingly very good 7 in Hutchinson, will only improve the more they play together, future looking good.

In what positions did ST and Navarette play, please, HS?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Full Back and Second Row

Thanks.

48 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh a work in progress i think which bodes well for Toronto if they come with all guns blazing,a few players carrying a bit to much timber or maybe thats just the shape of them ?Big French lad Looks like he could be a hand full when he's up to speed and Thompson looked good.All in all very happy with that for a first hit out

1 minute ago, jpmc said:

Leigh a work in progress i think which bodes well for Toronto if they come with all guns blazing,a few players carrying a bit to much timber or maybe thats just the shape of them ?Big French lad Looks like he could be a hand full when he's up to speed and Thompson looked good.All in all very happy with that for a first hit out

Would you replace any of the new lads, with those departed over the Atlantic?

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Would you replace any of the new lads, with those departed over the Atlantic?

No,I think this team will be as good if not better than 2016 team and this team has youth on its side.

Thought Richards did well too,last season he looked out of his depth

9 minutes ago, jpmc said:

No,I think this team will be as good if not better than 2016 team and this team has youth on its side.

Thought Richards did well too,last season he looked out of his depth

I will agree with that, but I can't agree that TWP will have to much for them, they obviously have greater expierience but this new Leigh team will have a lot more in the engines, that was particularly impressive today, on some of the kick chases they left nothing short, and at last we have a midfield general in Hutchinson.

1 minute ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Did Jack Owens play for Leigh?

Is he likely to start the season?

Came on for a stint in the middle of the match on the wing 

2 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I will agree with that, but I can't agree that TWP will have to much for them, they obviously have greater expierience but this new Leigh team will have a lot more in the engines, that was particularly impressive today, on some of the kick chases they left nothing short, and at last we have a midfield general in Hutchinson.

I think we'll be a slow starting team again harry like 2016 and the loss to Batley in the opening game,i wouldnt mind following the same path this season.

Put Toronto in their place and then lose to Batley,i could live with that

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Came on for a stint in the middle of the match on the wing 

Scored as well didnt he?

2 minutes ago, jpmc said:

Scored as well didnt he?

He did, Mata'utia and Vaivai got the others. Vaivai in particular looks a real handful at prop and caused some problems in his stint. Jordan Thompson deserved his MOM though, got through a mountain of work. 

26 minutes ago, LeytherRob said:

He did, Mata'utia and Vaivai got the others. Vaivai in particular looks a real handful at prop and caused some problems in his stint. Jordan Thompson deserved his MOM though, got through a mountain of work. 

Mata'utia looks like he's got a bit of fire in him,good job he missed with that head shot at the start of the second half

Tomkins switched to 7 for a bit I believe when Escare came on. I wasn't there though, listened on the radio.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Not on tv so presumably a full house.

They had ladders to climb in, I believe there is also now a danger of subsidence around the car park where the tunnels were dug.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, East Coast Tiger said:

Oh yeah? Did Derek let them in? What is Wigan TV's deal with the rest of the league?

Wigan run everything, we don't do deals, you want to a deal about rugby you come to us, we don't do house calls, especially to outlying suburbs.