Various super league predictions

Col81

Ive placed bets on all 3 markets as follows:

Top try scorer

Greg Eden @ 8/1

Seems by far the most likely winner, biggest risks are arguably injury or playing full back...

Tom Johnson e/w @ 20/1

Wakey look fairly strong these year and I think Johnson will be the go to finisher.  Will also get a few wonder tries to boost his tally..

Man of Steel

James Roby @16/1

Thought he was immense in world cup.  Predict a huge season for Saints with him as a key component.  

Albert Kelly @22/1

If Hull have a big season Kelly will.  At his best he's unplayable and if he can be more consistent probably won't get dar away.

Regular Season Winner

Saints @ 9/2 (I think)

The Saints top 17 looks immense to me.  I think the coach will continue to eek out improvement and just can't see them losing many games. 

I've also backed them to win Grand Final @ 5/1 and a 16/1 request a bet ' Saints to be top and Widnes bottom after 23 rounds'.

Some very good thinks you have said. I bet heavily on nearly all games but this year I am doing some heavy anti post bets. My only concern with roby is limited game time. If Barba fires nobody in the league can touch him

2 hours ago, Col81 said:

Some very good thinks you have said. I bet heavily on nearly all games but this year I am doing some heavy anti post bets. My only concern with roby is limited game time. If Barba fires nobody in the league can touch him

Yeah like a good bet myself mate.

Looks to be some decent markets this year, like players to make it into the dream team by position and a few bookies doing top try scorer by team.   Annoyingly though you can't use these markets in multiples (was hoping to do a couple of 'dream team lucky 15's'  and try scorer lucky 15's)

Agree Barba is best player in the league if firing but I also think the way in which the MOS is selected could lean towards Roby (talented but with a phenominal workrate and leadership, type of player other players love playing with).  Plus he offers a bit more value.

A few more bets I quite like but haven't played yet:

Albert Kelly @6/1 to make dream team half backs

Reagan Grace 6/1 dream team winger

Stevie Ward 8/1 dream team back row

Jack Walker 8/1 Albert GoldThorpe rookie of the year (assume he's eligable)

David Fifita 16/1 dream time prop

Bit of a shortie but Justin Carney @ 7/4 to be Hull KR's top scorer (failing injury or repeated suspension) looks a good thing.

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

If Barba hits his top form he will be comfortably the best player in SL with a game perfectly suited to SL. But that is a big if. Saints need to play to his strengths to get any use out of him because he will make errors and wont excel on the basics. Big questions about saints for me are the pack, where bar Walmsley and Roby i think they are workmanlike and squaring the circle of how to play with Lomax, Fages, Smith and Barba. They do look a good first 17 and i think they will come good. Holbrook looks like he knows what he is doing and they look the team to beat in 2018.

I think MoS and Top tryscorer are always something of a punt so you are better going for outsiders. Joel Moon at 40/1 looks decent value, settled at S-O and i think Leeds will be there or thereabouts at the very least. I also think George Williams at 66/1 looks a crazy price considering thats the same price as Adam Cuthbertson.

For MoS i think Cuthbertson at 33/1 is decent value. good things at Leeds start with him or Parcell and if he puts in a shift anything like he has been I can see there been a bit of a campaign behind him. David Fifita at 100/1 is a bit of a punt aswell but if Wakefield do well he will do a lot of eye-catching stuff. 

Price becomes a bit irrelevant on top try scorer though mate when you get down the list to players like Williams and Moon.  Might as well be 1000/1 in my opinion (although Cuthbertson might as well be 10000/1!). Last season 7 of the top 10 including the top 4 were wingers.  Reality is modern tactics are heavily focused on creating space for wingers.  Cas left edge is always a decent call because of the attacking style hence us providing run away top try scorers for the last 2 seasons (surprised I found Eden at 8/1 to be honest).  It's hard to imagine a scenario, other than Leeds winning numerous games by big margins and a freak epididemic of long term injuries to wingers that a half like Moon would even make each way money.

Re Mos, I can see why Fifita might be worth a small punt, limiting factor with him is just his lack of minutes imo.

Personally, I think Purcell at 20/1 probably offers better value than Cuthbertson.

TBF I'm usually wrong though so you might want to lump on Joel Moon for top try scorer!

9 hours ago, Gates1 said:

Yeah like a good bet myself mate.

Looks to be some decent markets this year, like players to make it into the dream team by position and a few bookies doing top try scorer by team.   Annoyingly though you can't use these markets in multiples (was hoping to do a couple of 'dream team lucky 15's'  and try scorer lucky 15's)

Agree Barba is best player in the league if firing but I also think the way in which the MOS is selected could lean towards Roby (talented but with a phenominal workrate and leadership, type of player other players love playing with).  Plus he offers a bit more value.

A few more bets I quite like but haven't played yet:

Albert Kelly @6/1 to make dream team half backs

Reagan Grace 6/1 dream team winger

Stevie Ward 8/1 dream team back row

Jack Walker 8/1 Albert GoldThorpe rookie of the year (assume he's eligable)

David Fifita 16/1 dream time prop

Bit of a shortie but Justin Carney @ 7/4 to be Hull KR's top scorer (failing injury or repeated suspension) looks a good thing.

I just think Eden will get marked out of games this year everyone knows what he is about. He isn't a suprise now. Same with mcgilvery. Grace looks a good punt

1 hour ago, Col81 said:

I just think Eden will get marked out of games this year everyone knows what he is about. He isn't a suprise now. Same with mcgilvery. Grace looks a good punt

Certainly be harder for Eden this year, but Solomona scored even more then Eden on the left edge the year before. So although Eden may have been a suprise success last year Cas's left edge attack certainly wasnt and teams weren't able to effectively defend it. 

Archived