Sign in to follow this  
NickWeaver

Bradford Rumors

Rumour going around on Twitter that the good Doctor is interested in buying the Bulls who are holding a press conference tomorrow at 2:00pm

Really hope this is true, SL needs a strong well financed Bradford.

I'll believe it when I see it. I think the Bulls have planned to announce an apparently decent signing this week anyway, so I would guess tomorrow's conference might be that. 

Edit - IF it was true though, and it's been in the works for a while, perhaps the timing makes sense now that the court case has been settled...!

Edited by Amber Avenger

Just when you thought as a Bradford supporter it was safe to go back in the water...

We know there is a signing to be announced.  One hopes that they have not fallen into the Bulls 3.0 "Richie Mathers" trap of getting people's hopes and expectations raised unduly.  Those of us who had the Bullbuilder tour of the Tong Centre on Thursday may have seen a name on a peg that was not a current player, which may or may not be the signing in question. 

Would be really nice to be pleasantly surprised, I'll admit! Although whether Bulls fans could take more good news, so soon after the Kear appointment, is perhaps a moot point!

As for the Doc, well the rumours about him and/or Wood buying in - and maybe Chalmers being the interim caretaker - keep cropping up from time to time. As does speculation about the future of the great elephant in the room aka the big hole in the ground.  As Amber says, though, I'll believe any of it only if or when we see it with our own eyes.

56 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Really hope this is true, SL needs a strong well financed Bradford.

That's as may be, but John Kear said on Thursday night the objective was to earn a place back in SL in five or six years time.  So I'd not hold your breath!

Graham Lowe's half share was reportedly on offer for ~£700,00 ... approximately ten times the amount that Dr Koukash's wife (;)?) was rumoured to have offered to buy the whole shebang under one of the previous liquidation / administration scenarios when we definitely weren't in League 1. . Why would Dr and Mrs Koukash wish to be involved now? Maybe they would if they were in liaison with the RFL and Superleague and advised of likely future developments.

Bradford Council owns the ground and, as far as I know, no one in central government has recently  highlighted the council as a paragon of of straight dealing.

As the Chinese saying goes, maybe our immediate destiny is to live in interesting times. After all, the club's training centre is in Tong. And recent administrations have perhaps been Minging.

Scriptwriters for Coronation St, Emmerdale Farm and Eastenders are desperate for fresh storylines and are probably monitoring this forum as we speak. Don't be surprised if, in a couple of weeks, Seth Armstrong gets into a feud with the Mitchell Brothers over the burger bar rights in the Rovers Return carpark.

I'm here all week.

:D

• Like 1

I actually think Bradford are an easily problem to solve if you are willing to chuck a big enough lump of capital at it.  Provide a new ground and you are half way there..

8 minutes ago, Gates1 said:

...Provide a new ground and you are there..

Apologies for editing for accuracy!

3 minutes ago, Adeybull said:

Could be interesting, assuming Koukash is as wealthy as reported it's really not beyond the realms of possibility.  Club would be easy to run as self funding following the  (albeit big) capital investment.

2 hours ago, Adeybull said:

1 hour ago, Gates1 said:

Could be interesting, assuming Koukash is as wealthy as reported it's really not beyond the realms of possibility.  Club would be easy to run as self funding following the  (albeit big) capital investment.

3 minutes ago, fieldofclothofgold said:

has Mick commented ?

Of all the new teams I've learned about I'm beginning to believe that Bradford is the most like 'Coronation Street'; does the ongoing drama with Bradford EVER end?  Is this like, par for the course?

2 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Of all the new teams I've learned about I'm beginning to believe that Bradford is the most like 'Coronation Street'; does the ongoing drama with Bradford EVER end?  Is this like, par for the course?

Unless William Roache  or his Aussie counterpart Ray Meagher are in it, it cannot be classed as a soap opera!

The nearest one is the classic US comedy Soap

Now someone has mentioned the Doctor I was hoping it was Who not Koucash, as most Bulls Fans would dearly like him to turn the Clock back to where Caisley is stopped from signing Harris and disappears for good in a huff!

• Like 1

Whether this comes to pass only time will tell but if it does I agree with Tre Cool in that it wouldn't be a huge surprise.

I think splashing the cash would probably lead to more tangible results than it did at Salford where success on the field is more likely to be matched by healthy crowds. And I for one miss having Bradford in Super League.

One the other hand, after a period of such turbulence, is a maverick like Koukash really what the Bulls need?

I would be very surprised if Koukash is going anywhere before the end of the season at least.

Everything he's put on twitter in the last few weeks suggests he's still heavily linked with Salford through sponsorships and being a shoulder to lean on should they need him.

6 minutes ago, jpmc said:

I would be very surprised if Koukash is going anywhere before the end of the season at least.

Everything he's put on twitter in the last few weeks suggests he's still heavily linked with Salford through sponsorships and being a shoulder to lean on should they need him.

yes, I think Salford fans would have every right to be pretty pee'd off with him if he went to Bradford right now.

I think it would need a bit of time - maybe the end of the season as you suggest.