Sign in to follow this  
Vambo

Panorama - Blackburn follow up

Not too long ago the Panorama programme White Fright: Britain Divided was brought up in a discussion.

Tonight Panorama return to Blackburn to see if things have improved.

Should be interesting.

I personally feel the town is still very segregated and if anything more so. Guess I'll find out what Panorama have to say about it.

8:30 tonight.

Edited by Vambo
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Vambo said:

Not too long ago the Panorama programme White Fright: Britain Divided was brought up in a discussion.

Tonight Panorama return to Blackburn to see if things have improved.

Should be interesting.

I personally feel the town is still very segregated and if anything more so. Guess I'll find out what Panorama have to say about it.

8:30 tonight.

Thanks for this.  I will be watching it as I saw the original and found it fascinating (as well as alarming and sad).

• Like 2

I watched this programme and was disappointed. I thought it reflected most the changes in attitude at the BBC.

The original Panorama programme was fascinating because it was neutral.  It explored both sides and the possible reasons why the divisions existed.  This time around however the feeling of the programme was very much a lobbying push for approval of Muslims, how they have been picked on (Prevent strategy, etc) and how the white people are the baddies.  I was tempted to switch off when I realised what the message was but I stuck with it to see if it improved as time went on.  I didn't think it did.

No surprise that the divisions have increased and the Muslim percentage of the population in Blackburn has grown.  With the rapid immigration we have seen over the last ten years (as referred to during the programme) there was only ever going to be that outcome.

It is no surprise either that this government hasn't taken on board the recommendations of the report it commissioned.  Imagine a Tory government trying to fix this. It would be eaten alive.

Edited by Saintslass
  • Like 1