Sign in to follow this  
Blackpool Hawk

York vs Hunslet

Looking forward to Sunday’s trip to York, will be interesting to see what happens, your last hit out and our first one. Seems like your having a good pre-season so we will have all on! Hope it’s a good work out for both teams with no injuries! 👍

Will the terrace behind the sticks be open?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blackpool Hawk said:

Looking forward to Sunday’s trip to York, will be interesting to see what happens, your last hit out and our first one. Seems like your having a good pre-season so we will have all on! Hope it’s a good work out for both teams with no injuries! 👍

Will the terrace behind the sticks be open?

Dont think so, if they open it they have to pay for the security and its not worth while, looking forward to the game with all the old boys playing.

Edited by spanishknight
  • Thanks 1

Ok, will you have enough room for us all in your main stand? 

Don't think you will see any old boys on show Sunday.

Gutted to miss another game as still on hols, should be a good 

workout for both teams , as the hawk says hopefully an injury free match.

As for capacity our main stand holds about 1700, so with your normal travelling support can't see any problems there.

Keep me informed boy's.  Up the kneets.😀😀😀.

3 hours ago, Blackpool Hawk said:

Ok, will you have enough room for us all in your main stand? 

Don't think you will see any old boys on show Sunday.

It holds about 1.5K so the 36 from Hunslet should be O.K.

Edited by spanishknight

15 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, davet said:

the "or" has been missed out of the middle of 56!!

50 on bus going to Haxby club to see Tony I believe, 20 of us on train heading to Bootham Tavern to see my mate Nicola, see you Sunday 👍

6 hours ago, Blackpool Hawk said:

50 on bus going to Haxby club to see Tony I believe, 20 of us on train heading to Bootham Tavern to see my mate Nicola, see you Sunday 👍

Go easy on the shandies you Boy's, its north Yorks now bit stronger than you Southerners are used to , that applies to the tackling as well.

Up the kneets.😀😀😀.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I was just on the Hunslet forum and several of the fans were quite bullish on Hunslet prospects this year with King of Leon believing they would finish 2nd ahead of York.  So in my mind this game, although preseason, will be an acid test of his optimism. 

• Like 1

If Hunslet win on Sunday, they will walk this league, if they get beat then its only a friendly, we get this every year from them, they have a couple of new players again mostly ex Knights, can't wait.

• Haha 1

Think this is Hunslets first preseason friendly? and this is our fourth, so we should be a lot more match fit then them. It's all about been ready for the first league game although a win would be nice 

If we finish in the top 4 we will have had a great season IMO. As for Sunday i fully expect us to get beat given its our first run out and its your last, but i wont be reading aything to that. I just hope its a good game and no injuries for both teams.

Looking forwadd to a day out on the ###### in York, Rugby is back! 

• Like 8

Overall that scoreline flattered us, after an hour of play a neutral would have been wondering which of the teams were playing their first match of the season.

IMO this was a real curates egg of a performance served up by the Knights,  very good in defence but often lacking direction in attack. Although the team has a good mix of young and older players we seemed at times to be desperately lacking an experienced general in the halves to move the side around. 

It was good to see the late flurry of points when we moved the ball about but it remains to be seen how much this was influenced by a tiring Huns outfit who had given their all.

• Like 1

Defensivley we are very solid, and we will be hard to beat this year, if we are to progress out of this league we need to give outselves a chance in games and grind it out at times, when we do throw the ball about a bit we saw glimpses today of what we can do. I think butler flemming and delaney are the key men for us this term. We were much the best today i thought, a bit disjointed at times in the first half but much better late on. Bringonthebulls...in fordy we trust!

9 hours ago, Nearenough said:

Defensivley we are very solid, and we will be hard to beat this year, if we are to progress out of this league we need to give outselves a chance in games and grind it out at times, when we do throw the ball about a bit we saw glimpses today of what we can do. I think butler flemming and delaney are the key men for us this term. We were much the best today i thought, a bit disjointed at times in the first half but much better late on. Bringonthebulls...in fordy we trust!

I see the bulls lost 34.0 to the Wolfpack shame

I was quite impressed with Hunslet yesterday, for better than last season, bags of enthusiasm and played with decent bit of flair, our defence is outstanding though and it was great to see us soak up about 20 minutes in defence then go up the other end and score a great try. 

It's defence that wins you game against the decent teams so if we can switch it on in attack like we did near the end of the game we'll go far this year I reckon. 

Can't wait for the season to start now!

13 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Overall that scoreline flattered us, after an hour of play a neutral would have been wondering which of the teams were playing their first match of the season.

IMO this was a real curates egg of a performance served up by the Knights,  very good in defence but often lacking direction in attack. Although the team has a good mix of young and older players we seemed at times to be desperately lacking an experienced general in the halves to move the side around. 

It was good to see the late flurry of points when we moved the ball about but it remains to be seen how much this was influenced by a tiring Huns outfit who had given their all.

Pretty much the same way as I saw it from the "other side". Shame the score blew out a bit the last five minutes, I'd have been happy with 12-6 or even 18-6 but I guess it was inevitable the extra pre-season games would give York the advantage late on.

It was really a game like a hundred other pre-season I've watched over the years ... I saw players I would put straight into the team for the first game proper, players who didn't do much for me and still have everything to prove, players who not looking ready fitness-wise for the start of the season ... on both sides! And these games are always disjointed in places as coaches quite rightly make numerous changes to try things out and give different players a chance to show what they can do. I'm sure both coaches would have taken a lot from the game.

Anyway I believe that was your final pre-season run-out, so all the best against Bradford in the first game proper! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/01/2018 at 1:05 PM, spanishknight said:

Well at least 36 would be three times more than you took to Toronto wouldn't it ?

5 hours ago, hogman said:

Well at least 36 would be three times more than you took to Toronto wouldn't it ?

Be interesting comparing our attendance's with your this season 

Think I'll just leave it at that.

• Like 1

Well done. Your city is 6 times bigger than Hunslet. Will your crowds be six times bigger ? I think not. 

Will your away support be bigger than Hunslet. I think not.

Think i'll just leave it at that.

• Haha 1