2018 Player Stats

RogerT

Here it is folks the matrix for the new season. Once I know how many of the 5 match suspensions carry over to the new season I will add them to the naughty step for Joel Farrell.

Cheers Roger

scan0001.jpg

2 minutes ago, RogerT said:

Here it is folks the matrix for the new season. Once I know how many of the 5 match suspensions carry over to the new season I will add them to the naughty step for Joel Farrell.

Cheers Roger

scan0001.jpg

I think youcan only have 2 friendlies count 

IMG_0583.JPG

Now now, be fair, I thought that Farrell was very good disciplinary wise last season. My reasoning is that he was playing with better players, not needing to stand out as much, so didn't need to be the guy who was always up front and personal. 

20 minutes ago, phildog said:

Now now, be fair, I thought that Farrell was very good disciplinary wise last season. My reasoning is that he was playing with better players, not needing to stand out as much, so didn't need to be the guy who was always up front and personal. 

Faz was playing with some good players at the Rams,but he couldn't help himself by having a pop at a opposition player,as you batley fan's saw for yourselves at summer bash. Tbh I think a lot of his anger was down to frustration and poor coaching. Diskin showed a lot of confidence in Faz and that's probably all he needs. Let's face it all you Batley fans treat him as if he was a serial killer when he played for us.

That's true Graham and I admit to not being a great fan of his signing, but he grew on me as he did play very well and buckled down to his game. That he only caught the ref's eye only once does him credit.

It was clear Farrell had talent when he was at Dewsbury, but also clear that he needed to calm down and improve his discipline, so I was pleased with his  signing, but also a little worried, if you see what I mean.

But I was pleasantly surprised overall with his attitude - he generally kept his nose clean in spite of some pretty blatant provocation at times from the opposition. His reputation went before him. Just a pity about that final incident. Let's hope he learns his lesson.

There's a wealth of talent in the squad now - others can take his place if ill-discipline hurts the team.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

So then, at what stage is he able to play? Which game was he sent off in. If he was suspended post season and 2 pre-season games can count, then that makes him available 1st home game?

Last match of the season(the 8's) got 5 matches, yes two friendlies counted also if selected in an international squad that would count as one as well, but was he?.

That means then that either is available to play the 3/4th match of the new season.

RFL Operational Rules,

Sanctions,

D2.53

(a) and (d).

Page 178.

I don't know whether we are allowed to copy these out due to copyright, hence I have only put the references down, so if Joel Farrell was picked for the Jamaican team I count that as three matches thus leaving only two to serve. 

Was he picked and tbh the coach would be daft to pick a suspended player! Still he did coach Dewsbury to mediocrity 

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Archived