Graham

Dave Taylor Ipswich Jets?

Dave Taylor could be thrown a sporting lifeline in Australia.

Having been axed by the Toronto Wolfpack last week for breaking curfew, the man dubbed ‘Coal Train’ will be hard pressed finding an NRL contract.

But the Ipswich Jets are prepared to take a gamble on the former Queensland Origin forward who’s played 181 NRL games with four clubs.

Jets coach Shane Walker told NRL.com Taylor would be welcome at the Queensland Cup club.

Walker runs a recruitment company and says he would find Taylor a job and even help him to buy a house to get his life back on track.

So the first interest shown in Dave Taylor (that we know about) is for him to be a semi professional player with Ipswich Jets.

That’s not to say some professional club somewhere in the world might not take him on if they are desperate and are willing to take a gamble. All the same his mistakes will cost him big time.

On 1/23/2018 at 9:00 PM, Graham said:

So the first interest shown in Dave Taylor (that we know about) is for him to be a semi professional player with Ipswich Jets.

That’s not to say some professional club somewhere in the world might not take him on if they are desperate and are willing to take a gamble. All the same his mistakes will cost him big time.

In honesty i can't see any professional club anywhere in the world touching him with a barge pole. I don't know about being a coal train, i think he's more like a lose cannon.

• Haha 1