JimBronco

NRL Supercoach: TotalRLSCLeague18 League Season Complete. Results and Awards presented

I will look at some of the players that stood out in the NYC Comp in 2017. Players like Zac Lomas (Dragons), Philip Sami (Titans) stood out and are junior Rep players that could get a chance to shine. Melbourne have a couple of potential youngsters who may get a shot some time, even dismissing Brandon Smith, Brodie Croft and Jehrome Hughes. Patrick Felise, Justin Olam from the young guys for example, but I might be tempted to go for Sam Kasiano, who looks in top shape and is just 253,700. Cronulla Sharks had 6 players in the NYC team of 2017 including Kyle Flanighan-son of the Coach...The Dogs have a new Coach who has said he is prepared to blood some young kids. Manly have Salary issues and might be worth looking at some of their young guns especially at Halfback. I have not looked in that much detail, but sure if people looked a bit deeper and the possibility of who might get a chance then there are some bargains out there. Its a bit of a lottery probably for many but you might just get lucky and pick a kid who gets an early start and shines like Cotric last year. Addo Carr was another that stood out after starting the season as a no name. Others might play the odd game even though on the to Watch Out for list.

There are articles on the Daily telegraph that discuss the ins and outs of Super coach but may be behind a paywall.

SC1.JPG.ed790e78dd565ce9f3f24724ee31107a.JPG After a couple of days: 8/20 places taken!

Oachkatzl Simon? I looked it up and it seems to be squirrel in Bavarian/Austrian dialect. Good to know.

Teams look good with a colourful shield. Come on, it's a two minutes job! :-D

Edited by Graham

There are three main dialect groups of Bavarian:

• Northern Bavarian, also spoken in the Upper Franconian district of Wunsiedel;
  • Central Bavarian (along the rivers Isar and Danube, spoken in Munich (by 20% of the people), Upper Bavaria, Lower Bavaria, southern Upper Palatinate, the Swabian district of Aichach-Friedberg, the northern parts of the State of Salzburg, Upper Austria, Lower Austria, Vienna and the Northern Burgenland)
  • Southern Bavarian (in Tyrol, South Tyrol, Carinthia, Styria, and the southern parts of Salzburg and Burgenland).

"Oachkazlschwoaf "(Squirrel’s tail) »

"Oachkatzl"(Eichhörnchen=squirrel) and "Schwoaf" (Schweif=tail) are words that are used to test whether you qualify as a native speaker of Bavarian/Austrian dialect.

5 hours ago, Graham said:

SC1.JPG.ed790e78dd565ce9f3f24724ee31107a.JPG After a couple of days: 8/20 places taken!

Oachkatzl Simon? I looked it up and it seems to be squirrel in Bavarian/Austrian dialect. Good to know.

Teams look good with a colourful shield. Come on, it's a two minutes job! :-D

Yes squirrel in certain parts of Bavaria. I was wanting something very different as Tigers, Lions, Various Birds is a bit boring. The idea came from the Mad Squirrels, who play in Czech and the fact I lived in Bayern for over 10 years and for me its home. I understand the dialect better than my wife, who is from Northern Germany (like my family actually) and struggles wi some of the Bavarian words and dialect. 

15 hours ago, Omott91 said:

There are articles on the Daily telegraph that discuss the ins and outs of Super coach but may be behind a paywall.

A lot of the DT material also appears on news.com.au which has no paywall

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lounge Room Lizard said:

Yes squirrel in certain parts of Bavaria. I was wanting something very different as Tigers, Lions, Various Birds is a bit boring. The idea came from the Mad Squirrels, who play in Czech and the fact I lived in Bayern for over 10 years and for me its home. I understand the dialect better than my wife, who is from Northern Germany (like my family actually) and struggles wi some of the Bavarian words and dialect. 

Well how good is that. Thanks for the background information. It’s amazing the broad range of people using this forum from all over the world and with all sorts of life experiences, employment and interests.

Dang šee Simon

and... I love this....

Mei lufdkissnbood is foia åle...

which apparently means ... My hovercraft is full of Eels!

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Well how good is that. Thanks for the background information. It’s amazing the broad range of people using this forum from all over the world and with all sorts of life experiences, employment and interests.

Dang šee Simon

and... I love this....

Mei lufdkissnbood is foia åle...

which apparently means ... My hovercraft is full of Eels!

In large parts of Bayern they say Mersse (Merci) Dir as Thank you and not Danke.Its believed to originate from the time Napolean and his army was in the area as they went to fight the Prussians and eventually on the way to Russia. There are a number of French as well as Italian originating words in Bavaria while the North of Germany has the Platt Deutsch Dialect, which is very different to Bavarian.

A couple of maybe bargain buys in this article for those that are looking for a bargain buy https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/your-nrl-clubs-next-big-thing-for-2018/news-story/345c0f108036e31adaa1bd3f6d500dc8

• Like 1

I'm in again, under the name Les Rhinos this year (formerly Anley Sea Eagles).

Not even really thought about my team yet so will have some work to do, but cant wait for it to start. Cant see any way I can better last years top 1000 finish!!

• Like 2

By the way SS13 where is Anley anyway? Is it near Settle ?

SC2.JPG

I don't have a clue Graham! Haha! I know there's a nursing home called Anley Hall near Settle, if thats what you're thinking?

Anley is my surname, so its that rather than a place that the team name referred to.

• Haha 1

Has anyone signed up for the Telegraph? They bring out a lot of Supercoach content daily. 

No, there's usually other places that have the same info. I would visit it more often if it were free, but I've managed so far without it.

Telegraph seem to lead on Supercoach, but I go into SC via FoxSports 

• Like 1

I have downloaded the Super Coach on Android. Personally think its easier than using Google Chrome etc on my Phone and had no problems downloading or using it.

I use  both my PC (Windows 10) and the  iPad for SC. 

SC10.JPG.13032e25d18e4cb1b358a343e3ae9989.JPG

As of just now 10/20 places taken.

Don't miss out, join us now.

Welcome Dennis and your Dragoons

Don't forget to create your shield design folks.

Don't panic Cpt Mainwaring but just to say there's only nine places left in out league.

Don't leave it too late!

Welcome Les and your LP team.

I hope those of you without a team badge will design one It's a quick and easy job.

5a7b380ebef50_SCWed.JPG.f5646caf2cbba03a030896654df5d3cf.JPG

• Like 1

I need to get cracking with my team, there's been so much player movement this year that its hard to work out what minutes certain players may get, what roles they'll play at their new teams, how teams will rotate forward etc, so im finding it very difficult to be happy with selections this year!

They've really clamped down on dual positions this year so there are no where near as many as previously, which I like because it makes it more difficult, but at the same time, it makes things more difficult! Ha! In previous years you could drop a centre to pick up a prop without much trouble, that wont be happening this year so more trades will probably get burnt trying to shuffle the team around!

The main focus is which cheapies to start the year with, I've no idea at this point so will do some research.

A few things ive seen or heard:

• Roosters, Storm and Raiders seem to have a decent draw to start the year. The Tigers really don't! They have to play the Storm twice in the first few weeks!
  • Havili is apparently likely to be the starting hooker for the Raiders (and a cheapie) but things could change with Craig Garvey an option

5a8883523a18c_7left.thumb.jpg.e2f1be0b7e756c4e1255c836195ae9fc.jpg

Welcome Kev and your team Keverton. Good luck in the season ahead.