Hummel

Well, if they don't do World Cup mugs, I know someone's going to be unhappy... :wink: 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

That first paragraph also makes good reading, as they have signed up for a lot more than just England kit and referee strips.

The Danish sportswear brand will supply product to the Rugby Football League and produce kit for all England Rugby League squads, Match Officials, Champion Schools Competition, staff and all associated programmes, as well as a full range of merchandise for England supporters around the world.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Also mentions Elite group, who produce a number of 'fanwear' collections.

http://elitegroup-uk.com/

Essentially lower price point fan orientated tee's, polo's, sweats etc..

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

1 hour ago, Futtocks said:

That first paragraph also makes good reading, as they have signed up for a lot more than just England kit and referee strips.

The Danish sportswear brand will supply product to the Rugby Football League and produce kit for all England Rugby League squads, Match Officials, Champion Schools Competition, staff and all associated programmes, as well as a full range of merchandise for England supporters around the world.

Thats what ISC and BLK have done on the last few contracts I think though

10 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Also mentions Elite group, who produce a number of 'fanwear' collections.

http://elitegroup-uk.com/

Essentially lower price point fan orientated tee's, polo's, sweats etc..

No doubt Monkey Lover will provide more info, but it looks like Elite manufacture the Hummel stuff.

They have signed a 5 year deal with Charlton Athletic recently.

15 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Yes think they have the UK license.

As you can imagine it went down a storm at the clubs meeting when it was announced a few months back. They didn’t even have a picture of a team playing in Hummel to use (because they ain’t made a rugby kit since cameras became full colour I think) so used a picture of a Scandinavian soccer club to announce to the chairmen the deal.

No idea what Elite are like, what I do know is established and experienced Rugby League brands X-Blades, ISC, Canterbury and errea all put an awful lot of effort in to try and get the deal only to lose out to someone who was never in the process and popped up out of the blue. 

Im saying nothing about how that could appear just as Nigel knew he was leaving though!! Maybe Hummel just offered to make him some big hoodies and it was all perfectly above board! 

So rival companies were peeved that they missed out on the deal? Hold the front page!!!

Id suggest as a fan these brands mean little. BLK were an established Rugby brand and were the worst ever seen.

Happy to see what we get.

Just now, Monkey Lover said:

They were rightly ‘peeved’ that a seemingly transparent process was taking place only to find a company that was not in the process suddenly wins the deal without any evidence to suggest they can produce Rugby kit to a high standard and hold Charlton Athletic as their only professional sports club in the UK.

As I said, the owners and chairmen I spoke to were all quite keen to point out this seemed to happen just as Nigel was leaving. If we see him at London Broncos again this season with a Hummel Beanie hat on to replace his SKY sports one we will know it is all above board and he simply wanted a free beanie hat 

How could a company not in the process get the deal? Surely they made a bid at some stage?

6 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Yes I’m sure I it was all perfectly above board and the 4 companies in the process are just confused. After all there has never been any suggestion that Nigel is partial to a free lunch in exchange for something. 

And Hummel have such a rich history of supplying high quality Rugby apparel they simply had to be be drafted in at the last minute instead of selecting one of the 4 companies that between them pretty much make all of the kits for every top flight side both in Aus and the UK.

Ive heard England Football are about to bin off Nike, ignore Puma, Adidas and Umbro to sign a deal with Aussie Rugby brand Classic. It’s all perfectly above board, Classic make lovely stuff and have promised to learn how to make football kits dead quick. 

So you cant answer how they got a deal then despite not being part of the process?

10 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

No Dave, you’re right, they were there all along and won the contract based purely on merit. I mean, who the #### are Canterbury anyway and why would the sport want rubbish like that as it’s National sides supplier. 

Your accusation that this is dodgy and not won on merit is pretty serious tbh.

Maybe contact one of the journos who frequent this board.

54 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

They were rightly ‘peeved’ that a seemingly transparent process was taking place only to find a company that was not in the process suddenly wins the deal without any evidence to suggest they can produce Rugby kit to a high standard and hold Charlton Athletic as their only professional sports club in the UK.

As I said, the owners and chairmen I spoke to were all quite keen to point out this seemed to happen just as Nigel was leaving. If we see him at London Broncos again this season with a Hummel Beanie hat on to replace his SKY sports one we will know it is all above board and he simply wanted a free beanie hat 

As long as it’s not an England rugby union beanie. 

Anything has got to be better than BLK. I would’ve hoped that they’d mocked up what the gear could look like and have seen the quality of materials 

44 minutes ago, Monkey Lover said:

Yes I’m sure I it was all perfectly above board and the 4 companies in the process are just confused. After all there has never been any suggestion that Nigel is partial to a free lunch in exchange for something. 

And Hummel have such a rich history of supplying high quality Rugby apparel they simply had to be be drafted in at the last minute instead of selecting one of the 4 companies that between them pretty much make all of the kits for every top flight side both in Aus and the UK.

Ive heard England Football are about to bin off Nike, ignore Puma, Adidas and Umbro to sign a deal with Aussie Rugby brand Classic. It’s all perfectly above board, Classic make lovely stuff and have promised to learn how to make football kits dead quick. 

I’m pretty sure Mark Foster would have been involved with making the decision, doubt the CEO would be doing that, other than signing it off. Have had dealings with Mark, I know too well that he’s well aware of how poor BLK were so I’m sure he would be keen to ensure whoever replaced them met certain criteria 

Archived