Sign in to follow this  
B rad

More RL/RU players switch to Tonga RL

Great article B rad and thanks for posting.  Imagine if we see something like this occur in Canada and the USA with quality athletes considering RL.  The impact would be seismic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Survival said:

Great article B rad and thanks for posting.  Imagine if we see something like this occur in Canada and the USA with quality athletes considering RL.  The impact would be seismic.

You're sorely mistaken. You can't compare Tonga to huge countries like the USA and Canada. Nate Ebnar, who is a popular NFL player for the New England Patriots, represented the USA in sevens at the Olympics. Do you think the impact was 'seismic' for union?  

9 hours ago, Jace said:

You're sorely mistaken. You can't compare Tonga to huge countries like the USA and Canada. Nate Ebnar, who is a popular NFL player for the New England Patriots, represented the USA in sevens at the Olympics. Do you think the impact was 'seismic' for union?  

I believe you misunderstood my context but perhaps I can be blamed how loose I stated it.  My thought was that if both union players of which there are tens of thousands in NA and, quality athletes from other sports of which there are tens of millions, were to have RL on their radar and even a very small portion of them switch, this might have material consequences.  But this is a discussion for elsewhere as I do not want to sidetrack this good news story out of Tonga.