The Daddy

Steve Mascord - US franchise interviews

3 minutes ago, Gerrumonside ref said:

Not sure as above, maybe be worried about your battery! 😉

It's gone down to 6% now mate 

Edited by The Daddy
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

Very little to go on, but taking a punt on Rimmer's comments on Toronto and my own negativity - it could be RFL turning down US proposals point blank?  

Not everyone will get in so i image they are limiting it to one per year and telling them to start in league 1? if they are going to a 14 team closed shop then the NA investors would be telling the RLF no because no one will invest to start a team in lower divisions for the foreseeable future.

Being a canuck who just had maple syrup in my coffee i'll be more optimistic that its a limited amount of teams being able to enter which does make sense.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Krzzystuff said:

Not everyone will get in so i image they are limiting it to one per year and telling them to start in league 1? if they are going to a 14 team closed shop then the NA investors would be telling the RLF no because no one will invest to start a team in lower divisions for the foreseeable future.

Being a canuck who just had maple syrup in my coffee i'll be more optimistic that its a limited amount of teams being able to enter which does make sense.

I'd take that!  Hopefully it's something along the lines of what you're suggesting and Mascord is just being dramatic for some attention (not a fan of that type of post - if he isn't going to share anything then don't bother at all).

14 minutes ago, Copa said:

It’s possible some of the investors are weird.

Stormy Daniels may be looking for somewhere to invest her windfall?

42 minutes ago, Krzzystuff said:

Why not have SL Europe and SL North America with an inter divisional playoff series

22 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Stormy Daniels may be looking for somewhere to invest her windfall?

None of us know who that is Scubby.....

1 minute ago, Dave T said:

Then you've Trumped me ;) Don't do an internet image search at work whatever you do lol. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Come on Dave T, you really know, your just not willing to admit it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cowardly Fan said:

Very little to go on, but taking a punt on Rimmer's comments on Toronto and my own negativity - it could be RFL turning down US proposals point blank?  

Another reason why Rimmer shouldn't be anywhere near the CEO role.

Anybody who can't see the benefits of getting a team from North America into Super League and the financial benefits that would bring to our game through sponsorship and awareness is in my opinion a plank.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, The Future is League said:

Another reason why Rimmer shouldn't be anywhere near the CEO role.

Anybody who can't see the benefits of getting a team from North America into Super League and the financial benefits that would bring to our game through sponsorship and awareness is in my opinion a plank.

Then a plank he is..But he knows something with stating Toronto may not gain promotion. Have the wheels fell off already or is there a new kid in town.

Edited by SL17

15 minutes ago, SL17 said:

Then a plank he is..But he knows something with stating Toronto may not gain promotion.

Or he's stating a long know stipulation to the SL Board and TWP as he mentioned it was agreed upon from day one that a review would take place prior to entering SL and he's playing lip service to the people who vote for the next candidate.

Based on comments here and on LRL no one thinks that Rimmer has anything to add to the game. I don't know much about the man but from day one thought that the promotion of the game was severely lacking so having Hearn come in and fix that would be the best thing for the game in my opinion. Product is great but no one knows about it outside a core area, which isn't attractive to sponsors which deprives the game of much needed cash to move forward/prevent regression. The fact that the  latest SL "promotional" video was actually released is evidence that no one within the RLF is a valid candidate.

Edited by Krzzystuff
  • Like 3

Maybe something with the investors or there are roadblocks. Just have to wait til Nigel comes back if there is any legitimacy to the NA franchises. Otherwise it's a matter of wait and see.

5 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Or he's stating a long know stipulation to the SL Board and TWP as he mentioned it was agreed upon from day one that a review would take place prior to entering SL and he's playing lip service to the people who vote for the next candidate.

Based on comments here and on LRL no one thinks that Rimmer has anything to add to the game. I don't know much about the man but from day one thought that the promotion of the game was severely lacking so having Hearn come in and fix that would be the best thing for the game in my opinion. Product is great but no one knows about it outside a core area, which isn't attractive to sponsors which deprives the game of much needed cash to move forward/prevent regression. The fact that the  latest SL "promotional" video was actually released is evidence that no one within the RLF is a valid candidate.

Then why wasn't all of this made clear to the average supporter from the outset? That is the problem here, the RFL is not communicating to it's supporter base. We are several days away from the start of the season and we still have no idea what the teams are playing for. That is actually unprecedented. Can you imagine if this happened in football. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, SL17 said:

Then a plank he is..But he knows something with stating Toronto may not gain promotion. Have the wheels fell off already or is there a new kid in town.

8 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

3 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Then why wasn't all of this made clear to the average supporter from the outset? That is the problem here, the RFL is not communicating to it's supporter base. We are several days away from the start of the season and we still have no idea what the teams are playing for. That is actually unprecedented. Can you imagine if this happened in football. 

It must be i know,  but surely the best way to break into the North American sports market is with a team that's self supporting and doesn't take a penny from the British game.

That's probably to easy for them at the RFL to understand

4 hours ago, The Daddy said:

Then why wasn't all of this made clear to the average supporter from the outset? That is the problem here, the RFL is not communicating to it's supporter base.

I could be wrong but the RL hierarchy give me the impression forward planing isn’t their strong suit and decisions are often just knee jerk reactions. That impression could come from the fact they lack power to act alone and have to get SL or the NRL on board before doing anything,

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

It's a worry when that is the view from Canada - and the Hearns get the vote.

Does Mr Perez not prove adept at promotion and could he not take the position as CEO at the RFL and coordinate the sport her and in North America,especially regarding tv deals?

He seems to have garnered sufficient publicity for one club,after all.As well as getting more sponsors and interviews across press and media in 18 months  than those at Red Hall have managed over years.

He'll enjoy life in Salford...

26 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

It's a worry when that is the view from Canada - and the Hearns get the vote.

Does Mr Perez not prove adept at promotion and could he not take the position as CEO at the RFL and coordinate the sport her and in North America,especially regarding tv deals?

He seems to have garnered sufficient publicity for one club,after all.As well as getting more sponsors and interviews across press and media in 18 months  than those at Red Hall have managed over years.

He'll enjoy life in Salford...

lol i mean it's not like Perez is actively involved in expansion offers or anything, no conflict of interest for him to be running the RLF and all right?

Also the Hears have a proven track record in sports promotion, Perez has done great work but to run a whole sport governing body after one startup? You guys have pretty low criteria for running the sport...i'm playing fantasy RL so maybe i should apply? I did take marketing in school so pretty much a shoe in eh?