Wigan (RESERVE TEAM) with Swinton

Championship

Toronto with Bradford

London Broncos with Skolars

None= Leigh, Dewsbury, Batley, Barrow

League 1

None= Whitehaven, West Wales, Keighley, Hunslet, Hemel, Coventry, Workington

Edited by marklaspalmas

Hopefully, the dual registration system will work out well this season but I personally have reservations about such formal agreements.

If a Championship team has an injury crisis or a severe shortage of players, borrowing a couple of dual-reg players can be great.

if a Superleague club wants to give a few players some match practice or experience, not caring much about the displaced player at a Championship club, it's not at all good.

As a Bulls supporter, I love my team and will watch it in whatever division we find ourselves in. So do 3000 other fans. I certainly don't want it turned into some other club's development team.

Last year, Jordan Lilley, Mikolai Oledski and Ben Murray were absolutely great duallers for us. Some of the others? I would hate to think that we were obliged to select them under the arrangements we had with their parent clubs.

42 minutes ago, Wolford6 said:

Hopefully, the dual registration system will work out well this season but I personally have reservations about such formal agreements.

If a Championship team has an injury crisis or a severe shortage of players, borrowing a couple of dual-reg players can be great.

if a Superleague club wants to give a few players some match practice or experience, not caring much about the displaced player at a Championship club, it's not at all good.

As a Bulls supporter, I love my team and will watch it in whatever division we find ourselves in. So do 3000 other fans. I certainly don't want it turned into some other club's development team.

Last year, Jordan Lilley, Mikolai Oledski and Ben Murray were absolutely great duallers for us. Some of the others? I would hate to think that we were obliged to select them under the arrangements we had with their parent clubs.

..except those 2 definitely weren't DR'd with you (Leeds were DR'd with Fev) but loaned. And do you mean Daniel Murray who was on loan from Salford (who were DR'd with 'fax)?

3 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

..except those 2 definitely weren't DR'd with you (Leeds were DR'd with Fev) but loaned. And do you mean Daniel Murray who was on loan from Salford (who were DR'd with 'fax)?

Yes.

2 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

My list. What am I missing?

Salford

Oldham have just linked up with Salford

Edited by Gav Wilson

Whitehaven rumoured to be with Widnes shortly

With the demise of the reserve teams then DR could have even more of an impact on Champ & Champ 1 results. I'd still like to see DR restricted to players under a certain age and with a max (such as 15 or 20) number of SL games

• Like 2

It's not right, when one considers it does matter as far as positional finishing is concerned in the Championship with respect to the prize money they recieve, because a team who uses another clubs employees could be stronger.

• Thanks 1

Dual registration gives many teams an unfair advantage. I have no issues with loans and those should continue to be available. It seems unfair that the team promoted from Champship/League one could be decided by what DR players they have. Also very unfair on teams that are trying to build from the bottom up and bring through academy players. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

North Wales Crusaders will have NO DUAL REG for the 2018 season. Mike Grady, Head Coach is not a fan - we didn't have DR last season - his view is to support the players who have signed for the club and show commitment, training every week. He doesn't want those players being replaced by DR players or hi selection to be influenced by a coach at a DR club.

• Like 8

Just now, gogledd said:

North Wales Crusaders will have NO DUAL REG for the 2018 season. Mike Grady, Head Coach is not a fan - we didn't have DR last season - his view is to support the players who have signed for the club and show commitment, training every week. He doesn't want those players being replaced by DR players or hi selection to be influenced by a coach at a DR club.

I agree with your coach.   There are some obvious advantages to dual reg. but the long term benefits of your coaching philosophy will bear fruit, although you might have a few losses along the way, but its better for the players.

• Like 2

It just misleads teams true league  position, Come Easter or certain weeks when there are matches very close, teams do let players go on D/R. 

Donny n Hull will be interesting ... and the coach has a foot in both camps so they could be well stocked up . It’s all very distorting to the competition and teams will be achieving with big advantages and not on their own merit against others with different ideas or strengths . It’s a bit of a mess . Alternatively it can be counter productive in ways as we’ve seen . Either way it’s a big factor and not always one you can plan for 

Edited by DavidM

Once again you have to feel sorry for all the players who train with their clubs all week, just to get dropped for D/R players

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, newbe said:

Once again you have to feel sorry for all the players who train with their clubs all week, just to get dropped for D/R players

And you also have to think of all the players on DR who don’t want to be there.

On 24/01/2018 at 2:50 PM, gogledd said:

Just read that Crusaders have joined up with Widnes. 

Always feel sorry for teh displaced regular with the dual reg system

Why not have a rule that if you send a player "down" it has to be for a minimum period. 2-3 months before can call back?

SL clubs would have to think twice before they did it. Championship clubs would at least get a player for a bit longer

That approach may encourage a proper reserves competition 

Well there have been calls for a full reserve grade comp by coaches in all divisions so i imagine it will be setup again within the next two years if not next year. NRL players are apparently better but they don't start until 20 or 21 I believe i read...why should the SL boys be ready by 19? It's seems like such common sense and so many people in the game are saying it's a backwards move to do away with reserve grade so i really don't get why it hasn't been resolved? When did they do away with the reserves, has it been recently, within 3 years, or longer?

1 hour ago, newbe said:

Just read that Crusaders have joined up with Widnes. 

Well when I read the article it stresses it was NOT a dual reg arrangement, but a partnership to progress both clubs. We had DR with Widnes before and the players who came didn't seem to want to be here.

Edited by gogledd