Sign in to follow this  
Bob8

Blackpool

Presumably, I was Hitler in a previous life and in this life am being punished by there being a family gathering in Blackpool.

Is there anywhere to eat and drink on the north end of the promenade that is not terrible?  Or, maybe, even good?

4 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Presumably, I was Hitler in a previous life and in this life am being punished by there being a family gathering in Blackpool.

Is there anywhere to eat and drink on the north end of the promenade that is not terrible?  Or, maybe, even good?

Weatherspoon's.  Nando's. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bedford Roughyed said:

Weatherspoon's.  Nando's. 

Weatherspoons is ok, personally I like Nando's food, but the last time I went to the one in Blackpool (2016 Big Bash) the service was appalling.  We had to take our food away in carrier bags, or we'd have missed our train.  Ate it cold on Piccadilly Station.  I don't envy anyone spending any time in Blackpool, it's a dump, full of drunken louts (both sexes)

3 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Blackpools alright because on a clear day you can see Barrow.

Jesus ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trojan said:

Weatherspoons is ok, personally I like Nando's food, but the last time I went to the one in Blackpool (2016 Big Bash) the service was appalling.  We had to take our food away in carrier bags, or we'd have missed our train.  Ate it cold on Piccadilly Station.  I don't envy anyone spending any time in Blackpool, it's a dump, full of drunken louts (both sexes)

I was being a bit tongue in cheek...

However, last time I was in Blackpool the weatherspoons was nicer than quite a few of the other bars!

2 minutes ago, Saintslass said:

Jesus is in Barrow?

Those feet have truly walked upon our green and pleasant land.

And Barrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

Hitler

Most threads go at least twenty pages before someone drops the H bomb. 

Opening post is a record that can never be beaten! :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, longboard said:

Wheely?

If he's not there now he's Bin

16 minutes ago, Shadow said:

If he's not there now he's Bin

Has he wheely bin there?

The only time in the last 40 years I have been to Blackpool was for an ODP Conference.

When I was at school they used to run coach trips to various places, at parents expense of course, and when in the 4th year (ie aged 14/15) our year was due to go to Blackpool, I refused.

That would've been late 70's

Try the Stone Grill, used to be up the north end but moved to bigger premises in Bispham.

A little on the pricey side but very very good

Only been to Blackpool twice in the last twenty years....once for the punk Fest they have up there where I stayed in the worse B&B I have ever stayed in and where I seriously feared for my wellbeing(and Im not joking) and once with an ex visiting her son, where we were asked by some random geezer in a pub, if we fancied a threesome! Did find some ok pubs last time I went...cant remember the names though unfourtanetly. Spoons is ok, but its just a spoons.

48 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Only been to Blackpool twice in the last twenty years....once for the punk Fest they have up there where I stayed in the worse B&B I have ever stayed in and where I seriously feared for my wellbeing(and Im not joking) and once with an ex visiting her son, where we were asked by some random geezer in a pub, if we fancied a threesome! Did find some ok pubs last time I went...cant remember the names though unfourtanetly. Spoons is ok, but its just a spoons.

3 'Spoons in Blackpool.

Velvet Coast, Albert and the Lion and Layton Rakes. The Velvet Coast was/is? The biggest 'Spoons in the country. 

Edited by Bearman

4 minutes ago, Bearman said:

3 'Spoons in Blackpool.

Velvet Coast, Albert and the Lion and Layton Rakes. The Velvet Coast was/is? The biggest 'Spoons in the country. 

Was the one on the front, towards the pleasure beach....I think!

3 minutes ago, Gray1967 said:

Was the one on the front, towards the pleasure beach....I think!

Yes, on 3 floors and unusually purpose built, not the usual recycled coversion.

12 hours ago, Bearman said:

Yes, on 3 floors and unusually purpose built, not the usual recycled coversion.

So not the usual 10 minute hike up a load of stairs and up and down long corridors to the gents then? Top tip when visiting a 'Spoons; never wait until you need a pee before setting off for a pee! :ohmy:

57 minutes ago, Griff9of13 said:

So not the usual 10 minute hike up a load of stairs and up and down long corridors to the gents then? Top tip when visiting a 'Spoons; never wait until you need a pee before setting off for a pee! :ohmy:

Oh yes, they have kept up that tradition. The bogs are on the top floor.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Gray1967 said:

Only been to Blackpool twice in the last twenty years....once for the punk Fest they have up there where I stayed in the worse B&B I have ever stayed in and where I seriously feared for my wellbeing(and Im not joking) and once with an ex visiting her son, where we were asked by some random geezer in a pub, if we fancied a threesome!

........... and?

• Haha 1