Sign in to follow this  
georgehadgingerhair

Pennine League Fixtures

Recommended Posts

You wound think that the Yorkshire mens league and pennine league could work together so the seasons do not overlap though I did hear that pennine league would not agree to this when it was suggested. Can't see that as being true as they are such forward thinking people who run the winter league. ;)

 

Our club received the dates of the fixtures for the season on 9th Nov so I would think barla sending their dates in on the same date would be too late to have any bearing on them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Pennine league tried to work with the YML and took their playing season to start later in September but the YML just made theirs longer and now starts earlier. think the YML and the RFL seem to want to get rid of Winter Rugby but cant see why as they do not have near enough referee`s to run all summer.

what dates did you receive on the 9th November and for what league as the NCL had only just finished on the 28th October and the YML had not registered teams. we had a few NCL teams enter but 2 pulled out due to other commitments, Wedding etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/03/2018 at 2:15 PM, Impartial Observer said:

You wound think that the Yorkshire mens league and pennine league could work together so the seasons do not overlap though I did hear that pennine league would not agree to this when it was suggested. Can't see that as being true as they are such forward thinking people who run the winter league. ;)

 

Our club received the dates of the fixtures for the season on 9th Nov so I would think barla sending their dates in on the same date would be too late to have any bearing on them.  

I don't think that's the right strategy, the season should be longer than six months, but players should have an off season. I'd give players and clubs a choice between March to October and September to May, but not have doubling up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anymore teams leaving the Pennine League now that the Yorkshire Mens League is about to start to be honest you cannot blame them. The Pennine League started in September and there are teams in each league who are not even half way through their fixtures and this is after seven months so how long does the league drag on for. To go to the extreme Doncaster Toll Bar and East Leeds at this rate their seasons would finish in another eleven months as they are only playing on average one game a month.

Personally think as I have said before supply a fixture list at the start of it and stick to it rather than making it up as you go along get rid of or play the regional cups etc at the end of the season and stop blaming other Leagues when it is clearly the Pennine League who is at fault so sorry luckymutz are cannot agree with your comment. It seems the Pennine League wants everything to revolve around them.

It may seem I am not in favour of winter rugby but I am totally the opposite I still look for games to go watch but on the odd occasion have got there and the game is cancelled.

Finally does anybody know when the finishing date for the Pennine League is.

Sorry about my rant from a totally p****d off supporter so I even sympathise even more for players.

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:22 PM, luckymutz said:

The Pennine league tried to work with the YML and took their playing season to start later in September but the YML just made theirs longer and now starts earlier. think the YML and the RFL seem to want to get rid of Winter Rugby but cant see why as they do not have near enough referee`s to run all summer.

what dates did you receive on the 9th November and for what league as the NCL had only just finished on the 28th October and the YML had not registered teams. we had a few NCL teams enter but 2 pulled out due to other commitments, Wedding etc.

.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, georgehadgingerhair said:

Personally think as I have said before supply a fixture list at the start of it and stick to it rather than making it up as you go along get rid of or play the regional cups etc at the end of the season and stop blaming other Leagues when it is clearly the Pennine League who is at fault so sorry luckymutz are cannot agree with your comment. It seems the Pennine League wants everything to revolve around them.

A great assessment of the people who run the pennine league. Making it up as they along and they want everything to revolve around them.They do seem to like a cup competition every other week so no wonder league games are not played.

They should stand aside and let the people who run the YML run a winter competition

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See only one Pennine League Fixture played on Saturday out of six and by the look of it East Leeds have pulled out and I dont think you can blame anybody for leaving and giving the YML a go it must be impossible to be as bad as the Pennine.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎26‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:12 PM, georgehadgingerhair said:

See only one Pennine League Fixture played on Saturday out of six and by the look of it East Leeds have pulled out and I dont think you can blame anybody for leaving and giving the YML a go it must be impossible to be as bad as the Pennine.

The problem is the Pennine have tried to cater for the YML, NCL players and teams which has proved to be a mistake, instead of being guided by the RFL they should take control of their own rudder and tweak the season to cater - The Pennine can't give out a full season of fixtures (We've suffered  more than Toll Bar or East Leeds) because of local cups competitions and the Yorkshire cup (cup rounds dropped when we would have had an home fixture), tomorrow 31/3/2018 will be our fourth home game of the season simply because we've been drawn away in every cup game this season and two NCL `A` teams never completed their fixtures,  couple of more teams have gone to summer but these two teams are the type that are jumping between both seasons and not completing either.

For the amount of fixtures played last Saturday in the Pennine you'd do well to check how many where actually also played in the YML - I think you'll find the weather had a massive call on that one.

You'll also find that the RFL up date the YML website ASAP which also takes away any unfulfilled fixtures, surprisingly the RFL also run the Pennine website and they can't even up date it, it has been showing a league table that's completely wrong from before Christmas even though games have been played and they have been informed, simple things like this also go towards pulling the Pennine down, time to shake up, stand up and get going forward progressively even if it means breaking away from the big fat controllers. 

Edited by Marauder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The websites are automatically updated via work done by the clubs. If the clubs do the right thing the website updates

thats certainly true for NWML & NCL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Spidey said:

The websites are automatically updated via work done by the clubs. If the clubs do the right thing the website updates

thats certainly true for NWML & NCL

Not true the RFL update the websites that's why everything points towards summer rugby, the winter game is now suffering from media neglect just like the RFL get from the union favoured press.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Marauder said:

Not true the RFL update the websites that's why everything points towards summer rugby, the winter game is now suffering from media neglect just like the RFL get from the union favoured press.

 

Not true, when a club enter the result on to the scoring system it feeds straight onto the league website and updates the tables automatically. Also when we put the team into the on line team sheet it appears on the website and player stats are updated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

Not true, when a club enter the result on to the scoring system it feeds straight onto the league website and updates the tables automatically. Also when we put the team into the on line team sheet it appears on the website and player stats are updated.

Glad somebody knows what actually goes on 👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Impartial Observer said:

Not true, when a club enter the result on to the scoring system it feeds straight onto the league website and updates the tables automatically. Also when we put the team into the on line team sheet it appears on the website and player stats are updated.

One of our players went to Fev Lions, so far his stats haven't been up dated after 3 games and why has the league tables for the Pennine not been up dated for weeks ?

Edited by Marauder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marauder said:

One of our players went to Fev Lions, so far his stats haven't been up dated after 3 games and why has the league tables for the Pennine not been up dated for weeks ?

If clubs aren’t updating results the table doesn’t update.

Its not always the big bad RFL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Spidey said:

If clubs aren’t updating results the table doesn’t update.

Its not always the big bad RFL

So the system your talking about is flawed because none of the tables have been altered for ages meaning not one club has updated their results. In fact there isn't the facility to update your result, it's not a pitchero website

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The tables haven't been updated because the leagues haven't started yet, I believe the first fixtures for the top divisions start this weekend with the rest starting later this month. The friendly table is there and is updated when you add all the details into 'leaguenet', well I know ours have been anyway. If we haven't put the information in we get a warning email from the RFL that says we have X amount of time or a fine will be issued which was agreed at the begining of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 8:56 AM, Yorkie44 said:

The tables haven't been updated because the leagues haven't started yet, I believe the first fixtures for the top divisions start this weekend with the rest starting later this month. The friendly table is there and is updated when you add all the details into 'leaguenet', well I know ours have been anyway. If we haven't put the information in we get a warning email from the RFL that says we have X amount of time or a fine will be issued which was agreed at the begining of the season.

It's the Pennine that's not being up dated

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Marauder said:

It's the Pennine that's not being up dated

Looking in the League Express you have played seventeen matches

how many have you actually played it seems at least half the teams

have pulled out of your division.

I sympathise with you as you are a staunch believer in winter rugby and I am also but you

must find it hard the support the way the Pennine League is run. Does it have a date

when the season ends because I do not believe it is has tried to work with other leagues

like you have previously said it has and by not doing this it is harming itself. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Marauder said:

It's the Pennine that's not being up dated

Ah, my bad.

In my opinion I don't think the Pennine League or winter rugby league are long for this world anyway.

Also having played in the atrcious conditions over the past couple of months I don't think the season should start until the end of April anyway. April/May - October/November, with a couple of weeks break in August maybe. Basically miss December - March/April.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

apart from a freak blast from the east the last few seasons the weather has been OK in the winter - A new format for the Pennine has been put forward, I'm not sure how far it will get but the clubs who have seen it really like the idea, It will cater for NCL `A` teams and yoyo clubs who never finish their winter or summer seasons

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Looking in the League Express you have played seventeen matches

how many have you actually played it seems at least half the teams

have pulled out of your division.

I sympathise with you as you are a staunch believer in winter rugby and I am also but you

must find it hard the support the way the Pennine League is run. Does it have a date

when the season ends because I do not believe it is has tried to work with other leagues

like you have previously said it has and by not doing this it is harming itself. 

 

I think we may see a few changes for next season, I liken the way the Pennine has been run to a WMC committee who still try to run their club like they did in the 1960's, these clubs are dying but the ones who do change and bring in a modern outlook seem to be doing OK

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎17‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 10:14 AM, georgehadgingerhair said:

Looking in the League Express you have played seventeen matches

how many have you actually played it seems at least half the teams

have pulled out of your division.

I sympathise with you as you are a staunch believer in winter rugby and I am also but you

must find it hard the support the way the Pennine League is run. Does it have a date

when the season ends because I do not believe it is has tried to work with other leagues

like you have previously said it has and by not doing this it is harming itself. 

 

We've two home games left unless Upton `A` have gone as well, if they have that will mean we've had 5 home games all season in league and cups

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


League Express - Online Now

League Express - Every Monday



Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League World - Sept 2018

Rugby League Books On Sale Here